I'm pooped

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Small Change, Mar 25, 2005.

  1. Small Change

    Small Change Guest

    Y'all recall I'm one of driving forces in the new local mountain bike club?

    Here's what-all is happening; (!!)
    The manager of the one state park wants our group rate all the trails in the
    park for mountain bikers. This is part of the inventory process for the
    master plan that will let us build more trails up there.

    Our club has been approved by the City as an Adopt a Park partner for the
    main recreational area that mountain bikers use. We are approved for clean
    up and seasonal trail maintenance. So with those permissions, we are having
    a trail maintenance workshop ( how to) run by our local IMBA rep, AND a
    trash
    clean up day.

    We are sponsoring the Trail Care Crew in August for a few days.

    We got the whole insurance/waiver thing together.

    I built a website.

    We've been hanging out at local races promoting the club.

    And to top it off, we just got permission from the city for building
    technical trail features at the Adopt a Park location. Only thing is, I need
    to find other people to spearhead this one, I'm getting maxed out here! I
    shouldn't think it would be too hard to find some folks who might like to
    build stuff legally. Or maybe, the stealth factor is part of the fun...?

    First official ride is tomorrow. Looks like rain.

    Penny

    Tags:

  2. Ride-A-Lot

    Ride-A-Lot Guest

    Small Change wrote:
    > Y'all recall I'm one of driving forces in the new local mountain bike club?
    >
    > Here's what-all is happening; (!!)
    > The manager of the one state park wants our group rate all the trails in the
    > park for mountain bikers. This is part of the inventory process for the
    > master plan that will let us build more trails up there.
    >
    > Our club has been approved by the City as an Adopt a Park partner for the
    > main recreational area that mountain bikers use. We are approved for clean
    > up and seasonal trail maintenance. So with those permissions, we are having
    > a trail maintenance workshop ( how to) run by our local IMBA rep, AND a
    > trash
    > clean up day.
    >
    > We are sponsoring the Trail Care Crew in August for a few days.
    >
    > We got the whole insurance/waiver thing together.
    >
    > I built a website.
    >
    > We've been hanging out at local races promoting the club.
    >
    > And to top it off, we just got permission from the city for building
    > technical trail features at the Adopt a Park location. Only thing is, I need
    > to find other people to spearhead this one, I'm getting maxed out here! I
    > shouldn't think it would be too hard to find some folks who might like to
    > build stuff legally. Or maybe, the stealth factor is part of the fun...?
    >
    > First official ride is tomorrow. Looks like rain.
    >
    > Penny

    Good stuff! Welcome to the club. There's no going back!

    --
    o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
    www.schnauzers.ws

  3. G Wood

    G Wood Guest

    Way to go! An inspiration to us all.

    Where's the club - or rather the park? Can out-of-towners (clubbers) use
    the trails ?

    Gary

    "Small Change" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Y'all recall I'm one of driving forces in the new local mountain bike

    club?

  4. Small Change

    Small Change Guest

    > Way to go! An inspiration to us all.
    >
    > Where's the club - or rather the park? Can out-of-towners (clubbers)
    > use the trails ?
    >
    > Gary

    It's just all our local Spokane stuff.
    The club is Fat Tire Trail Riders, our "adopt a park" is Camp Sekani which
    is part of a larger area of mixed ownership, called Beacon Hill.

    penny

  5. Slack

    Slack Guest

    Small Change wrote:
    > Y'all recall I'm one of driving forces in the new local mountain bike club?
    >
    > Here's what-all is happening; (!!)
    > The manager of the one state park wants our group rate all the trails in the
    > park for mountain bikers. This is part of the inventory process for the
    > master plan that will let us build more trails up there.
    >
    > Our club has been approved by the City as an Adopt a Park partner for the
    > main recreational area that mountain bikers use. We are approved for clean
    > up and seasonal trail maintenance. So with those permissions, we are having
    > a trail maintenance workshop ( how to) run by our local IMBA rep, AND a
    > trash
    > clean up day.
    >
    > We are sponsoring the Trail Care Crew in August for a few days.
    >
    > We got the whole insurance/waiver thing together.
    >
    > I built a website.
    >
    > We've been hanging out at local races promoting the club.
    >
    > And to top it off, we just got permission from the city for building
    > technical trail features at the Adopt a Park location. Only thing is, I need
    > to find other people to spearhead this one, I'm getting maxed out here! I
    > shouldn't think it would be too hard to find some folks who might like to
    > build stuff legally. Or maybe, the stealth factor is part of the fun...?
    >
    > First official ride is tomorrow. Looks like rain.
    >
    > Penny

    Awesome... you kick ass!
    --
    Slack :)

  6. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    Slack wrote:
    > Small Change wrote:
    >> Y'all recall I'm one of driving forces in the new local mountain
    >> bike club?
    >>
    >> Here's what-all is happening; (!!)
    >> The manager of the one state park wants our group rate all the
    >> trails in the park for mountain bikers. This is part of the
    >> inventory process for the master plan that will let us build more
    >> trails up there.
    >>
    >> Our club has been approved by the City as an Adopt a Park partner
    >> for the main recreational area that mountain bikers use. We are
    >> approved for clean up and seasonal trail maintenance. So with those
    >> permissions, we are having a trail maintenance workshop ( how to)
    >> run by our local IMBA rep, AND a trash
    >> clean up day.
    >>
    >> We are sponsoring the Trail Care Crew in August for a few days.
    >>
    >> We got the whole insurance/waiver thing together.
    >>
    >> I built a website.
    >>
    >> We've been hanging out at local races promoting the club.
    >>
    >> And to top it off, we just got permission from the city for building
    >> technical trail features at the Adopt a Park location. Only thing
    >> is, I need to find other people to spearhead this one, I'm getting
    >> maxed out here! I shouldn't think it would be too hard to find some
    >> folks who might like to build stuff legally. Or maybe, the stealth
    >> factor is part of the fun...?
    >>
    >> First official ride is tomorrow. Looks like rain.
    >>
    >> Penny
    >>

    > Awesome... you kick ass!

    It doesn't seem all that long ago that Penny was on here asking what bike to
    buy. ;^)

    Mike