I'm surprised more people don't post here!

It's funny but another forum called, well let's say RBR, even though still has a few members, it still seems to a heck of a lot less entertaining than this place even if people don't post here ha ha ha! :D:p:D

I think the reasons forums slowed down is because there were, and still some people who are extremely rude, and others who think they are the kings of cycling and their knowledge is the only knowledge you should ever listen to and if you challenge that knowledge you're for a load of **** being dumped on you and dumped on you very unpolitely. This forum took a hit last year because of some member, who I shall not mention, went off on everyone even the moderator! And people here got tired of his constant babish attitude problem, so they left, I left for while till I found out he got banned. He was probably the worst offender I've ever encountered on any forum, but there are others on other forums who just make life miserable for anyone trying to be just a spectator to those that are actually members of a forum. Quite frankly they would **** me off to, and I would say something off the wall back at them and the next thing you know we are both suspended for a week or two. Also there are a couple of forums with specific political views within the administration, and if you say something that goes against that belief system they simply ban you forever, that actually happened to me, I got into a discussion with the moderator that did it and got nowhere with him. All that sort of stuff puts a sour taste in people's brains against being an active member of a forum.

So yes, forums are fading away, I know of two cycling forums that are no longer around because the attendance got down to only 6 active members and one of them was the moderator...the same one that banned me! and now their gone completely. But it's the members that make or break a forum, and sometimes the mod, sometimes I think there are certain individuals who purposely set out to try to destroy a particular forum just for the fun of it, and when those types get banned they somehow come back under a different name a different iP address and they start the game all over again, but they follow the same pattern and you can tell they're back.

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
I hear you Froze! I was banned from a forum for calling out a liar on his claim to have completed a timed event with internet posted times. o_O I guess the baby got upset so I was told to be nice to the guy. Wait, it is a cycling forum, I've seen plenty of liars called out. I was not rude, just sensitive baby I guess. :D

Not to mention, the mods there think they are gawds. Bunch of unreasonable ass hats! :p

This is actually a nice forum. Wish there were more vs the 3 post here then gone members. :(

Last edited:
This is actually a nice forum. Wish there were more vs the 3 post here then gone members. :(

It was a nice forum for quite awhile, but one particular person, who I shall not name, was the biggest reason why everyone left, they got tired of his **** and misinformation, and the mods here waited to long to stop him, both myself and at least one other former member pleaded like crazy to ban this guy, and I even told the mods that his actions are reducing member participation, they didn't listen to me or the other member, and there may have been other members appealing to the mods as well that I'm now aware of.

if you have someone who is giving out false information ALL the time, and some of that information could have hurt a rider if they had listen and did what he said, then you do the 3 strikes your out rule. I understand if someone gives out wrong information due to simply not knowing, and it only happens rarely, and someone corrects the info and no one goes to battle about it, then that's fine, but not when it's happening all the time, post after post for months on top of months.

I am not aware of the poster as I have not really had problems here. Nothing serious other than forum debate.

But yes, I knew a guy who gave out bad advice constantly on another forum. Gets frustrating knowing it could lead to someone's injury.

Wow, you missed the fireworks here Mr Beanz! Actually you're lucky you missed it! LOL!!

Anyway, the American cycling forum sites seem to be declining over the past couple of years, but the European ones seem to be doing well, but those sometimes talk about products we can't get here, but at least their cordial with one another.

Bicycling magazine use to have the largest forum on the web, they now closed the forum and instead have a Facebook page which is stupid to say the least because no one is asking questions to help one another, it's more about showing women cyclists (probably some are just models that couldn't ride a bike to save their lives!) wearing tight fitting cycling clothes.

Wow, you missed the fireworks here Mr Beanz! Actually you're lucky you missed it! LOL!!

Anyway, the American cycling forum sites seem to be declining over the past couple of years, but the European ones seem to be doing well, but those sometimes talk about products we can't get here, but at least their cordial with one another.

Bicycling Magazine use to have the largest forum in America if not the world, they closed their forum and now have some lame facebook group thing you can join, I looked at the site, I saw no reason whatsoever to want to join that, it was lame to say the least.

I just joined and have found the Cycling Forums friendly and informative. But I know what you guys are saying. Some forums lose visitors because of a few bad apples. I will say this, however, that nobody has responded to the posts I've made so far.

No surprise, actually, because that's typical of most forums, especially since I'm a new guy on the block. But that's the other side of the coin marked "What happened to the participation?" The side you guys are talking about is rude, arrogant, know-it-alls, and the side I'm bringing up is the feeling that everyone loves the sound of their own voice.

This Corona Virus thing has brought that sharply into focus for me. I can't ride with my cycling friends. So I decided to join a forum for some vicarious involvement with other cyclists. I'm certainly not going to un-join when my cycling clubs start scheduling rides again.

On a side note, I tried to start a new thread a few days ago but kept getting an error message. No details, just an alert. I figured that was probably because I have not yet posted enough to be allowed a new thread, but can't find anything at the site that explains the rules about that. Any suggestions on that?

I just joined and have found the Cycling Forums friendly and informative. But I know what you guys are saying. Some forums lose visitors because of a few bad apples. I will say this, however, that nobody has responded to the posts I've made so far.

No surprise, actually, because that's typical of most forums, especially since I'm a new guy on the block. But that's the other side of the coin marked "What happened to the participation?" The side you guys are talking about is rude, arrogant, know-it-alls, and the side I'm bringing up is the feeling that everyone loves the sound of their own voice.

This Corona Virus thing has brought that sharply into focus for me. I can't ride with my cycling friends. So I decided to join a forum for some vicarious involvement with other cyclists. I'm certainly not going to un-join when my cycling clubs start scheduling rides again.

On a side note, I tried to start a new thread a few days ago but kept getting an error message. No details, just an alert. I figured that was probably because I have not yet posted enough to be allowed a new thread, but can't find anything at the site that explains the rules about that. Any suggestions on that?

I actually been meaning to reply to your gear post. But I been in a rush posting my ride reports in several places, facebook, groups etc. So my bad, welcome! Glad you are here! Ph, and editing pics that takes me about an hour then making the videos which takes about 2 to 3 hours. :D

Yeah, sounds like you are as busy as a nine-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. Me too. Thought I'd have lots of free time when I retired but soon discovered that re-tired means tired again. But I like being involved with other things than sitting on the sofa watching TV with beer and pretzels.

By the way, could you answer my question about how many posts you have to acquire before you can start a new thread?

I'm actually retired myself! My Dad passed away 1 1/2 years ago. Legally blind Mom is 81 and begged me to move back home as she had nobody to care for her. Only 2 sons and my brother is too busy with his family so me and my wife were the only choice not wanting outsiders to live there. I had helped my father with the addition to the house, 1300 sq ft to a 5 bedroom 2400 sq ft house. When I was 15, they gave me a hammer and said, start tearing down the walls. It was a long road that lasted several years but we did it.

Dad got sick 6 years before he passed and couldn't maintain the house any longer so it went to pot. So the day I moved back last year, I started fixing things and it hasn't stopped. I worked at General Dynamics for several years starting a month after I turned 18, now 57 so I put in for my retirement, left my job at a not so desirable recent company and came home to help Mom. House is all paid for, care for Mom till she passes then split the dough with my brother.

But in the meantime, I figured I would make it a nice place for Mom to live as it has been a while that the house has looked decent.

So I've been real busy other than cycling, making videos and taking pics. :p

Few pics of the improvements. The kitchen had holes from the upstairs shower leak. A big florescent light had been removed but never covered up. Big difference.

20190424_195527.jpeg
56890348_2712484782157336_386130161344446464_o.jpg

Mom's restroom was a mess. Peeling wall paper, damaged walls, thrashed base boards. Stripped everything then paint and remodel, scub the tile floors in the kitchen and restroom by hand including the grout. Much better.

52924157_2616805205058628_6594105951458951168_o.jpg
000123.jpg

When I came home, the backyard was gopher city. All brown grass, hundreds of holes. I turned it all up with a shovel, tried to bring the grass back to life and added some seed. The neighbors in the back built some kind of Mexico fence and thrashed my parents side of the fence. A neighbor on the side collects junk and places it on the outside of my Mom's view out the window through a chain link fence. So I've improved everything, now she can look out the window without crying.

This fence was covered with ivy. As was the BBQ pit and all the space between. Now it looks much nicer.

97657914_3995359497203185_7182408005906857984_o.jpg
57160424_2720996901306124_1936303344461021184_o.jpg
98093639_3995360387203096_8964789253011668992_o.jpg

Now this, is a job a handyman with his own business did for her a couple years ago. Idiot!!!! The baseboards in the washroom started falling off 10 minutes after he left. She hired him to help him out so she paid him there on the spot. Got the money and never came back to fix it!

What kind of idiot places a round bend of the baseboard in a square corner???? I looked it up on youtube how to square it off then did it. I'm no professional handyman, but there is a huge difference! He used self adhesive base board. I took it off, cleaned it up then installed it with the real tube adhesive stuff. He told my Mom it was falling off because it was a washroom and the walls were wet. What the hell ???!!! I think it fell off 10 minutes later because the guy is an idiot!
0001.jpg
0002.jpeg

So yeah, besides making videos, pics, and riding my bike, I keep busy fixing the house. Well worth it. A local outfit wanted $3000 to paint the inside of the house NOT INCLUDING FIXING HOLES OR WALLS. I did it spending about $100 per room.

My family calls me Mr. Beanz, have all my life so after seeing this pic, a few of them call me Dusty Beanz ha ha!

57104099_2712488848823596_7281746295906107392_n.jpg

Wow, looks like you took on lots of responsibility. Good for you! By the way, could you answer my question about how many posts you have to acquire before you can start a new thread?

Awesome job and very commendable. I too moved back to my hometown 6 years ago due to aging parents. I left home after leaving for college and swore I would never move back. Lived in one of the best cycling areas around (Asheville, NC). But funny how things change as you get old and honoring your parents to assist them In their elderly years.

Once they pass my wife and I may move to the coast. We have spent decades going to the Charleston area and I see these things there called bike taxis!!!! What a great job to get paid cycling drunks around the beautiful city!

Wow, looks like you took on lots of responsibility. Good for you! By the way, could you answer my question about how many posts you have to acquire before you can start a new thread?

I'm sorry I did not know that you could not start a new post. I've been a member since 2015 and I could swear I started out posting new threads.

I know other forums started some time back limiting posters from sending personal messages before having so many posts. Many have done that I think but I did not know that here.

I'll send a message to one of the mods and ask for you since you might not be able to message either.:cool:

Yep.....all forums of every discipline have the Keyboard Seal as I call them. You know......the one Jackwagon that is a Navy Seal in their mind on that particular subject matter.

I do find and I hate to say it in road cycling more pricks on forums who regurgitate the buzz words and tell of their 18% climb in record time and how their avg moving speed is 29 mph just under that 30 and if it weren’t for them stopping to save a kitten they would be TDF bound.

Posers abound in this sport. I am just a lover of cycling and do it for fun and health. Not trying to impress a sole person in a forum or on the road.

It is just the resultant factor of some living behind keyboards....LOL

I think the reasons forums slowed down is because there were, and still some people who are extremely rude, and others who think they are the kings of cycling and their knowledge is the only knowledge you should ever listen to and if you challenge that knowledge you're for a load of **** being dumped on you and dumped on you very unpolitely. This forum took a hit last year because of some member, who I shall not mention, went off on everyone even the moderator! And people here got tired of his constant babish attitude problem, so they left, I left for while till I found out he got banned. He was probably the worst offender I've ever encountered on any forum, but there are others on other forums who just make life miserable for anyone trying to be just a spectator to those that are actually members of a forum. Quite frankly they would **** me off to, and I would say something off the wall back at them and the next thing you know we are both suspended for a week or two. Also there are a couple of forums with specific political views within the administration, and if you say something that goes against that belief system they simply ban you forever, that actually happened to me, I got into a discussion with the moderator that did it and got nowhere with him. All that sort of stuff puts a sour taste in people's brains against being an active member of a forum.

So yes, forums are fading away, I know of two cycling forums that are no longer around because the attendance got down to only 6 active members and one of them was the moderator...the same one that banned me! and now their gone completely. But it's the members that make or break a forum, and sometimes the mod, sometimes I think there are certain individuals who purposely set out to try to destroy a particular forum just for the fun of it, and when those types get banned they somehow come back under a different name a different iP address and they start the game all over again, but they follow the same pattern and you can tell they're back.

I believe you need 5 replies before you can start a thread. Steve the Admin. could say for sure.