Improving speed of 2006 CRX2



apps71

New Member
Jan 9, 2007
1
0
0
I have a std 2006 Giant CRX 2 which I am looking to do some longer road rides on (50-100Km) and i would love to hear from anyone with ideas on what i could do to the bike to make it faster.

Thanks, Apples.
 

Phill P

New Member
Jul 9, 2006
513
0
0
45
Tune the engine, and get nicer tires, don't know the spec but some mid range wheels (neuvations or zondas) may help.
 

bobbyOCR

New Member
Aug 31, 2005
1,357
0
0
31
Phill P said:
Tune the engine, and get nicer tires, don't know the spec but some mid range wheels (neuvations or zondas) may help.
Beat me to it.

Wear a very long tear drop helmet, wear a skinsuit, get clipless pedals, get clip on tri-bars, GET POSITIONED CORRECTLY, don't wear gloves, use Pro2race tyres, use correct tyre pressure, put a rear disk on, use a HED3 front wheel, thats about it.

Oh yeah, put a drink bottle on your seat tube ONLY
 

gclark8

New Member
Apr 13, 2004
3,522
3
0
72
I have a friend who just upgraded to a CRX 2 from an Avanti Blade. As far as we can see, all he needs to do now is change the fuel to Premium UnLeaded. ;)

He already has 23mm Conti Ultra Gator Skins. :D
 

bobbyOCR

New Member
Aug 31, 2005
1,357
0
0
31
gclark8 said:
I have a friend who just upgraded to a CRX 2 from an Avanti Blade. As far as we can see, all he needs to do now is change the fuel to Premium UnLeaded. ;)

He already has 23mm Conti Ultra Gator Skins. :D
Ultra gator skins are amongst the slowest tyres you can buy.
 

Jim R

New Member
Jul 26, 2004
55
0
0
A Kurt Kinetic trainer, a few Spinerval training DVD's and a regular structured training program. Anything else you could just go out an buy is hardly worth mentioning in comparison. If you really have some money to burn, maybe a Powertap power meter to start a power based training program.
 

CAMPYBOB

Well-Known Member
Sep 12, 2005
11,945
1,043
113
apps71 said:
i would love to hear from anyone with ideas on what i could do to the bike to make it faster.
Ride it. A lot.

Upgrade it a bit as you wear it out.

Regards,
Campybob
 

gclark8

New Member
Apr 13, 2004
3,522
3
0
72
bobbyOCR said:
Ultra gator skins are amongst the slowest tyres you can buy.
OK, go for GP4000s, he tried Michie Pro Race on his Avanti Blade but they were glass magnets. :D
 

bobbyOCR

New Member
Aug 31, 2005
1,357
0
0
31
gclark8 said:
OK, go for GP4000s, he tried Michie Pro Race on his Avanti Blade but they were glass magnets. :D
I just wanna see someone on a CRX in full TT kit with carbon wheels etc.
 

el Ingles

New Member
Oct 3, 2003
730
0
0
66
gclark8 said:
OK, go for GP4000s, he tried Michie Pro Race on his Avanti Blade but they were glass magnets. :D

silicon compounds are great but they do cut very easily - try the vitoria rubino pro , at least with these you´ll not be picking glass etc out of the tyre after every ride ( but you should check )

want to go faster ? get stronger or buy a motor .
 

smithsr

New Member
Mar 28, 2006
29
0
0
06 CRX2 was my first bike which was a great bike for the $. I'm with the get fitter stonger crowd as that is what has happened with me. For a SOF it goes great.