I'm such a "bad boy" hehehe

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by John G, Apr 16, 2003.

  1. John G

    John G Guest

    Tags:

  2. John G says:

    >All this over a tee-shirt:

    John, Have a beer over getting fired - don't get fired over a beer ;-)

    Steve "nice shirt BTW"

  3. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

  4. > My supervisor calls me into his office and say's: "I've had several complaints about your attire
    > today." "My attire!?!?!?" <quite puzzled> "Yes some people find your shirt offensive, I need to
    > ask you to please return home to change your shirt."
    >
    > All this over a tee-shirt: http://beersummit.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/i-got-head-shirt.jpg

    LMFAO!

    and touchy nowadays. Christ its a JOKE.

    Small Black Dog

  5. John G

    John G Guest

    Small Black Dog wrote:
    >>My supervisor calls me into his office and say's: "I've had several complaints about your attire
    >>today." "My attire!?!?!?" <quite puzzled> "Yes some people find your shirt offensive, I need to
    >>ask you to please return home to change your shirt."
    >>
    >>All this over a tee-shirt: http://beersummit.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/i-got-head-shirt.jpg
    >>

    > LMFAO!
    >

    > and touchy nowadays. Christ its a JOKE.

    Well you gotta understand, everybody here is femal, gay or both! I'm the ONLY straight male in my
    department. Thank G*d I'm "only a Temp"....I can't wait to get out of here!!!!!

    Seriously though you would have figured that in an enviroment such as this the shirt would have been
    warmly recieved, no?

  6. "John G" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > My supervisor calls me into his office and say's: "I've had several complaints about your attire
    > today." "My attire!?!?!?" <quite puzzled> "Yes some people find your shirt offensive, I need to
    > ask you to please return home to change your shirt."
    >
    > All this over a tee-shirt: http://beersummit.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/i-got-head-shirt.jpg

    I've had complaints about my attire at work when I was in the office at IBM. Not exactly the same
    thing, but shorts and tee-shirts, not official IBM attire. What worked for me was to ask if IBM was
    really doing so well that the only thing left to worry about was what I wore. Of course, this was
    back in the day, when SW was making money. Luckily, I work remotely now, and management has gotten
    used to it.
    --
    Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado

  7. roKeMS

    roKeMS New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2002
    Maybe your boss likes flat beer?:D :D

  8. Craig says:

    >but shorts and tee-shirts, not official IBM attire.

    No sh*t! When I was with IBM in England (1972-3) we needed coats, preferably with ties or
    turtle-necks, and to be REALLY trendy, you had to try to grow a beard. You needed to look like a kid
    who had stopped shaving at 16. I go into trouble for going on night shift, in the Plant Computer
    Room (3 levels of security deep) in a pair of bibs with a denim workshirt and bandana (just come
    from a square-dance). My question about who the hell was going to see me in Fort Knox at 2:00am was
    disregarded....

    Steve

  9. Jimmy

    Jimmy Guest

    On Wed, 16 Apr 2003 10:27:24 -0400, John G <[email protected]> reckoned:

    >My supervisor calls me into his office and say's: "I've had several complaints about your attire
    >today." "My attire!?!?!?" <quite puzzled> "Yes some people find your shirt offensive, I need to ask
    >you to please return home to change your shirt."
    >
    >All this over a tee-shirt: http://beersummit.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/i-got-head-shirt.jpg

    T-shirt back in 1972 to Junior High school. No problems.

  10. Jimmy wrote:
    > On Wed, 16 Apr 2003 10:27:24 -0400, John G <[email protected]> reckoned:
    >

    >>My supervisor calls me into his office and say's: "I've had several complaints about your attire
    >>today." "My attire!?!?!?" <quite puzzled> "Yes some people find your shirt offensive, I need to
    >>ask you to please return home to change your shirt."
    >>
    >>All this over a tee-shirt: http://beersummit.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/i-got-head-shirt.jpg
    >

    > T-shirt back in 1972 to Junior High school. No problems.

    Ha. My school you would have gotten expelled for a shirt like that. Hell, they'd suspend you for
    wearing a shirt that had to do with smoking or alcohol.

    And yes, this was a public school.

    Jon Bond

  11. Jd

    Jd Guest

    John G <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > My supervisor calls me into his office and say's: "I've had several complaints about your attire
    > today." "My attire!?!?!?" <quite puzzled> "Yes some people find your shirt offensive, I need to
    > ask you to please return home to change your shirt."
    >
    > All this over a tee-shirt: http://beersummit.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/i-got-head-shirt.jpg

    I wear the same shirt I was wearing for the infamous RidePhat article to work. You can't see what is
    written non it, but it's "You Should Hear What The Voices In My Head Are Calling You". It was a
    Christmas present from my Grandmother, who still knows her grandkids well. My Black Sabbath tshirt
    is also a big hit at work as well.

    JD

  12. Jimmy

    Jimmy Guest

    On Thu, 17 Apr 2003 02:47:48 GMT, Jonathan Bond <[email protected]> reckoned:

    >Ha. My school you would have gotten expelled for a shirt like that. Hell, they'd suspend you for
    >wearing a shirt that had to do with smoking or alcohol.
    >
    >And yes, this was a public school.
    >
    >Jon Bond

    Heh. The early '70's was a pretty lax period in history I guess. I used to wear a T-shirt to
    school promoting dope smoking back then too and no teacher ever complained. I gave that up a long
    time ago though.

  13. Westie

    Westie Guest

    "John G" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > My supervisor calls me into his office and say's: "I've had several complaints about your attire
    > today." "My attire!?!?!?" <quite puzzled> "Yes some people find your shirt offensive, I need to
    > ask you to please return home to change your shirt."
    >
    > All this over a tee-shirt: http://beersummit.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/i-got-head-shirt.jpg

    Sheesh. They should lighten up a bit. I guess the boss wouldn't like this screensaver from this site
    running on their work terminals then: http://www.valisere.com/ I've got it running on the computer
    in my home/office at the moment. No doubt I'll have somehting different in a week or two. I thought
    that it was very, ummm,... tasteful. Nothing like a little eye candy to make ones, ummm... heart,
    soar. My head cook just laughed and said "Nice arse!" when she saw it. I got a clip across the ear
    when my fiancee first saw it. LOL!
    --
    Westie All done in the BEST possible taste.

  14. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    John G <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Small Black Dog wrote:
    > >>My supervisor calls me into his office and say's: "I've had several complaints about your attire
    > >>today." "My attire!?!?!?" <quite puzzled> "Yes some people find your shirt offensive, I need to
    > >>ask you to please return home to change your shirt."
    > >>
    > >>All this over a tee-shirt:
    > >>http://beersummit.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/i-got-head-shirt.jpg
    > >>

    > > LMFAO!

    sensitive
    > > and touchy nowadays. Christ its a JOKE.
    >
    > Well you gotta understand, everybody here is femal, gay or both! I'm the ONLY straight male in my
    > department. Thank G*d I'm "only a Temp"....I can't wait to get out of here!!!!!
    >
    > Seriously though you would have figured that in an enviroment such as this the shirt would have
    > been warmly recieved, no?

    Every basatrd is jumping on the freaking PC bandwaggon - bunch o' wankers.

    Shaun aRe

  15. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    spademan o---[) * <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > > > John, Have a beer over getting fired - don't get fired over a beer ;-)
    > >
    > > Looks like some guy at one of our offices will be heading that direction due to his Internet
    > > surfing habits.
    > >

    > must ....

    resist.......tasteless......joke......didn't......realise......shaun......wo
    > rked......in.....your....office......d'oh!

    Shaun 'aRe' an animal.

  16. John G

    John G Guest

    Jonathan Bond wrote:
    > Ha. My school you would have gotten expelled for a shirt like that. Hell, they'd suspend you for
    > wearing a shirt that had to do with smoking or alcohol.

    Having (eventually) graduated from Hall High in West Hartford (just one town over but still in
    Yuppieville) I beleive it!

  17. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Shaun Rimmer wrote:
    > John G <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    >>> LMFAO!
    >>>

    >>> sensitive and touchy nowadays. Christ its a JOKE.

    I"m going plunge in here.. sure it's a joke.. but if someone of a different set of values does find
    it offensive or gets uncomfortable.. wouldn't a decent person respect that? Save the shirt for post
    ride bar bashes instead? I"msure I"ll get flamed for "decent" but I see it as a good will effort.

    also, the "it's just a joke thing" is a copout. my observation is that some people will do/say
    something offensive and then use the "only joking" as an excuse to get out of it. Why create tension
    in the work palce? Everyone suffers.

    just my 2¢

  18. Jimmy

    Jimmy Guest

    On Thu, 17 Apr 2003 08:43:58 -0700, "Penny S." <[email protected]> reckoned:

    >I"m going plunge in here.. sure it's a joke.. but if someone of a different set of values does find
    >it offensive or gets uncomfortable.. wouldn't a decent person respect that? Save the shirt for post
    >ride bar bashes instead? I"msure I"ll get flamed for "decent" but I see it as a good will effort.
    >
    >also, the "it's just a joke thing" is a copout. my observation is that some people will do/say
    >something offensive and then use the "only joking" as an excuse to get out of it. Why create
    >tension in the work palce? Everyone suffers.
    >
    >just my 2¢
    >
    >1¢

    Oh geez, it's the 'Leave it to Beaver' hour. jk.

  19. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Jimmy wrote:
    > On Thu, 17 Apr 2003 08:43:58 -0700, "Penny S." <[email protected]> reckoned:
    >

    >> I"m going plunge in here.. sure it's a joke.. but if someone of a different set of values does
    >> find it offensive or gets uncomfortable.. wouldn't a decent person respect that? Save the shirt
    >> for post ride bar bashes instead? I"msure I"ll get flamed for "decent" but I see it as a good
    >> will effort.
    >>
    >> also, the "it's just a joke thing" is a copout. my observation is that some people will do/say
    >> something offensive and then use the "only joking" as an excuse to get out of it. Why create
    >> tension in the work palce? Everyone suffers.
    >>
    >> just my 2¢
    >>
    >> 1¢
    >>

    > Oh geez, it's the 'Leave it to Beaver' hour. jk.

    you bet, I"m june cleaver in spd's and lycra.....

  20. Penny S. wrote:
    > you bet, I"m june cleaver in spd's and lycra.....

    Stop it, you are getting me excited.

    --
    Eddie Haskel