General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Imitation Pizza & Imitation Bread (with pics)

Started by wff_ng_7 · · Last activity · 5 posts · 126 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
27 May 2007
Last activity
27 May 2007
Original author
wff_ng_7
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
126
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Tonight I made imitation pizza. I'm calling it "imitation" pizza because
    otherwise I know Sheldon will say it is not "real" pizza! ;-)

    I made the crust with my starter and the portion I used was about 1/2 cup water
    and 3/4 cup flour. I also used an additional 2/3 cup water and about 2 cups of
    flour, plus a small amount of salt and a small amount of olive oil to keep the
    dough from sticking to the rising bowl. I let is rise at room temperature for
    about 7 hours.

    Then I preheated the oven for an hour to 500 degrees F. I rolled out the dough
    on parchment, brushed it with olive oil, and spread the homemade tomato sauce
    over it. Then I did my toppings, which were an odd bunch: green peppers, onions,
    eggplant, canned California black olives, and pepperoni. Then some oregano and
    shredded mozzarella cheese. I turned the oven down to 400 degrees and slid the
    pizza on parchment onto the baking stone and baked it for about 22 minutes.

    Here's a couple of pictures, before and after putting on the cheese.
    Unfortunately there is no picture of the baked pizza because the batteries in
    the camera went dead and I didn't have any spares. The pizza is about 13 inches
    in diameter.

    http://i11.tinypic.com/6253q0o.jpg
    http://i18.tinypic.com/4r8g20z.jpg

    The new addition to the pizza was eggplant. I never thought of that before, but
    I had some left over and decided to put it on the pizza, chopped into 1/3 inch
    cubes. It came out quite well, though I doubt I'd buy eggplant specifically to
    use as a pizza topping.

    I also made imitation bread a couple of days ago. The bread was also made with
    my starter and no yeast. I put in chopped sun dried tomatoes and canned chopped
    California black olives. I've been making bread with those two ingredients for a
    few years. The last couple of times I've added about a teaspoon of Penzey's
    Balti seasoning which goes well with the tomatoes and olives. I topped the bread
    with poppy seeds. Sorry for the poor focus on the second photo.

    http://i17.tinypic.com/6aj936s.jpg
    http://i17.tinypic.com/6exxy89.jpg

    On both the pizza dough and the bread dough, I don't really measure the flour.
    For me, the important measurement is the water (or other liquid), and I add
    flour until I get the consistency I'm looking for. Both doughs were fairly wet,
    the pizza dough more so than the bread dough.

    --
    wff_ng_7 (at) verizon (dot) net

  2. "wff_ng_7" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:ev76i.4263$3B1.430@trnddc08...

    Quoted message said:

    Tonight I made imitation pizza. I'm calling it "imitation" pizza because
    otherwise I know Sheldon will say it is not "real" pizza! ;-)

    Grovel much?

  3. "cybercat" <[email hidden]> wrote :

    Quoted message said:


    "wff_ng_7" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:ev76i.4263$3B1.430@trnddc08...

    Quoted message said:

    Tonight I made imitation pizza. I'm calling it "imitation" pizza because
    otherwise I know Sheldon will say it is not "real" pizza! ;-)

    Grovel much?

    No, I just want to head him off at the pass... a preemptive strike, if you will.

    --
    wff_ng_7 (at) verizon (dot) net

  4. "wff_ng_7" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:Q786i.4271$3B1.1290@trnddc08...

    Quoted message said:

    "cybercat" <[email hidden]> wrote :

    Quoted message said:


    "wff_ng_7" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:ev76i.4263$3B1.430@trnddc08...

    Quoted message said:

    Tonight I made imitation pizza. I'm calling it "imitation" pizza because
    otherwise I know Sheldon will say it is not "real" pizza! ;-)

    Grovel much?

    No, I just want to head him off at the pass... a preemptive strike, if you
    will.

    The best thing to do with a miserable [censored] like Sheldon is to proceed as
    though his input has the value it really has--none at all.

  5. cyberSQUAT whinges:

    Quoted message said:

    "wff_ng_7" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:Q786i.4271$3B1.1290@trnddc08...

    Quoted message said:

    "cybercat" <[email hidden]> wrote :

    Quoted message said:


    "wff_ng_7" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:ev76i.4263$3B1.430@trnddc08...
    > Tonight I made imitation pizza. I'm calling it "imitation" pizza


    because

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > otherwise I know Sheldon will say it is not "real" pizza! ;-)
    >

    Grovel much?

    No, I just want to head him off at the pass... a preemptive strike, if


    you

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    will.

    The best thing to do with a miserable [censored] like Sheldon is to proceed


    as

    Quoted message said:

    though his input has the value it really has--none at all.

    Step in "it" much, dear...???

    --
    Best
    Greg

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.