In case you misssed it!

PiledHigher

Guest
In case they actual play the coverage and you miss out on Garry Gates
segement, the recipes are all here...
http://www21.sbs.com.au/tdf/?pid=taste

Wait, sorry I got that wrong, you missed out on tour coverage while
that was on.

Now why didn't they cover the soccer that way, for Italy vs Austtralia
we could have Stefano cooking pasta and Paul Hogan throwing some
shrimps on the barbie in the unvent first 88 minutes....

cfsmtb wrote:
> Cat. Pigeons. Throw.
>

> --
> cfsmtb

Did you notice that the work experience kid titled the commentators as
Phil Ligget and Phil Sherwen.

The british 5 time tour rider giving commentary at the end was
captioned as a 5 time tour winner...

The voice over for WA was given to the eastern states as well as there
horribly uninformative recap of the race to date.

They took forever to figure out that there wasn't a crash with Thor,
despite the fact that they replayed the finish a bunch of times, you
could see the hit with the PMU hand, the big red blotch on his arm and
that he grabbed at the arm on the line.

Add that to the replay of the end the last stage of last year (which I
assume was to cover up the fact that there contenders tape was useless
post removal of Ulrich & Basso et. al.)

Not a stellar performance so far... I know they have a lot of resources
tied up in germany but seems a shame to lose the plot on something that
they have done well in the past, built the audience for. They really
are becoming very commercilised ratings whores, case inpoint the test
debacles of last year.

Garry Gatt's segment was about 3mins last night. Was it longer last year?

PiledHigher wrote:
> cfsmtb wrote:
>
>>Cat. Pigeons. Throw.
>>

>>--
>>cfsmtb

> Did you notice that the work experience kid titled the commentators as
> Phil Ligget and Phil Sherwen.
>
> The british 5 time tour rider giving commentary at the end was
> captioned as a 5 time tour winner...
>
> The voice over for WA was given to the eastern states as well as there
> horribly uninformative recap of the race to date.
>
> They took forever to figure out that there wasn't a crash with Thor,
> despite the fact that they replayed the finish a bunch of times, you
> could see the hit with the PMU hand, the big red blotch on his arm and
> that he grabbed at the arm on the line.
>
> Add that to the replay of the end the last stage of last year (which I
> assume was to cover up the fact that there contenders tape was useless
> post removal of Ulrich & Basso et. al.)
>
> Not a stellar performance so far... I know they have a lot of resources
> tied up in germany but seems a shame to lose the plot on something that
> they have done well in the past, built the audience for. They really
> are becoming very commercilised ratings whores, case inpoint the test
> debacles of last year.

Plus on the first night that 10-20mins of people getting of the boat on
the river from the previous day. What the?

DaveB

DaveB said:
Plus on the first night that 10-20mins of people getting of the boat on
the river from the previous day. What the?

Stage 1 Highlights: We thought the tandem tearing along on a side road, parallel to the peloton, was terribly exciting. Or is that just us?

On 2006-07-03, cfsmtb (aka Bruce)
> DaveB Wrote:
>>
>> Plus on the first night that 10-20mins of people getting of the boat
>> on
>> the river from the previous day. What the?

Not happy with SBS right now...

> Stage 1 Highlights: We thought the tandem tearing along on a side road,
> parallel to the peloton, was terribly exciting. Or is that just us?

I thought it was cool.

I commented on them somewhere in my meta comments here:
http://tau-iota-mu-c.livejournal.com/38524.html
(hmmm, my comments didn't get accepted by the www.electronsoup.net
link I included in that blog entry)

Lucky bastards. Almost the best possibly way to see the tour.

--
TimC
I bet the human brain is a kludge.