Importing European touring bikes to U.S. Stupid idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Art Winterbauer <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> Some similarly styled bikes that reader Yannik pointed me to were:
>
> http://www.utopia-fahrrad.de/ http://www.batavus.nl http://www.pashley.co.uk/
> http://www.sparta.nl/

I threw together a web site with currently available "Eurobikes" in the U.S.. Basically the
selection is small and the prices are outrageous considering the compenentry, but "you get what you
get or you get nothing."

"http://nordicgroup.us/commutebike/"

Fuji has some very nice models that they don't sell in the U.S., including the only derailleur
equipped chromolloy model I could find. I sent an e-mail to the head of Fuji U.S. suggesting that
they consider selling some of their models here, now that Trek is doing so. I have little hope of a
positive response!