Improved Recovery times & endurance ?

Feb 10, 2007
www.recoverysportsdrink.com

Worth a look, because Nathan Clarke, a pro cyclist, is giving us feedback that this product is helping him with his performance and most importantly recovery.

Interesting product because it's all natural and contains no banned substances.

peakperformance said:
www.recoverysportsdrink.com

Worth a look, because Nathan Clarke, a pro cyclist, is giving us feedback that this product is helping him with his performance and most importantly recovery.

Interesting product because it's all natural and contains no banned substances.
It seems very obvious that with only two postings and a name = peakperformance that you are selling a product. Take this snake oil to another party.

Jim R said:
What is the old saying - "a fool and his money are soon parted."
Indeed. That fool doesn't usually make too many repeat purchases, however...

vascdoc said:
It seems very obvious that with only two postings and a name = peakperformance that you are selling a product. Take this snake oil to another party.
Congratulations! More a case of introducing a product and let the person make up their own mind as to whether it's worth its salt. Snake Oil, I love it! The same kind of thinking was quite common back in the 70's and 80's when products like Gatorade and Powerade were introduced into the marketplace. "I dont need all that fancy ****, water is good enough... etc". That's fine, not pressuring anyone here, but take a look at a website and make up your own mind. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

sogood said:
Blatent advertising. Definite "don't buy" category.
G'Day - so when a product is being advertised you don't buy it? Advertising, love it or hate it, is (and always has been) the most effective way to introduce products and services to the marketplace, without advertising you'd have a system like communism where new products and services are listed in some kind of directory, without the usual yee harr about why you need this product or service, and none of the other stuff like what its benefits to you should be.

Interesting how different sports come back with different mentalities and feedback though...

peakperformance said:
Indeed. That fool doesn't usually make too many repeat purchases, however...

Congratulations! More a case of introducing a product and let the person make up their own mind as to whether it's worth its salt. Snake Oil, I love it! The same kind of thinking was quite common back in the 70's and 80's when products like Gatorade and Powerade were introduced into the marketplace. "I dont need all that fancy ****, water is good enough... etc". That's fine, not pressuring anyone here, but take a look at a website and make up your own mind. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

G'Day - so when a product is being advertised you don't buy it? Advertising, love it or hate it, is (and always has been) the most effective way to introduce products and services to the marketplace, without advertising you'd have a system like communism where new products and services are listed in some kind of directory, without the usual yee harr about why you need this product or service, and none of the other stuff like what its benefits to you should be.

Interesting how different sports come back with different mentalities and feedback though...

There's nothing wrong with advertising, in fact it must make up a significant amount of revenue off the internet and printed magazines, etc. However, a person selling a product and wanting to advertise it either asks the medium where they want to advertise it, or pays for the advertisement. As you appear to have done neither, we can only conclude you're a spammer and hence you're banned.

As regards your website, you have a virus running on it.

As regards your product it can't possibly help with recovery as it provides according to the nutrition panel 5 g of carbohydrate. As the requirement for recovery is ~ 1.5 g of carb per kg of body mass, you'd have to consume 21 pouches of your product for correct recovery.

So, yeah, snake oil.

Cheers
Ric

peakperformance said:
The concept is not snake oil, rather the suspecious means you have introduced it to this forum. For example of the three posts, all of them are involving the sale of this product.

"I'm from Nerang on the Gold Coast and cycle for fun.

I also market an interesting product that I feel is of great benefit to the cycling community because I have a pro cyclist using it and giving it rave reviews.

Take a look at www.recoverysportsdrink.com and make up your own mind from there.

Take care and stay safe !"

I personally use Accelerate (during performance) and Endurox (recovery).

The concept of the product is not snake oil. However, your promotion of it is a con.

peakperformance said:
Obviously you have no understanding of the basic etiquette of a web forum.

Advertising disguised as a regular forum member post is looked down upon, and is exactly what you've done. Forums are not created for your advertising needs. If you want to advertise, then go and see the forum owner and pay for your ad space. [plonk]

I'm based in Sydney too (Tamarama) - and have come across that drink product this guy's trying to introduce here...

If you're familiar with Hydralyte, this A.C.T. drink bears some similarities in what the product does, helps with dehydration and recovery.
Haven't tried Endurox though - i tend to have an open mind with things like that, nothing ventured nothing gained.

Suppose they had to ban him off this forum because that ACT drink is being marketed in a network marketing / direct selling kind of business model where you get individuals peddling the product rather than the traditional retail channels or warehouse mail order.

I'm in a couple of surfing forums, so I too am a little confused about the looking down on somebody who comes in and introduces a product in more subtle way rather than plonking product details and prices straight into a message. There's actually some interesting boardriding products I've come across through some of the Aussie and yank surfing forums that you don't see very widely advertised in the mainstream media.