i'm buying a mercian (so welcome me to the fray!)

canali

New Member
Jul 31, 2003
Man, you name it, but I checked out marinoni (cdn maker)
mariposa, trek, cannondale, thorn/thron (?), bianchi, trek,
vanilla, cherry, richard sachs, bruce gordon, rivendell, waterford, gunnar, heron, etc etc etc until my eyes hurt and my brain got numb....even a great japanese designer in california (sorry, forgot name)....

Just can't beat Mercian for the value ...i'm gonna' order
a vincitore and have it 'tweaked' a bit (shorten front rake
or rear chain stay 1 cm or so) so it's a quicker ride unloaded
(but can also takes loads for tours).

Kai at Momovelo in California was great to deal with and its SUCH a relief to finally have this over with.....

So, all you mercian riders, please welcome me to the fray and let me (READ: reassure me) that I made a good decision.

Cheers,
joe collins
[email protected]
Vancouver (Olympics 2010) BC
Canada

On 10 Oct 2003 08:51:40 +0950, canali <[email protected]> wrote:

>Man, you name it, but I checked out marinoni (cdn maker) mariposa, trek, cannondale, thorn/thron
>(?), bianchi, trek, vanilla, cherry, richard sachs, bruce gordon, rivendell, waterford, gunnar,
>heron, etc etc etc until my eyes hurt and my brain got numb....even a great japanese designer in
>california (sorry, forgot name)....
>
>Just can't beat Mercian for the value ...i'm gonna' order a vincitore and have it 'tweaked' a bit
>(shorten front rake or rear chain stay 1 cm or so) so it's a quicker ride unloaded (but can also
>takes loads for tours).
>
>Kai at Momovelo in California was great to deal with and its SUCH a relief to finally have this
>over with.....
>
>So, all you mercian riders, please welcome me to the fray and let me (READ: reassure me) that I
>made a good decision.
>
>Cheers, joe collins [email protected] Vancouver (Olympics
>2010) BC Canada

I live about a mile from the Mercian shop. Never owned one myself but they seem a good bunch in
store.... always happy to chat bikes and offer advice. They also have some very handsome looking
bikes over which to drool. Hope you're happy with yours when it arrives.

My only complaint about Mercian is their website, they clearly don't spend any time on it, I think
they put it up one day and then just forgot about it. Their online Campag range is still 2001 stuff
with prices to match *shrug*

Funny how you mentioned Mercian upgrading their website: i just received an email from them today indicating over the next wk a revised/updated website will be up and running.

joe

Originally posted by Call Me Bob

canali wrote:
> Man, you name it, but I checked out marinoni (cdn maker) mariposa, trek, cannondale, thorn/thron
> (?), bianchi, trek, vanilla, cherry, richard sachs, bruce gordon, rivendell, waterford, gunnar,
> heron, etc etc etc until my eyes hurt and my brain got numb....even a great japanese designer in
> california (sorry, forgot name)....
>
> Just can't beat Mercian for the value ...i'm gonna' order a vincitore and have it 'tweaked' a bit
> (shorten front rake or rear chain stay 1 cm or so) so it's a quicker ride unloaded (but can also
> takes loads for tours).
>
> Kai at Momovelo in California was great to deal with and its SUCH a relief to finally have this
> over with.....
>
> So, all you mercian riders, please welcome me to the fray and let me (READ: reassure me) that I
> made a good decision.
>
> Cheers, joe collins [email protected] Vancouver (Olympics
> 2010) BC Canada

I've got two of their Tandems. v pleased

--
Pete

interchange 12 for 21 to reply

> I live about a mile from the Mercian shop. Never owned one myself but they seem a good bunch in
> store.... always happy to chat bikes and offer advice. They also have some very handsome looking
> bikes over which to drool. Hope you're happy with yours when it arrives.

Hmmm....I'm a foreigner - I live 5 miles away from the shop - so they treat me differently. I agree
about the bikes - good machines, and I would consider one if my bike got nicked - but the staff tend
to ignore customers with non-optimal cycling shapes (e.g. Me!), and head straight for the people in
lycra and/or bibshorts. I'd buy a bike from them despite the staff, rather than because of.

Regards,

Pete. Derby.

canali wrote:

> So, all you mercian riders, please welcome me to the fray and let me (READ: reassure me) that I
> made a good decision.

Hallelujah - Mercian responded to my e-mail about a respray within an hour this morning, so they get
the job (two frames, should be worth their while). Bob Jackson's website is very broken indeed and
the phone was engaged, and M Steel didn't respond to e-mail either.

Roger

In article <[email protected]>, Zog The Undeniable wrote:
> canali wrote:
>
>> So, all you mercian riders, please welcome me to the fray and let me (READ: reassure me) that I
>> made a good decision.
>
> Hallelujah - Mercian responded to my e-mail about a respray within an hour this morning, so they
> get the job (two frames, should be worth their while). Bob Jackson's website is very broken indeed
> and the phone was engaged, and M Steel didn't respond to e-mail either.
>
> Roger

I've had a Mercian frame for many years which is fine. In the last few months I got them to
refurbish and respray my Wester Ross frame and they did a good job and were very helpful generally.
I'd certainly use them again.

AC

--
<<|