Image Stabilizing for cycling coverage

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Jiyang Chen, Feb 22, 2004.

  1. Jiyang Chen

    Jiyang Chen Guest

    Why don't they use it? The newer ones don't distort image quality all that much. Or at least clamp
    it on to the bike like those IMAX cameras. Coverage on TV is usually shaky and nauseating.

    Jiyang

    Tags:

  2. Sierraman

    Sierraman Guest

    "Jiyang Chen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Why don't they use it? The newer ones don't distort image quality all that much. Or at least clamp
    > it on to the bike like those IMAX cameras. Coverage on TV is usually shaky and nauseating.
    >
    > Jiyang

    Now there's an idea. An Imax cycling film. Bring it on!

    B-

  3. Andre

    Andre Guest

    There's an imax coming out focussing on tyler hamilton in the 2003 tour.

    --
    --------------------------
    Andre Charlebois BPE, MCSE4.0, CNA, A+ webmaster for Triathlon New Brunswick www.TriNB.com
    "Sierraman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "Jiyang Chen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Why don't they use it? The newer ones don't distort image quality all that much. Or at least
    > > clamp it on to the bike like those IMAX cameras. Coverage on TV is usually shaky and nauseating.
    > >
    > > Jiyang
    >
    > Now there's an idea. An Imax cycling film. Bring it on!
    >
    > B-

  4. Sierraman

    Sierraman Guest

    "Andre" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > There's an imax coming out focussing on tyler hamilton in the 2003 tour.

    They closed the Imax in Fresno, so then it's back to LA to the Imax near USC, space and aeronautics,
    natural history museum. That Imax has a bigger screen then the Fresno one anyway. While we are at
    it, since we are attaching...

    B- MCP, A+, CCNA, Network+

    > --
    > --------------------------
    > Andre Charlebois BPE, MCSE4.0, CNA, A+ webmaster for Triathlon New Brunswick www.TriNB.com
    > "Sierraman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Jiyang Chen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > > Why don't they use it? The newer ones don't distort image quality all that much. Or at least
    > > > clamp it on to the bike like those IMAX
    cameras.
    > > > Coverage on TV is usually shaky and nauseating.
    > > >
    > > > Jiyang
    > >
    > > Now there's an idea. An Imax cycling film. Bring it on!
    > >
    > > B-

  5. > There's an imax coming out focussing on tyler hamilton in the 2003 tour.

    Unless they've moved away from the original idea, the Imax film is about the power of the
    mind/brain, and how it deals with things. It could very well be that Tyler's success has caused them
    to "rewrite the script" as it were (which would be very cool indeed!).