I'm being seduced and I need your help

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Gadget, Jun 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tim Hall

Tim Hall Guest

On Tue, 03 Jun 2003 14:11:16 +0100, Colin Blackburn <[email protected]> wrote:

>Alan Braggins wrote:
    >> Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
    >>
    >>>On Sun, 1 Jun 2003 20:50:14 +0100, "Gadget" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>I would keep my upright for the trails and, if I do decide to get a bent, use it on the road.
    >>>>I'm looking to spend no more than £400 and if possible even less.
    >>>
    >>>That rules out new 'bents.
    >>
    >>
    >> http://www.dutchbikes.nl/uk.htm is only 433 Euro. But it's a kit, and needs a donor upright to
    >> provide parts (including the rear triangle).
    >
    >Oooh. I'm seriously tempted now I have a nice big workshop to lose all the bits in. Anyone here
    >given it a go?

Seems very sheddi. "What else do you need: Blah blah blah and Tin of Hammerite."

I want one.

Tim
    --
    I understand very little of what's being discussed but for some reason it's fascinating.

(Jon Thompson, urs)

2. Tim Hall wrote:
    > On Tue, 03 Jun 2003 14:11:16 +0100, Colin Blackburn <[email protected]> wrote:

>>Oooh. I'm seriously tempted now I have a nice big workshop to lose all the bits in. Anyone here
    >>given it a go?
    >
    >
    >
    > Seems very sheddi. "What else do you need: Blah blah blah and Tin of Hammerite."
    >
    >
    > I want one.

I'm going to give it a go as a summer project if they can deliver in time. I have an old hybrid I
    don't use anymore and it has reasonably decent componentry. My only thought was whether a 26" wheel
    would be preferable to a 700c back wheel, my hybrid is 700c. I could hatchet up a crap mountain bike
    but the transmission on that is crap and I'd end up buying more bits as well.

Colin

3. Dave Kahn

Dave Kahn Guest

Tim Hall <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

> Seems very sheddi. "What else do you need: Blah blah blah and Tin of Hammerite."

I also feel severely tempted, especially as I may be "resting" for a while in a couple of weeks. :)

--
    Dave...

4. Gadget

Gadget Guest

> > Seems very sheddi. "What else do you need: Blah blah blah and Tin of Hammerite."
    >
    > I also feel severely tempted, especially as I may be "resting" for a while in a couple of
    > weeks. :)

I'm tempted as well, I have access to a local scrapyard which has been known to have old bikes
    stacked miles high in one corner.

Gadget

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.