I'm rewarding myself with a new bike.

dominic2081

Jan 17, 2014
I've only got a Felt 29MTB. I want more of a road bike. I'm looking at a Giant Revolt 1 or Anyroad 1. Any thoughts or suggestions? I'm 6'3, 200, 60 yrs old. Any help would be welcome, relatively new to biking. Thanks.

dominic2081,
I am by no means an expert, but the advise I have seen on these threads is to try multiple brands/setups/sizes and see what fits you best.
I am a 50yo who also had a mountain bike for many years and just purchased a Trek Damone 4.5C. Due to the winter weather I have not had time to ride it yet, but am looking forward to getting out this spring. They said with the different gearing on the road bikes I should see a small increase in my average speed. I also noticed a road bike has you in a more aero-posture which may not be as comfortable for some folks.....time will tell. Hope this helps you out.

Thanks,
John S

I'd definitely suggest trying out different bikes. Seems like what most people on here think and from my own personal experience, this is the best option. Bikes will fit most everyone differently, so just try and find one you are comfortable with. It will vary, but you can find it. What you listed sounds pretty good, I know some people your age with a Specialized Sirrus. Again, it is really up to you. Good luck, hope you find one you like.

Originally Posted by dominic2081

I've only got a Felt 29MTB. I want more of a road bike. I'm looking at a Giant Revolt 1 or Anyroad 1. Any thoughts or suggestions? I'm 6'3, 200, 60 yrs old. Any help would be welcome, relatively new to biking. Thanks.
Last summer the big word was "gravel racer," and it looks like Giant hit the ground (or the dirt road) running with this new category.

If you're planning to do a big portion of your riding on dirt roads, say 40 percent or more, one of these looks like it would fit the bill. These also look like a good choice if you're leaning toward the stability and traction of significantly fatter tires. Between the two, the Revolt has a sportier, more aggressive geometry. The Anyroad is more upright. Choose according to your style of riding.

At 6'3", you're probably looking at a frame in the 60-61 cm range. In Giant parlance, that would be a Large.