I'm going for a bike ride to celebrate...

George F. Johns

Guest
...the defeat in the Senate of a proposal to allow drilling in ANWR. But I know ANWR will never be
safe as long as the moron is in the Whitehouse, even though he will soon have Iraq. It's not just
about the oil, it's about defeating the environmentalists.

George F. Johnson

>..the defeat in the Senate of a proposal to allow drilling in ANWR. But I know ANWR will never be
>safe as long as the moron is in the Whitehouse, even though he will soon have Iraq

So you morons would rather have $2.00 gallon gas and be at the mercy of towelheads when all that oil
is ours just waiting to be drilled. The impact of pipelines/drilling is minimal. Wildlife will adapt
to the equipment and continue to flourish. Look at deer in the suburbs. No endangerment at all. Plus
its Alaska and no one lives there anyway.

[email protected] (Jkpoulos7) wrote in news:[email protected]:
> So you morons would rather have $2.00 gallon gas and be at the mercy of towelheads when all that
> oil is ours just waiting to be drilled

Bicycles don't need much gas.

> The impact of pipelines/drilling is minimal. Wildlife will adapt to the equipment and continue to
> flourish. Look at deer in the suburbs. No endangerment at all. Plus its Alaska and no one lives
> there anyway.

THe wilderness isn't only for humans. Deer in the suburbs eat fruit trees and garbage. That's not
the kind of "adapting" I want to see.

"Laura Bush" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] (Jkpoulos7) wrote in news:[email protected]:
> > So you morons would rather have $2.00 gallon gas and be at the mercy of towelheads when all that
> > oil is ours just waiting to be drilled
>
> Bicycles don't need much gas.

No, but how many of us live next to a trailhead for mtn biking, or just down the street from the
next criterium you are going to do, or near the park you ride in, or... My point is that most of us
take our bikes somewhere to go ride rather than just jump out the front door and go. Takes gas to
get there, don't it?

I'd rather see the US self-supporting when it comes to things like oil, but if we can cut down on
its use at the same time, we may not have to go drilling in Alaska. Bring on the full size hybrids!
I wouldn't mind having a Tahoe hybrid, or a pickup hybrid, but these little bitty cars don't do it
for me. I heard that Ford is bringing out an Escape hybrid. I would seriously consider one of those
for the kind of driving I do. 40+mpg out of an SUV, now we're talking.

Mike

"Mike S." <mikeshaw2@coxDOTnet> wrote in news:[email protected]:
> No, but how many of us live next to a trailhead for mtn biking, or just down the street from the
> next criterium you are going to do, or near the park you ride in, or... My point is that most of
> us take our bikes somewhere to go ride rather than just jump out the front door and go.

Perhaps some people usually drive before they can bike. I disagree that most people do this. Many
people bike to work instead of driving. Even more find interesting bike routes starting from
their homes.

>> Bicycles don't need much gas.

>No, but how many of us live next to a trailhead for mtn biking, or just down the street from the
>next criterium you are going to do, or near the park you ride in, or... My point is that most of us
>take our bikes somewhere to go ride rather than just jump out the front door and go.

Don't know, most may, I don't.

>Takes gas to get there, don't it?

Nope.

the Texas Elvis"------------------

"Jkpoulos7" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >..the defeat in the Senate of a proposal to allow drilling in ANWR. But
> >know ANWR will never be safe as long as the moron is in the Whitehouse,
even
> >though he will soon have Iraq
>
> So you morons would rather have $2.00 gallon gas and be at the mercy of towelheads

Why racism seems acceptable to those who are is bizarre.

> when all that oil is ours just waiting to be drilled.

I was under the impression there is only about four years worth of oil there based on our current
consuption (which on top of that, is constantly rising).

> The impact of pipelines/drilling is minimal. Wildlife will adapt to the equipment and continue to
> flourish. Look at deer in the suburbs. No endangerment at
all. Plus
> its Alaska and no one lives there anyway.

"Jkpoulos7" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> So you morons would rather have $2.00 gallon gas and be at the mercy of towelheads

I pay about $5/gallon. most of the extra goes into taxation. It does mean that everyone drives
reasonably sized vehicles that don't use much petrol

If world oil prices go up it won't affect us in terms of personal transport, at the worse the
government could cut taxes on road fuel. Its strategically quite useful for a population to be able
to get around without V8s.

>when all that oil is ours just waiting to be drilled.

Ho ho very amusing.

In article <[email protected]>, Jkpoulos7 <[email protected]> wrote:

>So you morons would rather have $2.00 gallon gas and be at the mercy of

Why is it that 'we' get more upset at rising gas prices than we do at rising wheat prices?

LITTLE KNOWN FACT: Did you know that 90% of North Americans cannot taste the difference between
fried dog and fried cat?

[email protected] (Jkpoulos7) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> >..the defeat in the Senate of a proposal to allow drilling in ANWR. But I know ANWR will never be
> >safe as long as the moron is in the Whitehouse, even though he will soon have Iraq
>
> So you morons would rather have $2.00 gallon gas and be at the mercy of towelheads when all that
> oil is ours just waiting to be drilled.
The impact of
> pipelines/drilling is minimal. Wildlife will adapt to the equipment and continue to flourish. Look
> at deer in the suburbs. No endangerment at all. Plus its Alaska and no one lives there anyway.

YOU are the moron. $2 - $3 a gallon will most strongly affect shitheads who drive those big POS
suv's (I'd wager you drive one). I laugh my ass off every time they show one of you dumbshits on the
news filling up your SUV and complaining about gas prices. "Wahhhh, my suv gets 12 miles to the
gallon and now it costs me $50 to fill it up every four days! Waaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!"

At least the Senate Republicans (or three of them) have the balls to realize the truth of the
matter: further exploration with no attempts at conservation is wrong. I think they should drill on
YOUR property, after all, no intelligent life lives there.

Kisses,

App

In article <[email protected]>, Jkpoulos7 <[email protected]> wrote:
>>..the defeat in the Senate of a proposal to allow drilling in ANWR. But I know ANWR will never be
>>safe as long as the moron is in the Whitehouse, even though he will soon have Iraq
>
>So you morons would rather have $2.00 gallon gas and be at the mercy of towelheads when all that
>oil is ours just waiting to be drilled.

Why is it that the oil companies insisted on changing the law so that oil from Alaska can be
exported? I didn't hear much xenophobic protest over that! We were promised when the Alaskan
pipeline was developed (along with Prudhoe bay) that this oil was going to be for Americans. Did we
have too much oil? [ok, 'way more than I need to run my bike]

Raising CAFE standards will do far more to lower the price of gas.

> The impact of pipelines/drilling is minimal. Wildlife will adapt to the equipment and continue to
> flourish. Look at deer in the suburbs. No endangerment at all. Plus its Alaska and no one lives
> there anyway.

Caribou (which aren't deer) need free access to the waterfront area that has been targeted by
the oil companies. Without being able to flee into the water, they are at the mercy of the
Alaskan mosquitos and other biting insects -- they can lose over a quart of blood a day. Tough
on the calves!

Remember how a gov't employee had posted a map showing what a bad effect this development would have
on the caribou -- and how this was yanked from public viewing?

-f
--

The only proven links between Al Qaeda and Iraq are the letter Q and a shared genetic heritage.

Did you read about the poll that showed that the American public has been so brain-washed by the
administration that most of them believe the Iraqis were directly behind 9/11? What a bunch of
non-thinking sheep.

And I think we already got all but one of the "no good arabs who killed thousands of
Americans on 9/11".

BTW, do you know which administration's help was key in Saddam's rise to stardom as an international
bad boy? Here's a clue: we had twelve years of their ********.

App

Frank Miles wrote:

> Raising CAFE standards will do far more to lower the price of gas.

Allowing gas prices to rise would do more for fuel economy and air quality than CAFE standards could
ever hope to.

Matt O.

Mike S. wrote:

> No, but how many of us live next to a trailhead for mtn biking, or just down the street from the
> next criterium you are going to do, or near the park you ride in, or... My point is that most of
> us take our bikes somewhere to go ride rather than just jump out the front door and go. Takes gas
> to get there, don't it?

Only because the suburban-sprawl real estate development that keeps us dependent on our cars is
subsidized by cheap gas.

> I'd rather see the US self-supporting when it comes to things like oil, but if we can cut down on
> its use at the same time, we may not have to go drilling in Alaska. Bring on the full size
> hybrids! I wouldn't mind having a Tahoe hybrid, or a pickup hybrid, but these little bitty cars
> don't do it for me. I heard that Ford is bringing out an Escape hybrid. I would seriously consider
> one of those for the kind of driving I do. 40+mpg out of an SUV, now we're talking.

Some military Hummers have hybrid drivetrains that work very well. Mostly it's to allow them to
drive under electric power so as not to emit heat, making them visible to infrared optics and
heat-seeking missiles. Howver, the other benefits are there as well. The point is, if it works for a
huge military Hummer, it can work for your stupid Expedition or whatever.

In fact, hybrid drivetrains are even more beneficial to SUVs than other vehicles. SUVs with mileage
readings of 40 city, 25 hwy are very achieveable. There's no getting around an SUV's barn-door
aerodynamics at highway speeds, but there's a lot of efficiency to be gained elsewhere.

Matt O.

[email protected] (Appkiller) wrote:

>Did you read about the poll that showed that the American public has been so brain-washed by the
>administration that most of them believe the Iraqis were directly behind 9/11? What a bunch of
>non-thinking sheep.

Got a citation for that?

Not to say that people can't be gullible. I know people who thought Saddam didn't have banned
weapons (kinda blew that one by shooting them at Kuwait), and that "the inspections were working".

But I don't believe NEARLY 50% think Iraq had much of anything to do with 9/11 directly. I'm willing
to be wrong though, if you can show the source of your claim.

Matt O'Toole <[email protected]> wrote:

>Frank Miles wrote:
>
>> Raising CAFE standards will do far more to lower the price of gas.
>
>Allowing gas prices to rise would do more for fuel economy and air quality than CAFE standards
>could ever hope to.

It sure would. And raising CAFE standards forces the car makers to put a HUGE amount of money into
research and engineering to do so. I prefer the approach that's being taken with more of the
research money going into hydrogen fuel cell research. That's really the long-term answer (and it
will solve the crisis in the middle east by making them irrelevant again). ;-)

I am looking for an enclosed trailer to haul my bikes to various events. Does anyone have any
suggestions for one.

If anyone has one, lives in Southern Cal and wants to sell it, let me know.

Michael

Mark:

I can't turn find it - someone quoted this to me from the national news and I may have munged it
up. The only thing I can find is a poll that says that a large percentage of people polled (around
20%) believe that some or all of the hijackers were Iraqis. My wife claims the numbers were much
higher in a report she saw. I seem to have the facts wrong: a pot and kettle situation, I will
admit, with more than a little chagrin. But, hey, 20% is still pretty lame for a major detail for
such a major event.

There was one site I turned up that initially provided me with some amazing data but, well, you'll
just have to decide for yourself whether to believe it or not:

www.theassassinatedpress.com/adiodi3.htm

App

Mark Hickey <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (Appkiller) wrote:
>
> >Did you read about the poll that showed that the American public has been so brain-washed by the
> >administration that most of them believe the Iraqis were directly behind 9/11? What a bunch of
> >non-thinking sheep.
>
> Got a citation for that?
>
> Not to say that people can't be gullible. I know people who thought Saddam didn't have banned
> weapons (kinda blew that one by shooting them at Kuwait), and that "the inspections were working".
>
> But I don't believe NEARLY 50% think Iraq had much of anything to do with 9/11 directly. I'm
> willing to be wrong though, if you can show the source of your claim.
>
> Mark Hickey Habanero Cycles http://www.habcycles.com Home of the $695 ti frame

Bla-bla-bla, heard it all before; now go ride your bike.

Oh, and have a nice day... :)

--

Tp

Freedom is not free; Free men are not equal; Equal men are not free.