im the new guy

O'Hoy

Dec 28, 2004
what up everyone. im new here and to the sport of cycling. just started liking it one day. came here to gain info on how to train better and to make some friends hopefully. everyone peace, love, and chicken.

O'Hoy said:
what up everyone. im new here and to the sport of cycling. just started liking it one day. came here to gain info on how to train better and to make some friends hopefully. everyone peace, love, and chicken.

Hello new guy, hope you gain the insight you are looking for,by the way, here in the South we never use the words peace ,love and chicken in the same sentence.
Sorry couldn't resist, besides I beat some one else to it.

thanks for the warm welcome jhuskey. im a little further south, and west of you. im in odessa, texas. a humble city best known for football. the high school i went to has a book and movie titled "friday night lights" about it. not too many cyclists that i know of. but chick-fil-a is a big money maker for the town so, all of us here always use thier slogan as a jokingly gesture.

O'Hoy said:
thanks for the warm welcome jhuskey. im a little further south, and west of you. im in odessa, texas. a humble city best known for football. the high school i went to has a book and movie titled "friday night lights" about it. not too many cyclists that i know of. but chick-fil-a is a big money maker for the town so, all of us here always use thier slogan as a jokingly gesture.

I have heard of Odessa In several ways football for one and also we used a group of gentleman from there once to install a liner in a small lake for us here at the ski resort. Modessa I believe was the name of the company.

Of course college ball is big here UT will be playing Texas T in the Cotton Bowl this weekend.
Good training area here for cycling if you like climbing and of course I remember some reference to some gu y from Texas being a fair cyclist.

odessa, and the surrounding area, is part of the Permian Basin. it's just a big hole, no hills really. inless you go to the monahans, or kermit sand hills. but the temp around here though makes up for it. we have perfect temps around the year. the summer can get damn how. but fall, and winter we usually have our temp in the 60's to low 70's inless a cold front comes through. never heard of modessa, but i would not doubt that there is a company here with that name.

take it easy,

O'Hoy