Improving your visibility while bike riding?

On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 03:22:11 GMT, Slugger <[email protected]> wrote:

>Look 'em in the eye Bob. You can take evasive action if you see they
>aren't looking at you. Mind you this appears to be harder on a bent.

And wear a headlamp while doing so! I wear a Petzl Tikka in anything
but broad daylight, and now feel safer at night than during daylight.
For getting noticed in daylight, you might consider a brighter
headlamp, like speologists wear. A headlamp also lets you see your
cycle computer/GPS at night, and comes in handy fixing punctures etc.

As for getting eye contact: I find that's actually easier on a 'bent,
but maybe the average European car is lower than its American
counterpart

In article <[email protected]>, Mark van
Gorkom <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 03:22:11 GMT, Slugger <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Look 'em in the eye Bob. You can take evasive action if you see they
> >aren't looking at you. Mind you this appears to be harder on a bent.

> And wear a headlamp while doing so! I wear a Petzl Tikka in anything
> but broad daylight, and now feel safer at night than during daylight.
> For getting noticed in daylight, you might consider a brighter
> headlamp, like speologists wear. A headlamp also lets you see your
> cycle computer/GPS at night, and comes in handy fixing punctures etc.
>
> As for getting eye contact: I find that's actually easier on a 'bent,
> but maybe the average European car is lower than its American
> counterpart

Mark I have only test driven the EZ Sport and the Koosah but I found
that having a full back support prevents you from turning and seeing
what is behind you. I had to lean forward and then turn to get a good
view.
I guess thats where the mirrors come in handy.

Slugger