I'm hoping we didn't just lose a member

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by cydewaze, Nov 25, 2005.

1. wugga

wugga New Member

2. frasertri

frasertri New Member

I for one would volunteer help to that kid with his letter writing. Coming from him, it be a very compelling read for those legislators.....

3. jsirabella

jsirabella New Member

You have to be kidding...There is no way that can be true. Can you refer me to this information. I know a little about the legal system...I would be very surprised.

Thank you for the info...

4. meehs

meehs New Member

5. Mart

Mart New Member

Goodbye Boudreaux. Thanks for the advice.

I learned an awful lot from his posts.

I'm going for a ride now.

6. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

I thought I would bring this thread back to life just to remember that it has been two years.

7. ghostpedal

ghostpedal New Member

I can't believe it has been 2 years. It honestly seems like I was just reading this with that numb, can't believe it, feeling to my core. I am now getting that same sort of feeling by having it pointed out that this tragedy was 2 years ago. I pray for his family. I hope everyone who has read about this takes a few minutes to appreciate what they have, and be thankful.

8. Don Shipp

Don Shipp New Member

I still think about this whenever I see someone using a mobile whilst driving. That's probably about a couple of dozen times a week.

9. JohnO

JohnO New Member

Interesting, I was just thinking about Boudreaux the other day, and for the same reason.

10. fix

fix New Member

The January/February '08 issue of Bicycling Magazine has a pretty powerful article about the failure of law enforcement to protect cyclists' rights. The stories are about some cycling victims from wreckless motorists (drunk drivers, speeders, etc.). The article gives some pretty graphic descriptions of the horrible fatalities and the "life after" for the survivors. It also makes suggestions for local advocacy to change the mindsets of drivers and lawmakers, to consider cyclists' rights to the road. I recommend everyone give it a look. You can check it out online at http://www.bicycling.com/article/1,6610,s1-3-12-16637-1,00.html

I too share the sentiment of others on this thread. There still is a hollow feeling that lingers with me since I first heard of this tragedy. Maybe with more advocacy and and a stepped-up effort by all of us, tragedies like this can be eliminated.

11. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

I made a little progress in Tennessee earlier this year with a 3 foot passing law that I helped write. The bill was named for a cyclist that was killed here locally.
    I think we were the 8th state to institute such a law. It passed unamimously.
    Still, education and awareness is the key.

12. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

Bump
    3 years ago next week we lost a member of CF.

13. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

Bumping this thread so we don't forget.

14. tonyzackery

tonyzackery Well-Known Member

Man, always a downer to hear of these types of incidents. Nevertheless, we must hear about them in order to keep vigilant, but there's only so much we can do to protect ourselves against 3000lb+ objects travelling within inches/feet of us...

I won't mind if I'm taken out while doing something that I enjoy/love, I just hope the Grim Reaper comes from behind so I don't see him coming...

Sux to know of someone personally who was killed while riding...I knew a couple good guys who've been killed in the past several years around here - really sux/img/vbsmilies/smilies/frown.gif

RIP Boudreaux

15. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

I want to be 99 years old cyling and taken out by a beer truck. A well endowed 25 year old female cylist will witness the incident, stop, bend over me and try and revive me with mouth to mouth.

16. Eichers

Eichers New Member

^^^ you're dreamin, but ... /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

17. stevegreer

stevegreer Member

Thanks for bumping this thread Huskey. It is nice to know that there are those of us who will never forget the senseless loss of a fellow cyclist.

18. alla01

alla01 New Member

so sad...hope this won't happen again../img/vbsmilies/smilies/frown.gif