I'm A Terrible Cyclist - Who's With Me?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by Saltbush, Jul 9, 2004.

1. cydewaze

cydewaze New Member

The funniest part is that you had been standing comfortably at the intersection for some time before you decided to fall over. When I heard the crash, I thought another cyclist had come up behind us and crashed. :D

You shoud go post pics of your bike in the bike pic thread.

Edit: DOH!V I've already posted one for you. http://www.cyclingforums.com/showthread.php?t=41866&page=33&pp=15

2. jtfleming

jtfleming New Member

OK OK I am coming out of the closet, and demaning recognition as a member of the discriminated against underclass of cycling. I haven't had any accidents (well, once when I was a kid) but I just can't get this darned thing to sustain speeds much over 14 or 15 mph. I have been renovating the house, so I haven't been out but once this year, but I do average about 2,000 miles a season (at an average of let's say 13 mph, that is 150 hours in the saddle).

Mediocre and proud of it!

3. escii_32

escii_32 New Member

Hmm,

How many people have been hit underneath a sign that says LOOK BOTH WAYS FOR BICYCLES. Frick it would be the uninsured mexican cleaning lady. Sigh Taco'd rim.

4. beerbecue

beerbecue New Member

Same situation here, Athens, GA...... A lot of pickup trucks and folks who think cyclists are no different than an animal on the road.... That and everyone speeds at least 10 miles over the posted limit... You have to hug that line, or get killed....