I'm A Roadie!

bentcruiser

New Member
Apr 18, 2003
Er...well...not exactly. Shock value only.

I joined up with a team called the All Terrain Roadies that are doing the MS150 Bike Tour in Oklahoma. It is a misnomer for the club, however. They have a handful of recumbents in their throng.

I have noticed with a higher performing recumbent than what I had, I am even more eager to try out different longer rides. I used to have a BikeE that I crossed the state on several times but never considered the MS 150. So this is my year.

has anyone else done an MS 150? Comments on them?

We need a better name. Roadies are the guys who schlep the heavy stuff onto the stage for rock
concerts. "bentcruiser" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Er...well...not exactly. Shock value only.
>
> I joined up with a team called the All Terrain Roadies that are doing the MS150 Bike Tour
> in Oklahoma. It is a misnomer for the club, however. They have a handful of recumbents in
> their throng.
>
> I have noticed with a higher performing recumbent than what I had, I am even more eager to try out
> different longer rides. I used to have a BikeE that I crossed the state on several times but never
> considered the MS 150. So this is my year.
>
> has anyone else done an MS 150? Comments on them?
>

> --
> - - - - Derek Burley Canto, modified

Bents are well suited for touring, sagged or unsupported. MS rides are generally quite well
supported - they will feed you well and carry your overnight gear for you. All you will have to
carry are supplies for the day. There were several bents on last year's Philadelphia city to shore
ride. Head wind? Is there a head wind? Jon Shinefeld Philadelphia, PA VRex and Stumpy

"bentcruiser" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Er...well...not exactly. Shock value only.
>
> I joined up with a team called the All Terrain Roadies that are doing the MS150 Bike Tour
> in Oklahoma. It is a misnomer for the club, however. They have a handful of recumbents in
> their throng.
>
> I have noticed with a higher performing recumbent than what I had, I am even more eager to try out
> different longer rides. I used to have a BikeE that I crossed the state on several times but never
> considered the MS 150. So this is my year.
>
> has anyone else done an MS 150? Comments on them?
>

> --
> - - - - Derek Burley Canto, modified

I did an MS150 three years ago in the state of Washington "Pedal the Peninsula". It was my first
organized ride and in many ways the best. It was fully supported with adequate rest stops, good meal
stops, overnight accommodations(if you wished), dinner on the first night, a hearty breakfast on the
morning of the second day, and they had a lot of people cruising the route checking for people that
might have problems.

You needed to check in at certain points along the route so they could keep track of all riders. It
was very comforting to know that you were never more than 10 minutes from having some form of
assistance.

With this in mind you might check with others that have done your ride and find out what the state
of support is. I wound up hauling more items with me than I really needed.

It was a good ride for a good cause. I hope you have as much fun on your ride as I did on mine.

William Higley, Sr. Vision R-50 "bentcruiser" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Er...well...not exactly. Shock value only.
>
> I joined up with a team called the All Terrain Roadies that are doing the MS150 Bike Tour
> in Oklahoma. It is a misnomer for the club, however. They have a handful of recumbents in
> their throng.
>
> I have noticed with a higher performing recumbent than what I had, I am even more eager to try out
> different longer rides. I used to have a BikeE that I crossed the state on several times but never
> considered the MS 150. So this is my year.
>
> has anyone else done an MS 150? Comments on them?
>

> --
> - - - - Derek Burley Canto, modified

I have done the BDBT (Best Dam Bike Tour) in Wisconsin for the last two years and will do it again
this year. Fun, but maybe a little too overorganized and undernourished. I have found the sag stops
and lunches to be a little mingy, but the breakfast and Dinner at UW Whitewater are very good. The
accomodations are good, but take a fan.

Oh, they have a beer tent. Beer good.

Brad

On 26 Jun 2003 02:28:48 GMT, [email protected] (TBRADSTER) wrote:

>I have done the BDBT (Best Dam Bike Tour) in Wisconsin

Popular with beavers, I'll bet! %^) Might it also explain the food choices?

Jon Meinecke