"I'm probably the oldest athlete in an endurance speed sport."

Kent Bostick on Shaklee Products :

"I guess I'm living proof of the possibility of longevity and staying-
power in cycling. I was recently voted the number one rider in the
Knoxville area, over 20-year-olds...I have Shaklee to thank for that."
"I'm probably the oldest athlete in an endurance speed sport." At 52
and a Masters athlete in cycling who is still going strong and winning
championships, Kent Bostick is a prime example of someone not letting
age slow him down. In fact, he accomplished his life-long dream of
making the team at 42 in 1996, double the average age of most of his
teammates. "This year I won the Tennessee Time Trial Championship in
the 40 kilometer individual time trial," says Kent. "My times in this
event are the same as 10 years ago. I've been able to maintain the
same level of sport from age 20 to age 52, which is pretty unusual."

http://www.shaklee.net/abettergreenlife/team_kentbostick

<[email protected]> wrote in message
> Kent Bostick on Shaklee Products :
> I've been able to maintain the
> same level of sport from age 20 to age 52, which is pretty unusual."

I hope you're prepared for the idiot postings from people here that are only
2/3rds Kent's age who are blindly jealous of anyone over 40 who can even
ride a bike.

On Feb 23, 6:51 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > Kent Bostick on Shaklee Products :
> > I've been able to maintain the
> > same level of sport from age 20 to age 52, which is pretty unusual."

> I hope you're prepared for the idiot postings from people here that are only
> 2/3rds Kent's age who are blindly jealous of anyone over 40 who can even
> ride a bike.

You mean the one's in here that were dissing Cipo last week.

"Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
On Feb 23, 6:51 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > > Kent Bostick on Shaklee Products :
> > > I've been able to maintain the
> > > same level of sport from age 20 to age 52, which is pretty unusual."

> > I hope you're prepared for the idiot postings from people here that are
> > only
> > 2/3rds Kent's age who are blindly jealous of anyone over 40 who can even
> > ride a bike.

> You mean the one's in here that were dissing Cipo last week.

You hit it right on the head. All that time Cipo was racing he demonstrated
a level of intelligence that not a lot of cyclists show but then they assume
that somehow Cipo is going to allow himself to be put on display without
having the ability to back his reputation up.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
> Kent Bostick on Shaklee Products :
>
> "I guess I'm living proof of the possibility of longevity and staying-
> power in cycling. I was recently voted the number one rider in the
> Knoxville area, over 20-year-olds...I have Shaklee to thank for that."
> "I'm probably the oldest athlete in an endurance speed sport." At 52
> and a Masters athlete in cycling who is still going strong and winning
> championships, Kent Bostick is a prime example of someone not letting
> age slow him down. In fact, he accomplished his life-long dream of
> making the team at 42 in 1996, double the average age of most of his
> teammates. "This year I won the Tennessee Time Trial Championship in
> the 40 kilometer individual time trial," says Kent. "My times in this
> event are the same as 10 years ago. I've been able to maintain the
> same level of sport from age 20 to age 52, which is pretty unusual."
>
> http://www.shaklee.net/abettergreenlife/team_kentbostick

Dumbass,

Bostick is about two years younger then Dave LeDuc.

LeDuc: http://www.usacycling.org/results/index.php?compid=45583

Bostick: https://www.usacycling.org/results/?compid=45105

>Kent Bostick on Shaklee Products :
>
>"I guess I'm living proof of the possibility of longevity and staying-
>power in cycling. I was recently voted the number one rider in the
>Knoxville area, over 20-year-olds...I have Shaklee to thank for that."
>"I'm probably the oldest athlete in an endurance speed sport." At 52
>and a Masters athlete in cycling who is still going strong and winning
>championships, Kent Bostick is a prime example of someone not letting
>age slow him down. In fact, he accomplished his life-long dream of
>making the team at 42 in 1996, double the average age of most of his
>teammates. "This year I won the Tennessee Time Trial Championship in
>the 40 kilometer individual time trial," says Kent. "My times in this
>event are the same as 10 years ago. I've been able to maintain the
>same level of sport from age 20 to age 52, which is pretty unusual."
>
>http://www.shaklee.net/abettergreenlife/team_kentbostick

You obviously have not heard of one John Alabaster from New Zealand.
Now in his sixties he won a 150K plus stage in the tour down under,
by going out on his own and the peleton could not catch him. He was in the lead, alone for over 100Ks.
This happened jusat a couple of years ago, and he is still just as hard to catch. That, to me is an endurance sport!!
Ro

The first time I met Kent was at the Moriarty, New Mexico, time trials where
he set more than one record. It was back in the 80's, and the first year
that disk wheels were a very expensive reality. Kent was the manager and
star of the Ten Speed Drive team, and TSD had supplied him with a disk
wheel.

My son was a junior, and he, along with at least a half dozen other juniors,
were standing with their mouths open in awe of Kent when he finished his
record setting ride. He looked at the kids, then shoved his bike by the
back of the seat toward them with a smile and, "Here, why don't you guys
give a disk a try." You cannot imagine the electric joy of those juniors!

On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 08:45:51 +0200, Donald Munro
<[email protected]> wrote:

>abettergreenlife wrote:
>>> Kent Bostick on Shaklee Products :
>>>
>>> "I guess I'm living proof of the possibility of longevity and staying-
>>> power in cycling. I was recently voted the number one rider in the
>>> Knoxville area, over 20-year-olds

>Carl Sundquist wrote:
>> Bostick is about two years younger then Dave LeDuc.
>>
>> LeDuc: http://www.usacycling.org/results/index.php?compid=45583
>>
>> Bostick: https://www.usacycling.org/results/?compid=45105

>Overend can't be much younger either.

And Overend looks good on the bike.

[email protected] wrote:
> Kent Bostick on Shaklee Products :
>
> "I guess I'm living proof of the possibility of longevity and staying-
> power in cycling. I was recently voted the number one rider in the
> Knoxville area, over 20-year-olds...I have Shaklee to thank for that."
> "I'm probably the oldest athlete in an endurance speed sport." At 52
> and a Masters athlete in cycling who is still going strong and winning
> championships, Kent Bostick is a prime example of someone not letting
> age slow him down. In fact, he accomplished his life-long dream of
> making the team at 42 in 1996, double the average age of most of his
> teammates. "This year I won the Tennessee Time Trial Championship in
> the 40 kilometer individual time trial," says Kent. "My times in this
> event are the same as 10 years ago. I've been able to maintain the
> same level of sport from age 20 to age 52, which is pretty unusual."
>
> http://www.shaklee.net/abettergreenlife/team_kentbostick

So what happened to Carol Ann, if he was a new dad in 2006?

"Colin Campbell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] wrote:
>> Kent Bostick on Shaklee Products :
>>
>> "I guess I'm living proof of the possibility of longevity and
>> staying-
>> power in cycling. I was recently voted the number one rider in the
>> Knoxville area, over 20-year-olds...I have Shaklee to thank for
>> that."
>> "I'm probably the oldest athlete in an endurance speed sport." At 52
>> and a Masters athlete in cycling who is still going strong and
>> winning
>> championships, Kent Bostick is a prime example of someone not letting
>> age slow him down. In fact, he accomplished his life-long dream of
>> making the team at 42 in 1996, double the average age of most of his
>> teammates. "This year I won the Tennessee Time Trial Championship in
>> the 40 kilometer individual time trial," says Kent. "My times in this
>> event are the same as 10 years ago. I've been able to maintain the
>> same level of sport from age 20 to age 52, which is pretty unusual."
>>
>> http://www.shaklee.net/abettergreenlife/team_kentbostick

> So what happened to Carol Ann, if he was a new dad in 2006?

Where have you been hiding for the last 10 or so years?

Phil H

Phil Holman wrote:
> "Colin Campbell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> [email protected] wrote:
>>> Kent Bostick on Shaklee Products :
>>>
>>> "I guess I'm living proof of the possibility of longevity and
>>> staying-
>>> power in cycling. I was recently voted the number one rider in the
>>> Knoxville area, over 20-year-olds...I have Shaklee to thank for
>>> that."
>>> "I'm probably the oldest athlete in an endurance speed sport." At 52
>>> and a Masters athlete in cycling who is still going strong and
>>> winning
>>> championships, Kent Bostick is a prime example of someone not letting
>>> age slow him down. In fact, he accomplished his life-long dream of
>>> making the team at 42 in 1996, double the average age of most of his
>>> teammates. "This year I won the Tennessee Time Trial Championship in
>>> the 40 kilometer individual time trial," says Kent. "My times in this
>>> event are the same as 10 years ago. I've been able to maintain the
>>> same level of sport from age 20 to age 52, which is pretty unusual."
>>>
>>> http://www.shaklee.net/abettergreenlife/team_kentbostick

>> So what happened to Carol Ann, if he was a new dad in 2006?

> Where have you been hiding for the last 10 or so years?
>
> Phil H

Obviously, not paying attention to the Bosticks! (I wish I could ride
as well as either of them.)