I'm bored......

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Clydedalemtb_in, Oct 5, 2003.

  1. Couldn't go SCUBA diving this weekend because of a head cold, so I volunteered for a O.T. detail
    yesterday..... Figured I'd get some miles in today. Checked the Memphis Hightailers ride schedule
    and found a ride leaving at 09:00 from a location only 1 mile from my room, great I don't even need
    to drive there! What do I awake to? RAIN!

    NOW what do I do? Both bikes are fully tuned, no tinkering available there. The OVLOV is running
    primo, no tinkering bneeded. (I could use to find some new rear seats at a bone-yard but they are
    all closed.) All my laundry is done and my uniforms are ironed and hung up for next week and the .40
    is sparkling clean. I've already masturbated myself raw..... I'm "serious", there is NOTHING to do!
    I'm almost ready to put on my uniform and go hang out at the pancake shop and drink free (lousy)
    coffee all day.

    SAVE ME, I just may go do something like take a detailing buffer to
    the Beer'Cross or even something really scary like shave my legs and
    private parts and watch video tapes of the Tour De France all day long!

    Tags:

  2. Raoul Deluxe

    Raoul Deluxe Guest

    "ClydedaleMTB_in_TN" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Couldn't go SCUBA diving this weekend because of a head cold, so I volunteered for a O.T. detail
    > yesterday..... Figured I'd get some miles in today. Checked the Memphis Hightailers ride schedule
    > and found a ride leaving at 09:00 from a location only 1 mile from my room, great I don't even
    > need to drive there! What do I awake to? RAIN!
    >
    > NOW what do I do? Both bikes are fully tuned, no tinkering available there. The OVLOV is running
    > primo, no tinkering bneeded. (I could use to find some new rear seats at a bone-yard but they are
    > all closed.) All my laundry is done and my uniforms are ironed and hung up for next week and the
    > .40 is sparkling clean. I've already masturbated myself raw..... I'm "serious", there is NOTHING
    > to do! I'm almost ready to put on my uniform and go hang out at the pancake shop and drink free
    > (lousy) coffee all day.
    >
    > SAVE ME, I just may go do something like take a detailing buffer to
    > the Beer'Cross or even something really scary like shave my legs and
    > private parts and watch video tapes of the Tour De France all day long!

    Surf some pron, or watch a game?

  3. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    "ClydedaleMTB_in_TN" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Couldn't go SCUBA diving this weekend because of a head cold, so I volunteered for a O.T. detail
    > yesterday..... Figured I'd get some miles in today. Checked the Memphis Hightailers ride schedule
    > and found a ride leaving at 09:00 from a location only 1 mile from my room, great I don't even
    > need to drive there! What do I awake to? RAIN!
    >
    > NOW what do I do? Both bikes are fully tuned, no tinkering available there. The OVLOV is running
    > primo, no tinkering bneeded. (I could use to find some new rear seats at a bone-yard but they are
    > all closed.) All my laundry is done and my uniforms are ironed and hung up for next week and the
    > .40 is sparkling clean. I've already masturbated myself raw..... I'm "serious", there is NOTHING
    > to do! I'm almost ready to put on my uniform and go hang out at the pancake shop and drink free
    > (lousy) coffee all day.
    >
    > SAVE ME, I just may go do something like take a detailing buffer to
    > the Beer'Cross or even something really scary like shave my legs and
    > private parts and watch video tapes of the Tour De France all day long!

    Got a road bike?

    Internet Backgammon?

    Bet on sports?

    Reveal TMI on internet newsgroup?

    {last resort} Read a book?

    Bill "exhausted of ideas" S.

  4. Penny S

    Penny S Guest

    Sorni scrawled in bright red lipstick:
    > "ClydedaleMTB_in_TN" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> Couldn't go SCUBA diving this weekend because of a head cold, so I volunteered for a O.T. detail
    >> yesterday..... Figured I'd get some miles in today. Checked the Memphis Hightailers ride schedule
    >> and found a ride leaving at 09:00 from a location only 1 mile from my room, great I don't even
    >> need to drive there! What do I awake to? RAIN!
    >>
    >> NOW what do I do? Both bikes are fully tuned, no tinkering available there. The OVLOV is running
    >> primo, no tinkering bneeded. (I could use to find some new rear seats at a bone-yard but they are
    >> all closed.) All my laundry is done and my uniforms are ironed and hung up for next week and the
    >> .40 is sparkling clean. I've already masturbated myself raw..... I'm "serious", there is NOTHING
    >> to do! I'm almost ready to put on my uniform and go hang out at the pancake shop and drink free
    >> (lousy) coffee all day.
    >>
    >> SAVE ME, I just may go do something like take a detailing buffer to the Beer'Cross or even
    >> something really scary like shave my legs and private parts and watch video tapes of the Tour
    >> De France all day long!
    >
    > Got a road bike?
    >
    > Internet Backgammon?
    >
    > Bet on sports?
    >
    > Reveal TMI on internet newsgroup?
    >
    > {last resort} Read a book?
    >
    > Bill "exhausted of ideas" S.

    Nap? Plan a vacation on line? ( this is what I am doing right now...) calisthenics? shopping?

    PS

  5. ireman_1

    ireman_1 New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2003
    So you can't ride in the rain? Seems better than staring at your gun (either of them) and waisting away. I don't know about you, but very few things help me unwind from a week of dealing with criminals (and their families, especially the families) than hitting a trail and abusing my body (euphemistically speaking of course), sliding around a bit, acting like I really do know how to ride. About the only options these days are the Heckler or the snowboard. Good luck fighting the bug.

    K.

  6. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    "ClydedaleMTB_in_TN"

    > I've already masturbated myself raw..... I'm "serious"

    Obviously not, otherwise you'd be taking a nap right now.

    Try again!
    --
    Slacker

  7. Kathleen

    Kathleen Guest

    ClydedaleMTB_in_TN wrote:

    > Couldn't go SCUBA diving this weekend because of a head cold, so I volunteered for a O.T. detail
    > yesterday..... Figured I'd get some miles in today. Checked the Memphis Hightailers ride schedule
    > and found a ride leaving at 09:00 from a location only 1 mile from my room, great I don't even
    > need to drive there! What do I awake to? RAIN!
    >
    > NOW what do I do? Both bikes are fully tuned, no tinkering available there. The OVLOV is running
    > primo, no tinkering bneeded. (I could use to find some new rear seats at a bone-yard but they are
    > all closed.) All my laundry is done and my uniforms are ironed and hung up for next week and the
    > .40 is sparkling clean. I've already masturbated myself raw..... I'm "serious", there is NOTHING
    > to do! I'm almost ready to put on my uniform and go hang out at the pancake shop and drink free
    > (lousy) coffee all day.
    >
    > SAVE ME, I just may go do something like take a detailing buffer to the Beer'Cross or even
    > something really scary like shave my legs and private parts and watch video tapes of the Tour De
    > France all day long!

    Re-Post from 1998:

    > So what do you do when you can't get out to ride? Often, the normal tendency is to maybe start
    > on some of the projects that need doing around the house. Resist this impulse; it sets a bad
    > precedent. Voluntarily relinquished recreational time may be difficult to reclaim later.
    > Instead, try:
    >
    > Reading: Go back and re-read some of your back issues of your favorite bike magazines. Funny how
    > they evolve over time, huh? Or go to the library and check out an armload of science fiction.
    >
    > Writing: Catch up on your correspondence. Send a letter to your Grandma, or write about a favorite
    > ride for the newsgroup.
    >
    > Work on your bike. Give it a bath and a tuneup.
    >
    > Feed your dog peanut butter. Creamy style works best, but the crunchy type will do in a pinch.
    > Scoop a heaping tablespoon of peanut butter from the jar. Offer it to the dog; when he opens his
    > mouth, pop the spoon inside and scrape the peanut butter off the spoon onto the roof of his mouth
    > and the back of his front teeth. (I've done this a million times to Connor; he knows what's coming
    > when he sees the spoon, and he still goes for it, because he's such a pig for peanut butter.)
    >
    > Build a plastic anatomical model with your daughter...."Look, if we hook the colon directly to the
    > brain, we've got a mikey model." "Mom! I want a normal human!"
    >
    > Create your own laser show. Put your favorite album on the stereo (anything by Pink Floyd works
    > great). Turn off all the household lights, and turn overhead ceiling fan on slow. Aim a laser at
    > the shiney brass fittings and crystal light fixture below. I used an industrial sighting laser,
    > but I'll bet one of those laser pointers would work as well. Don't point either straight into
    > anybody's eyes.
    >
    > Abuse office equipment and/or computer peripherals. Copy or scan unusual objects not meant to go
    > on the platen glass (oh, like you never did!). Create large binary files.
    >
    > Spam your sister with the large binary files created above. Pay her back for all the AOL chain
    > letters she insists on forwarding with 14 pages worth of untrimmed headers. Bonus points for
    > sending said large binary files encoded, so she has no idea what to do with them, thereby forcing
    > her to learn how to use WinZip.
    >
    > Make fudge. None of this marshmallow and chocolate chip stuff, either; go for the real thing.
    >
    > Watch Mystery Science Theater 3000. Eat the fudge.
    >
    > Take off your dog's collar and give his neck a good scratching. (Connor's favorite, included out
    > of fairness for the peanut butter thing)
    >
    > Paint your son's nails Bass Boat Blue. Double points for this if it causes his father to worry
    > about gender identity confusion.

    Kathleen

  8. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    > Couldn't go SCUBA diving this weekend because of a head cold, so I volunteered for a O.T. detail
    > yesterday..... Figured I'd get some miles in today. Checked the Memphis Hightailers ride schedule
    > and found a ride leaving at 09:00 from a location only 1 mile from my room, great I don't even
    > need to drive there! What do I awake to? RAIN!

    That's how it works sometimes. You anticipated to hard, and that Murphy fellow has been
    watching you!

    > NOW what do I do? Both bikes are fully tuned, no tinkering available there.

    Heresy!

    The OVLOV is running primo, no tinkering bneeded. (I could use
    > to find some new rear seats at a bone-yard but they are all closed.)

    Doesn't that just suck!!

    > All my laundry is done and my uniforms are ironed and hung up for next week and the .40 is
    > sparkling clean. I've already masturbated myself raw..... I'm "serious", there is NOTHING to do!

    oww! Please don't mention the gleaming .40 and masturbation in the same sentence. That IS SCARY!;-)

    I'm almost ready to
    > put on my uniform and go hang out at the pancake shop and drink free (lousy) coffee all day.

    Don't do it! Don't perpetuate any sterotypes on a count of boredom!!

    > SAVE ME, I just may go do something like take a detailing buffer to the Beer'Cross or even
    > something really scary like shave my legs and private parts and watch video tapes of the Tour De
    > France all day long!

    Um, I'm sorry. But that is just wrong!! Any sort of indoor exercizing to be had? But your probably
    burnt on traditional methods about now huh? See, now is when I personally would get the ol'
    headphones out, hook up the little Zoom box, and plug in the Les Paul for a few solid hours of
    HEADBANGING.....

    But that hasen't happened in a while...kids would rather I plug into the amp :)

    Dave (or play a little Downhill Domination on the playstation 2 ;-)

  9. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

> [...]
    >>
    >> Abuse office equipment and/or computer peripherals. Copy or scan unusual objects not meant to go
    >> on the platen glass (oh, like you never did!). Create large binary files.
    >>
    >> Spam your sister with the large binary files created above. Pay her back for all the AOL chain
    >> letters she insists on forwarding with 14 pages worth of untrimmed headers. Bonus points for
    >> sending said large binary files encoded, so she has no idea what to do with them, thereby forcing
    >> her to learn how to use WinZip.
    >>
    >> Make fudge. None of this marshmallow and chocolate chip stuff, either; go for the real thing.
    >>
    >> Watch Mystery Science Theater 3000. Eat the fudge.
    >>
    >> Take off your dog's collar and give his neck a good scratching. (Connor's favorite, included out
    >> of fairness for the peanut butter thing)
    >>
    >> Paint your son's nails Bass Boat Blue. Double points for this if it causes his father to worry

    Excellent ideas!! Bet your fun at parties.

    Dave (except the sons finger nails part of course.)

  10. Penny S wrote:
    > Sorni scrawled in bright red lipstick:
    >
    >>"ClydedaleMTB_in_TN" wrote in message
    >>> SAVE ME, I just may go do something like take a detailing buffer to the Beer'Cross or even
    >>> something really scary like shave my legs and private parts and watch video tapes of the Tour
    >>> De France all day long!
    >>
    >>Got a road bike?

    Had a break in the rain..... just got back from a 12 mile solo ride. Managed to find an out of state
    motorist stranded out on Perkins Ave w/ a dead fuel pump, wasted and hour with him getting a wrecker
    out there for him.

    >>Internet Backgammon?

    boring

    >>Bet on sports?

    nope

    >>Reveal TMI on internet newsgroup?

    always!

    > Nap?

    I like the nap idea!

    > Plan a vacation on line? ( this is what I am doing right now...)

    Already driving to FL next weekend to go diving.

    > calisthenics?

    I et enough of that at work, chasing down evil-do'ers

    > shopping?

    Just spent a half hour shopping for two new tires for the OVLOV... Got a hole in the sidewall last
    night, pissed me right the fsck off,since I got 4 brand new Falken's right before I left NH, and
    they only have 20K on them.... so that means I have to buy _2_ to keep them matched......ohh well I
    needed a full sized spare anyways.

    Ohh well time to cook and eat my second breakfast.

  11. Penny S

    Penny S Guest

    ClydedaleMTB_in_TN scrawled in bright red lipstick:

    >> Plan a vacation on line? ( this is what I am doing right now...)
    >
    > Already driving to FL next weekend to go diving.

    the heck with that, google diving Bonaire,Cozumel, Belize, cenote diving.... .

  12. Bb

    Bb Guest

    On Sun, 05 Oct 2003 07:46:43 -0500, ClydedaleMTB_in_TN wrote:

    What do I awake to? RAIN!

    Oh quitcher bitchin. No sympathy here. This is probably the last few dry days we'll have until next
    May - rain is supposed to start tomorrow and there's no end to it in the long-term forecast. Yet,
    last Friday I hit my knee on the corner of the desk - should have just been a little bruise, but for
    some unexplainable reason I've barely been able to walk for the last two days and riding is out of
    the question. I think it set off an old knee injury. Very wierd.

    So *I* get to sit here look out at dry 60-degree days, knowing it'll end just about the time
    this heals.

  13. ireman_1 wrote:

    > So you can't ride in the rain?

    On the road, yes....... On the trails, no. But seing as how I'm getting over a head-cold and NEED to
    go diving next weekend(last weekend off for 3 months)I really should not be out in the rain.

  14. Penny S

    Penny S Guest

    ClydedaleMTB_in_TN scrawled in bright red lipstick:
    > ireman_1 wrote:
    >
    >> So you can't ride in the rain?
    >
    > On the road, yes....... On the trails, no. But seing as how I'm getting over a head-cold and NEED
    > to go diving next weekend(last weekend off for 3 months)I really should not be out in the rain.

    we do our OW certification dive in the Hood Canal (puget sound) in november, full wetsuit
    conditions.

    mexico, here we come ( may)

    Penny

  15. ireman_1

    ireman_1 New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2003
    Mexico in May sounds quite alright. Hell Mexico in any month sounds fine I suppose. Being up there in WA you know what I mean when I say if I didn't ride in the rain I'd only have 4 months a year to ride the trails (I'm the Willamette Valley, OR). Enjoy thyself and starve that cold or is it starve a fever or...

    K.

  16. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    >Enjoy thyself and starve that cold or is it starve a fever or...
    >
    > K.

    I don't think Clyde knows the meaning of "starve."
    --
    Slacker

  17. ireman_1

    ireman_1 New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2003
    I tend to "lean" (catch the irony) towards the clydesdale side of things myself. We'll see if ole' Doc Atkins can deliver the goods though. I've dropped a bit over 30lbs in 9 weeks. Hang in there Clyde and stay away from the pancakes!

    K.

  18. Penny S

    Penny S Guest

    ireman_1 scrawled in bright red lipstick:
    > Penny S wrote:
    > > ClydedaleMTB_in_TN scrawled in bright red lipstick:

    > > > On the road, yes....... On the trails, no. But seing as how I'm getting over a head-cold and
    > > > NEED to go diving next weekend(last weekend off for 3 months)I really should not be out in
    > > > the rain.
    > > we do our OW certification dive in the Hood Canal (puget sound) in november, full wetsuit
    > > conditions. mexico, here we come ( may) Penny
    >
    > Mexico in May sounds quite alright. Hell Mexico in any month sounds fine I suppose. Being up there
    > in WA you know what I mean when I say if I didn't ride in the rain I'd only have 4 months a year
    > to ride the trails (I'm the Willamette Valley, OR). Enjoy thyself and starve that cold or is it
    > starve a fever or...

    bzzt... I"m on the dry side. when the trails get frozen or there's snow on the ground, I strap on my
    skis. Clyde's the one with the cold... I've been chugging an immunity formula so as to not get the
    one going around my house. As for rain, we've had the dryest season in a very very long time ( wa/id
    border is where I am)

    Penny

  19. 2trax

    2trax Guest

    On Sun, 05 Oct 2003 09:15:19 -0700, Penny S wrote:

    > ClydedaleMTB_in_TN scrawled in bright red lipstick:
    >> >
    >>> Plan a vacation on line? ( this is what I am doing right now...)
    >>
    >> Already driving to FL next weekend to go diving.
    >
    > the heck with that, google diving Bonaire,Cozumel, Belize, cenote diving.... .
    ... sipidan, palawan, truk etc. the list goes on!

    Sam, not been diving since Feb...

  20. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    "ClydedaleMTB_in_TN" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Couldn't go SCUBA diving this weekend because of a head cold, so I volunteered for a O.T. detail
    > yesterday..... Figured I'd get some miles in today. Checked the Memphis Hightailers ride schedule
    > and found a ride leaving at 09:00 from a location only 1 mile from my room, great I don't even
    > need to drive there! What do I awake to? RAIN!
    >
    > NOW what do I do? Both bikes are fully tuned, no tinkering available there. The OVLOV is running
    > primo, no tinkering bneeded. (I could use to find some new rear seats at a bone-yard but they are
    > all closed.) All my laundry is done and my uniforms are ironed and hung up for next week and the
    > .40 is sparkling clean. I've already masturbated myself raw..... I'm "serious", there is NOTHING
    > to do! I'm almost ready to put on my uniform and go hang out at the pancake shop and drink free
    > (lousy) coffee all day.
    >
    > SAVE ME, I just may go do something like take a detailing buffer to
    > the Beer'Cross or even something really scary like shave my legs and
    > private parts and watch video tapes of the Tour De France all day long!

    Dude, like, make a bong or something already............

    Shaun aRe