Improving speed of 2006 CRX2

apps71

Jan 9, 2007
I have a std 2006 Giant CRX 2 which I am looking to do some longer road rides on (50-100Km) and i would love to hear from anyone with ideas on what i could do to the bike to make it faster.

Thanks, Apples.

Tune the engine, and get nicer tires, don't know the spec but some mid range wheels (neuvations or zondas) may help.

Phill P said:
Tune the engine, and get nicer tires, don't know the spec but some mid range wheels (neuvations or zondas) may help.
Beat me to it.

Wear a very long tear drop helmet, wear a skinsuit, get clipless pedals, get clip on tri-bars, GET POSITIONED CORRECTLY, don't wear gloves, use Pro2race tyres, use correct tyre pressure, put a rear disk on, use a HED3 front wheel, thats about it.

Oh yeah, put a drink bottle on your seat tube ONLY

I have a friend who just upgraded to a CRX 2 from an Avanti Blade. As far as we can see, all he needs to do now is change the fuel to Premium UnLeaded. ;)

He already has 23mm Conti Ultra Gator Skins. :D

gclark8 said:
I have a friend who just upgraded to a CRX 2 from an Avanti Blade. As far as we can see, all he needs to do now is change the fuel to Premium UnLeaded. ;)

He already has 23mm Conti Ultra Gator Skins. :D
Ultra gator skins are amongst the slowest tyres you can buy.

A Kurt Kinetic trainer, a few Spinerval training DVD's and a regular structured training program. Anything else you could just go out an buy is hardly worth mentioning in comparison. If you really have some money to burn, maybe a Powertap power meter to start a power based training program.

apps71 said:
i would love to hear from anyone with ideas on what i could do to the bike to make it faster.
Ride it. A lot.

Upgrade it a bit as you wear it out.

Regards,
Campybob

bobbyOCR said:
Ultra gator skins are amongst the slowest tyres you can buy.
OK, go for GP4000s, he tried Michie Pro Race on his Avanti Blade but they were glass magnets. :D

gclark8 said:
OK, go for GP4000s, he tried Michie Pro Race on his Avanti Blade but they were glass magnets. :D
I just wanna see someone on a CRX in full TT kit with carbon wheels etc.

gclark8 said:

silicon compounds are great but they do cut very easily - try the vitoria rubino pro , at least with these you´ll not be picking glass etc out of the tyre after every ride ( but you should check )

want to go faster ? get stronger or buy a motor .

06 CRX2 was my first bike which was a great bike for the $. I'm with the get fitter stonger crowd as that is what has happened with me. For a SOF it goes great.