Impossible

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Just Zis Guy, Nov 21, 2003.

  1. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    This evening my two sons and I went to choir practice on a bike. One bike. This is, according to the
    Nugentoids of Cager IV, Impossible.

    Between the bike and the headtorches (one each) there were seven lights. Clearly this is
    Impossible too.

    Along the route we didn't jump a single red light, ride on a pavement or use the main carriageway
    where there was a cyclepath available. This, too, is Impossible.

    It was raining slightly, dark and the temperature outside was about 6 degrees C. We got to the other
    end warm and dry, and none of us smelt of sweat. This is, of course, Impossible.

    On the plus side, a night ride with headtorches in the country (no street lighting) was Huge Fun :)

    --
    Guy http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk "Sic hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter
    educatus et nimis propinquus ades"

    Tags:

  2. Sandy Morton

    Sandy Morton Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    snip

    > On the plus side, a night ride with headtorches in the country (no street lighting) was
    > Huge Fun :)

    Enjoyed and I am envious - one son left at home and he rides a (motor) bike. The congregation would
    be thankful that I didn't make it - I cannot sing:-(

    --
    A T (Sandy) Morton on the Bicycle Island In the Global Village http://www.sandymillport.fsnet.co.uk

  3. Peter B

    Peter B Guest

    > This evening my two sons and I went to choir practice on a bike. One
    bike.
    > This is, according to the Nugentoids of Cager IV, Impossible.

    One assumes you can't afford a car.

    Pete

  4. Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

    > It was raining slightly, dark and the temperature outside was about 6 degrees C. We got to the
    > other end warm and dry, and none of us smelt of sweat. This is, of course, Impossible.

    I drip with sweat even when it's freezing. I ride too hard.

  5. The Mark

    The Mark Guest

    Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
    > This evening my two sons and I went to choir practice on a bike. One bike. This is, according to
    > the Nugentoids of Cager IV, Impossible.
    >
    > Between the bike and the headtorches (one each) there were seven lights. Clearly this is
    > Impossible too.
    >
    > Along the route we didn't jump a single red light, ride on a pavement or use the main carriageway
    > where there was a cyclepath available. This, too, is Impossible.
    >
    > It was raining slightly, dark and the temperature outside was about 6 degrees C. We got to the
    > other end warm and dry, and none of us smelt of sweat. This is, of course, Impossible.
    >
    > On the plus side, a night ride with headtorches in the country (no street lighting) was
    > Huge Fun :)

    Are you not supposed to do 6 impossible things before going to Milliways
    --
    Mark

    I get pissed off occaisionally but it's much preferred to being pissed on.

  6. Roos Eisma

    Roos Eisma Guest

    "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> writes:

    >This evening my two sons and I went to choir practice on a bike. One bike. This is, according to
    >the Nugentoids of Cager IV, Impossible.

    I should try and find out if there is a photograph of my mum getting the 3 of us to school: one
    toddler in a little seat on the handlebars, and 2 larger kids on the carrier rack (classic
    Dutch bikes have sturdy carrier racks that will take an adult - so you can give someone a lift
    even without a car, and it gives the person being carried a good excuse to hug the person
    riding the bike :)

    Roos

  7. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    Peter B wrote:

    >> This evening my two sons and I went to choir practice on a bike. One bike. This is, according to
    >> the Nugentoids of Cager IV, Impossible.

    > One assumes you can't afford a car.

    Clearly not, having blown the money on a £1,500 three-seater bike ;-)

    --
    Guy http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk "Sic hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter
    educatus et nimis propinquus ades"

  8. >I should try and find out if there is a photograph of my mum getting the 3 of us to school:

    When I was a small child, I have wonderful memories of my Dad taking me to school on his bike. I was
    strapped into a childseat behind him and I *loved* the feeling of whizzing along.

    Cheers, helen s

  9. On 2003-11-22, dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers <[email protected]> wrote:
    > When I was a small child, I have wonderful memories of my Dad taking me to school on his bike. I
    > was strapped into a childseat behind him and I *loved* the feeling of whizzing along.

    I'm not sure what the situation would be like on the trike when the time comes. On an upright, the
    child on the back is sheltered to some extent by the adult, but a child on a trike panier mounted
    seat would be higher than the adult, so would get a wonderful view but also the full breeze when
    going fast.

    - Richard

    --
    _/_/_/ _/_/_/ _/_/_/ Richard dot Corfield at ntlworld dot com _/ _/ _/ _/ _/_/ _/ _/ Time is a
    one way street, _/ _/ _/_/ _/_/_/ Except in the Twighlight Zone.

  10. Roos Eisma

    Roos Eisma Guest

    Richard Corfield <[email protected]> writes:

    >I'm not sure what the situation would be like on the trike when the time comes. On an upright, the
    >child on the back is sheltered to some extent by the adult, but a child on a trike panier mounted
    >seat would be higher than the adult, so would get a wonderful view but also the full breeze when
    >going fast.

    Get one with a windscreen: http://www.twoplustwo.uk.com/childseats/bobike-mini.html

    Roos

  11. Johnb

    Johnb Guest

    Roos Eisma wrote:

    > Richard Corfield <[email protected]> writes:
    >
    > >I'm not sure what the situation would be like on the trike when the time comes.

    > Get one with a windscreen: http://www.twoplustwo.uk.com/childseats/bobike-mini.html

    The revolutionary Click & Go system enables you to fit or remove this safe and practical windshield
    in a trice.

    It seems they have already considered the trice ;-)

    BTW Richard, are you having the front fairing? I've just been out in the pouring rain and its great
    for keeping the feet and legs dry.

    John B

  12. On 2003-11-23, JohnB <[email protected]> wrote:
    > BTW Richard, are you having the front fairing? I've just been out in the pouring rain and its
    > great for keeping the feet and legs dry.

    Yep. Decided to get it last minute - given the weather at the moment. Expect to remove both the
    fairing and the mudguards in summer though :)

    - Richard