I'm being seduced and I need your help

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Gadget, Jun 1, 2003.

  1. Tim Hall

    Tim Hall Guest

    On Tue, 03 Jun 2003 14:11:16 +0100, Colin Blackburn <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Alan Braggins wrote:
    >> Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

    >>>That rules out new 'bents.
    >>

    >> http://www.dutchbikes.nl/uk.htm is only 433 Euro. But it's a kit, and needs a donor upright to
    >> provide parts (including the rear triangle).
    >
    >Oooh. I'm seriously tempted now I have a nice big workshop to lose all the bits in. Anyone here
    >given it a go?

    Seems very sheddi. "What else do you need: Blah blah blah and Tin of Hammerite."

    I want one.

    Tim
    --
    I understand very little of what's being discussed but for some reason it's fascinating.

    (Jon Thompson, urs)

  2. Tim Hall wrote:
    > On Tue, 03 Jun 2003 14:11:16 +0100, Colin Blackburn <[email protected]> wrote:

    >>Oooh. I'm seriously tempted now I have a nice big workshop to lose all the bits in. Anyone here
    >>given it a go?
    >

    > Seems very sheddi. "What else do you need: Blah blah blah and Tin of Hammerite."
    >

    > I want one.

    I'm going to give it a go as a summer project if they can deliver in time. I have an old hybrid I
    don't use anymore and it has reasonably decent componentry. My only thought was whether a 26" wheel
    would be preferable to a 700c back wheel, my hybrid is 700c. I could hatchet up a crap mountain bike
    but the transmission on that is crap and I'd end up buying more bits as well.

    Colin

  3. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    Tim Hall <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > Seems very sheddi. "What else do you need: Blah blah blah and Tin of Hammerite."

    I also feel severely tempted, especially as I may be "resting" for a while in a couple of weeks. :)

    --
    Dave...

  4. Gadget

    Gadget Guest

    > > Seems very sheddi. "What else do you need: Blah blah blah and Tin of Hammerite."
    >
    > I also feel severely tempted, especially as I may be "resting" for a while in a couple of
    > weeks. :)

    I'm tempted as well, I have access to a local scrapyard which has been known to have old bikes
    stacked miles high in one corner.

    Gadget