Impossible

Just Zis Guy

Guest
This evening my two sons and I went to choir practice on a bike. One bike. This is, according to the
Nugentoids of Cager IV, Impossible.

Between the bike and the headtorches (one each) there were seven lights. Clearly this is
Impossible too.

Along the route we didn't jump a single red light, ride on a pavement or use the main carriageway
where there was a cyclepath available. This, too, is Impossible.

It was raining slightly, dark and the temperature outside was about 6 degrees C. We got to the other
end warm and dry, and none of us smelt of sweat. This is, of course, Impossible.

On the plus side, a night ride with headtorches in the country (no street lighting) was Huge Fun :)

--
Guy http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk "Sic hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter
educatus et nimis propinquus ades"

In article <[email protected]>, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
<[email protected]> wrote:

snip

> On the plus side, a night ride with headtorches in the country (no street lighting) was
> Huge Fun :)

Enjoyed and I am envious - one son left at home and he rides a (motor) bike. The congregation would
be thankful that I didn't make it - I cannot sing:-(

--
A T (Sandy) Morton on the Bicycle Island In the Global Village http://www.sandymillport.fsnet.co.uk

> This evening my two sons and I went to choir practice on a bike. One
bike.
> This is, according to the Nugentoids of Cager IV, Impossible.

One assumes you can't afford a car.

Pete

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

> It was raining slightly, dark and the temperature outside was about 6 degrees C. We got to the
> other end warm and dry, and none of us smelt of sweat. This is, of course, Impossible.

I drip with sweat even when it's freezing. I ride too hard.

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
> This evening my two sons and I went to choir practice on a bike. One bike. This is, according to
> the Nugentoids of Cager IV, Impossible.
>
> Between the bike and the headtorches (one each) there were seven lights. Clearly this is
> Impossible too.
>
> Along the route we didn't jump a single red light, ride on a pavement or use the main carriageway
> where there was a cyclepath available. This, too, is Impossible.
>
> It was raining slightly, dark and the temperature outside was about 6 degrees C. We got to the
> other end warm and dry, and none of us smelt of sweat. This is, of course, Impossible.
>
> On the plus side, a night ride with headtorches in the country (no street lighting) was
> Huge Fun :)

Are you not supposed to do 6 impossible things before going to Milliways
--
Mark

I get ****** off occaisionally but it's much preferred to being ****** on.

"Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> writes:

>This evening my two sons and I went to choir practice on a bike. One bike. This is, according to
>the Nugentoids of Cager IV, Impossible.

I should try and find out if there is a photograph of my mum getting the 3 of us to school: one
toddler in a little seat on the handlebars, and 2 larger kids on the carrier rack (classic
Dutch bikes have sturdy carrier racks that will take an adult - so you can give someone a lift
even without a car, and it gives the person being carried a good excuse to hug the person
riding the bike :)

Roos

Peter B wrote:

>> This evening my two sons and I went to choir practice on a bike. One bike. This is, according to
>> the Nugentoids of Cager IV, Impossible.

> One assumes you can't afford a car.

Clearly not, having blown the money on a £1,500 three-seater bike ;-)

--
Guy http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk "Sic hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter
educatus et nimis propinquus ades"

>I should try and find out if there is a photograph of my mum getting the 3 of us to school:

When I was a small child, I have wonderful memories of my Dad taking me to school on his bike. I was
strapped into a childseat behind him and I *loved* the feeling of whizzing along.

Cheers, helen s

fortune h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o**l.c**$*$om$$

On 2003-11-22, dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers <[email protected]> wrote:
> When I was a small child, I have wonderful memories of my Dad taking me to school on his bike. I
> was strapped into a childseat behind him and I *loved* the feeling of whizzing along.

I'm not sure what the situation would be like on the trike when the time comes. On an upright, the
child on the back is sheltered to some extent by the adult, but a child on a trike panier mounted
seat would be higher than the adult, so would get a wonderful view but also the full breeze when
going fast.

- Richard

--
_/_/_/ _/_/_/ _/_/_/ Richard dot Corfield at ntlworld dot com _/ _/ _/ _/ _/_/ _/ _/ Time is a
one way street, _/ _/ _/_/ _/_/_/ Except in the Twighlight Zone.

Richard Corfield <[email protected]> writes:

>I'm not sure what the situation would be like on the trike when the time comes. On an upright, the
>child on the back is sheltered to some extent by the adult, but a child on a trike panier mounted
>seat would be higher than the adult, so would get a wonderful view but also the full breeze when
>going fast.

Get one with a windscreen: http://www.twoplustwo.uk.com/childseats/bobike-mini.html

Roos

Roos Eisma wrote:

> Richard Corfield <[email protected]> writes:
>
> >I'm not sure what the situation would be like on the trike when the time comes.

> Get one with a windscreen: http://www.twoplustwo.uk.com/childseats/bobike-mini.html

The revolutionary Click & Go system enables you to fit or remove this safe and practical windshield
in a trice.

It seems they have already considered the trice ;-)

BTW Richard, are you having the front fairing? I've just been out in the pouring rain and its great
for keeping the feet and legs dry.

John B

On 2003-11-23, JohnB <[email protected]> wrote:
> BTW Richard, are you having the front fairing? I've just been out in the pouring rain and its
> great for keeping the feet and legs dry.

Yep. Decided to get it last minute - given the weather at the moment. Expect to remove both the
fairing and the mudguards in summer though :)

- Richard