improving cadence

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Rowchuck, Mar 24, 2003.

  1. Andymorris

    Andymorris Guest

    Peter Cole wrote:
    > The best approach is not to follow arbitrary rules, but to listen to your body and do what works.
    > For a developing cyclist, this is likely to change with time, trying to set a particular pedaling
    > rate at the outset doesn't strike me as a useful thing to do.

    If i'm trying to pace myself and keep a good cadence, I try to pedal so that I never feel any
    presure on my feet or strain in my legs. After a while you can keep up a good pace and up your heart
    rate with very little strain on your knees or muscles.

    --
    Andy Morris

    AndyAtJinkasDotFreeserve.Co.UK