I'm hoping we didn't just lose a member

I have the taken the oppoertunity to post a message - from Cyclingforums - conveying our condolences to Jim's family on their terrible loss.

I would welcome any suggestions from members here - by way of remembering Jim and his contribution to this site.

Thanks

Limerickman

limerickman said:
I have the taken the oppoertunity to post a message - from Cyclingforums - conveying our condolences to Jim's family on their terrible loss.

I would welcome any suggestions from members here - by way of remembering Jim and his contribution to this site.

Thanks

Limerickman
I think this forum should be renamed in his honour and it would be nice to see some memorial on a cycle trail that he rode around Denver. I certainly would make the effort to go and visit it.

boudreaux, as we knew him, was an absolute legend with a great depth of knowledge and despite the gritty abrupt style of his messages, was basically spending his time helping others with good advice. He posted over five thousand messages on this site, over seventeen thousand as biker billy and over nine thousand as sydney. He loved riding and mucking around with bikes and loved talking about them, which pretty well describes us all. Did I read right that he had 18 complete bicycles?

I kept thinking this was some sort of twisted joke... no, I guess it isn't...

Aw, man. That blows. Really blows.

Boudreaux/Jim, I'll miss you. You were always respectful in our exchanges, but then again, I was always careful not to say stupid things. You kept me on my toes. Not many people get a thread on this forum devoted to them, and you've had three, plus a mention in the forum help. You made a difference.

Suggestions on a memorial? How about the Jim Price Cycling Equipment forum? I can't imagine anything more appropriate.

The article about the text messaging teen killing the Denver cyclist appeared on the internet a few days ago. I read it and of course thought how incredibly sad. I found out today the victim was Mr. B of this forum. My heartfelt condolences go out to his family. Such a senseless tragedy.

limerickman said:

Thanks

Limerickman

I just don't know what to say. I did offer my sympathy to Kimberlee and the rest of Jim's family on the thread that you're referring to Limerickman and I do so again here. Something like this certainly makes clear just how insignificant some of our petty squabbles here on Cyclingforums really are. One thing is certain, this forum will not be the same without boudreaux.

boudreaux said:
Hello, this is Jim's daughter Kimberlee. My dad picked up the hobby of cycling back in 1997 while in Houston. About 5 years ago (about a year after he retired and moved back to Denver) he really got into rebuilding and maintaining bikes. He had a freakish talent for retaining everything he read, especially things he loved. You should see the basement...bikes, parts, magazines and books everywhere. He had 18 completed bikes out in the garage...He was a bit of an obsessive personality, if he was going to do something he did it all the way, and never the easy way. And all this is in addition to his hunting and camping things as well. But cycling was the one thing he could do everyday, be it riding or working on his bikes.

Kimberlee
Kimberlee,
My condelences to you and your family. Bourdreaux (Jim) was an insiteful personality on this forum. He offered his assistance to many people, which is what this forum is all about. I'm sure he will not be forgotten but missed by many of use who use this site often. Cycling has always given me a great sense of enjoyment, I think he felt they same way and wanted to share this feeling with as many people he could.

Anyone who posts on a cycling forum has to have an interest in cycling. Jim only saw one way of doing things but he shared his experience and his interest in cycling in a huge way.

RIP Boudreaux.

I'm relatively new to the forum, but I enjoyed reading Boudreaux's posts very much. He kept people on their toes and definitely had an opinion worth hearing. He was one of the few who took the time to answer my novice-level questions, which I appreciated. It always seemed like behind the hard edge of his writing style was a man with some heart. I miss reading his posts already.

My deepest condolences to his family.

Nbfman
JAPAN

I don't often post to the forum unless I really need an answer. boudreaux was always one of the people that replied. He definately has my respect and will sorely be missed. You have given me timely and valuable advice which I am forever gratetful. I sometimes wonder about getting into an serious cycling accident and it will be my time. But at least it will be something that I enjoyed with a passion. I know Jim also had a passion for cycling and its community.

My deepest condolences to the Price family.

RIP and God Bless you Jim (boudreaux).

Wow. I feel sick. This is just so awful, I am very very sorry to hear of this terrible news Kimberlee. Boudreaux was such a valued member of this forum and I can tell you that I really looked forward to reading his remarks and various musings. I was actually just flaming away on another thread (horribly coincidentally related to this situation) and almost wrote "I wonder where B is during all of this" shortly before I read this post (because I knew he would undoubtedly be on my side - the right one). It's funny how you can grow to like and respect someone over a medium such as this without even really knowing them. Thank you for posting the links and the more personal side of his story, and I hope that if anything this raises awareness of cyclist rights. I know I speak for all of us in adding that I would like to support/contribute to honor our fallen friend in any way that I possibly can.

My sincere condolences.

Since I'm still a rookie cyclist I read this forum several times a day to learn as much as I can. In doing so, I got used to reading Boudreaux's informative yet sometimes antagonistic responses and I'm now saddened to hear of his passing although I never met him in person. His personality and knowledge will be missed greatly. I hope he is in a better place where he won't have to worry about senseless motor vehiclists running him down. God bless him and his family.

Here's a post I found on Bicycling Forums, where Boudreaux was known as Biker Billy. Thanks scvroadie........my sentiments as well.

Below is the Obit for BB, that way nobody else needs go register on another web site. Rest in peace BB, your advice and sarcasm will be truly missed. Thank God for archives, whenever we need some technical advice or we just miss Biker Billy we can still be touched by him.

James "Jim" R. Price

Elsewhere

Publication Date: 12/03/05

LITTLETON, COLO. - James "Jim" R. Price, 63, died Friday, Nov. 25, 2005.

Per his wishes, Jim was cremated and his ashes will be taken to his favorite hunting site of 25 years and the lake where as a family we went camping.

James "Jim" R. Price of Littleton, Colo., was taken from us on Nov. 25, 2005, at the age of 63. Jim was born Feb. 1, 1942, in Fairmont, W.Va., to James W. and Margaret Stealey Price. He grew up in Mannington, W.Va., where he graduated from Mannington High School in 1960. He went on to attend the University of West Virginia where he graduated with a Master's Degree in Geology in 1966. He married Shirley Garner that same year. His field took him to Utah, Colorado and Texas. He retired as a Senior Geologist at the age of 55 when he became a consultant.

Jim and Shirley retired to Colorado to actively pursue their hobbies of hiking, fishing, and camping. Jim also enjoyed hunting. His passion was cycling, including building and maintaining his extensive collection, in addition to helping others with theirs.

He was preceded in death by his father, James W. Price.

Survivors include his wife, Shirley; two daughters, Kimberlee (James) Stevens, Jessica Price; three grandchildren, Jansen, Kyra and Kelby; his 90-year-old mother, Margaret Stealey Price; a brother, Tom Price of Ohio; a sister, Janet Cain of West Virginia; nieces, nephews and many friends.

In lieu of flowers, the family suggests memorials be to Bicycle Colorado, Donor Alliance or a charity of choice.

We love you and will miss you sorely. Your wife, Shirley and daughters, Kimberlee and Jessica.

Amarillo Globe-News, Dec. 3, 2005

Click here to return to story:
http://www.amarillo.com/stories/120305/obi_obits7.shtml

© The Amarillo Globe-News Online

shokhead said:
We havent heard much about the kid.

I assume you're talking about the kid that was driving the car shokhead? There was a quick blurb on the radio last Thursday that (as was predicted earlier) the kid was being charged with a misdemeanor, and would face up to one year in prison. I think the charge was something like "Accidental Death by Motor Vehicle" but I can't remember the exact wording. That's all I've heard. Seems to me that the punishment definitely does not fit the crime in this case.

meehs said:
... Seems to me that the punishment definitely does not fit the crime in this case.
Not even close. Not when you consider the kid was screwing around text messaging somebody while driving a lethal 2,000 lb. machine.

I was saddened by the news of "sydney" - I only lurked over there occasionally, but to find out that sydney was Boudreaux has gutted me. I'd never met him, or even pm'd him but I always looked forward to reading his posts.
His passing has left a great hole in this and other forums.
He'll be sadly missed.
My deepest condolences to his family.
:( :(

Doctor Morbius said:
Not even close. Not when you consider the kid was screwing around text messaging somebody while driving a lethal 2,000 lb. machine.

No differenet then mom's in suv's on the cell turned around yelling at the kids while driving and if she hit him,she would get probation at best.

May God bless and keep you Boudreaux! I have been gone from Cyclingforums for quite some time now and when I came back, I came to realize the sad truth that you are no longer with us. What gives me some comfort is that no matter what the circumstances, you died doing what you loved best...cycling. I will miss you and our spirited conversations/debates and will miss you dearly, friend.... Runce Loh :(