IM Germany?

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Casey Fannin, Nov 16, 2003.

  1. Casey Fannin

    Casey Fannin Guest

    I'm looking for anyone who might have done Opel IM Germany in the last2 years for some info on
    the course and specifics of the area. If you have, and have a moment please e-mail me with
    regards to the race!

    Thanks, Casey

    Tags:

  2. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 08:44:24 -0600, "Casey Fannin" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I'm looking for anyone who might have done Opel IM Germany in the last2 years for some info on the
    >course and specifics of the area. If you have, and have a moment please e-mail me with regards to
    >the race!
    >
    > Thanks, Casey

    Casey, I have watched the race the past two years and will compete this next year. Here is what you
    should expect.

    Swim: The entry into the water is a good 400 meters from the start of the swim..so report early and
    make sure you are not swimming like a crazy person to get to the start on time (like I have seen the
    past 2 years) The swim is in an old quarry..water tems are nice. 2 loops, calm water no problems.
    The big problem is the exit to T1. You have a long up-hill run and perhaps 800 meters after that.

    Bike. 2 loops of a rather flat, not too windy, and scenic course. there are three hills to climb.(on
    each loop) 6 total) .each rather short and not too much to concern yourself with. The hardest climb
    is also on cobblestone..but there are about 1000 people screaming at you to keep you going.

    Run. 3 loops in the city of Frankfurt along the river. Again, no hill to speak of..but you do
    need to cross the river 3 times and so your cross the bridge 6 times..this bridge does get bigger
    each time!

    The hardest part of this course the last 2 years has been the temperature. Very Hot and very little
    shade. (perhaps why Peter Reid used this race as a tune-up for Hawaii??) Make sure you are getting
    some work-outs in hot temps and direct sun..be sure to hydrate all day at the race (this race does
    not use gator-aid..they use Iso-star..so you should train with that).

    The best part of this race is without doubt the spectator and volunteer support..excellent.

    What do you mean about the specifics of the area? I have live here for three years...

    If I can be of anymore help please ask.. But, do not use this e-mail address...I never check it and
    just dump the messages. Please repost to the group.

    have fun training and perhaps see you on the 11th!

    Andy

  3. "Casey Fannin" <[email protected]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'm looking for anyone who might have done Opel IM Germany in the last2 years for some info on the
    > course and specifics of the area. If you have, and have a moment please e-mail me with regards to
    > the race!
    >
    > Thanks, Casey

    hello casey, i'm the former director of media and pr for this event in 2002. it is a quite fast and
    very well organized event with a lot of crowds out there. last year i did it on my own "just for
    fun". if you have any further question pick a email from my sites and send me an email.

    my race: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.3athlon.org/news/2003/07/14-
    07_oimg_kaihawaii_talks.php

    http://www.3athlon.de/news/2003/07/1407_oimg_kaihawaii_talks.php

    --
    kind regards kai baumgartner [ valid and working email address can be found here: www.3athlon.de or
    www.lightweight-premium-dealer.com ]

  4. "andrew" <[email protected]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 08:44:24 -0600, "Casey Fannin" <[email protected]> wrote:

    SNAIP
    > Casey, I have watched the race the past two years and will compete this next year. Here is what
    > you should expect.
    SNAIP

    > The hardest part of this course the last 2 years has been the temperature. Very Hot and very
    > little shade. (perhaps why Peter Reid used this race as a tune-up for Hawaii??) Make sure you are
    > getting some work-outs in hot temps and direct sun..be sure to hydrate all day at the race (this
    > race does not use gator-aid..they use Iso-star..so you should train with that).

    hi, IMG is using water, powerbar hydroplus, coca cola, redbull, etc. food: powerbar classic,
    powergel and fruits, etc.

    --
    kind regards kai baumgartner [ valid email addresses for reply can be found here: www.3athlon.de &
    www.lightweight-premium-dealer.com ]