Impressed by Charles Dionne!!!

crit pro

Guest
Ok. I underestimated the talent and ability of Charles Dionne. The guy
is a very good pro.

About three-four years ago, I felt he was just one of many guys with
about the same talent in the second or third tier for US racing. I was
at his level around this time.

He won SFGP in 2002, I felt it was a great ride, but maybe a bit of a
fluke result. It was way better than he had ever done. Ekimov
personally attacked the snot out of the kid, but he hung tough, and
took the huge upset victory.

In 2003, the guy was a washout. Lots of health issues, and I felt as
if this flash in the pan had his 15 minutes of fame.

Well fast forward to T-Mobile International (SFGP) 2004. Webcor has 2
of the former 3 race champs. But they are a small team, and don't even
pay salary to all their riders. Most of them work day jobs. Seriously
outgunned for this level event. Or so I felt. I even smiled when
Dionne was quoted at the press conference that Webcor would win.

On September 12th, 2004 everything went Charles Dionne way. He had
teammate James Mattis do the ride of his life early and throughout the
day. I was better by far than Mattis two years ago. Well today I
followed wheels and only lasted 7 laps. This guy was on fire.
Healthnet took control, and Webcor was up to the challenge.

I am amazed by two wins in the four year history of the SFGP by one
Charles Dionne. The guy is one hell of a cyclist, and worthy of all
praise for the great ride today. Congrats Charley. Enjoy. You earned
it.

Crit Pro

Well you RBR PussMonkey I am impressed by your DNF..........

You probably would have dnf'ed the chicks race too!

On 9/12/04 5:00 PM, in article
[email protected], "crit pro"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Ok. I underestimated the talent and ability of Charles Dionne. The guy
> is a very good pro.
>
> About three-four years ago, I felt he was just one of many guys with
> about the same talent in the second or third tier for US racing. I was
> at his level around this time.
>
> He won SFGP in 2002, I felt it was a great ride, but maybe a bit of a
> fluke result. It was way better than he had ever done. Ekimov
> personally attacked the snot out of the kid, but he hung tough, and
> took the huge upset victory.
>
> In 2003, the guy was a washout. Lots of health issues, and I felt as
> if this flash in the pan had his 15 minutes of fame.
>
> Well fast forward to T-Mobile International (SFGP) 2004. Webcor has 2
> of the former 3 race champs. But they are a small team, and don't even
> pay salary to all their riders. Most of them work day jobs. Seriously
> outgunned for this level event. Or so I felt. I even smiled when
> Dionne was quoted at the press conference that Webcor would win.
>
> On September 12th, 2004 everything went Charles Dionne way. He had
> teammate James Mattis do the ride of his life early and throughout the
> day. I was better by far than Mattis two years ago. Well today I
> followed wheels and only lasted 7 laps. This guy was on fire.
> Healthnet took control, and Webcor was up to the challenge.
>
> I am amazed by two wins in the four year history of the SFGP by one
> Charles Dionne. The guy is one hell of a cyclist, and worthy of all
> praise for the great ride today. Congrats Charley. Enjoy. You earned
> it.
>
> Crit Pro

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] (crit pro) wrote:

> Ok. I underestimated the talent and ability of Charles Dionne. The guy
> is a very good pro.

(snipper)

Not the kind of post I've gotten used to seeing from CP. How about more
like this?

--
tanx,
Howard

"Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind."
Albert Einstein

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

I am not surprised at all that he won. He looked really good in
Vermont last weekend; won a field sprint in the circuit race, lost to
McCormack at the 100m mark on App Gap, and won the crit. We know he
can sprint, but his performance in the RR told me that he might have a
chance to win SF this year. In a couple of interviews I did with him,
he was really happy with his form and was eager to get to SF to win a
second title.

Congrats to Charles; a nice guy who has won one of the toughest 1-day
races TWICE!

Alan

[email protected] (crit pro) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Ok. I underestimated the talent and ability of Charles Dionne. The guy
> is a very good pro.
>
> About three-four years ago, I felt he was just one of many guys with
> about the same talent in the second or third tier for US racing. I was
> at his level around this time.
>
> He won SFGP in 2002, I felt it was a great ride, but maybe a bit of a
> fluke result. It was way better than he had ever done. Ekimov
> personally attacked the snot out of the kid, but he hung tough, and
> took the huge upset victory.
>
> In 2003, the guy was a washout. Lots of health issues, and I felt as
> if this flash in the pan had his 15 minutes of fame.
>
> Well fast forward to T-Mobile International (SFGP) 2004. Webcor has 2
> of the former 3 race champs. But they are a small team, and don't even
> pay salary to all their riders. Most of them work day jobs. Seriously
> outgunned for this level event. Or so I felt. I even smiled when
> Dionne was quoted at the press conference that Webcor would win.
>
> On September 12th, 2004 everything went Charles Dionne way. He had
> teammate James Mattis do the ride of his life early and throughout the
> day. I was better by far than Mattis two years ago. Well today I
> followed wheels and only lasted 7 laps. This guy was on fire.
> Healthnet took control, and Webcor was up to the challenge.
>
> I am amazed by two wins in the four year history of the SFGP by one
> Charles Dionne. The guy is one hell of a cyclist, and worthy of all
> praise for the great ride today. Congrats Charley. Enjoy. You earned
> it.
>
> Crit Pro

On 13 Sep 2004 10:22:10 -0700, [email protected] (Alan Atwood)
wrote:

>I am not surprised at all that he won. He looked really good in
>Vermont last weekend; won a field sprint in the circuit race, lost to
>McCormack at the 100m mark on App Gap, and won the crit. We know he
>can sprint, but his performance in the RR told me that he might have a
>chance to win SF this year. In a couple of interviews I did with him,
>he was really happy with his form and was eager to get to SF to win a
>second title.
>
>Congrats to Charles; a nice guy who has won one of the toughest 1-day
>races TWICE!

Twice at GMSR I was driving up the Sugarbush access road and saw
Dionne climbing it post race. And not just crawling up, he was
big-ringing some of the shallow stuff.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com

"crit pro" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> On September 12th, 2004 everything went Charles Dionne way. He had
> teammate James Mattis do the ride of his life early and throughout the
> day. I was better by far than Mattis two years ago. Well today I
> followed wheels and only lasted 7 laps. This guy was on fire.
> Healthnet took control, and Webcor was up to the challenge.

Maybe you should drink some urine. It might help.