"In Defense of Sandra Lee"

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 13:01:06 -0600, me <[email protected]> wrote:

>Article in the local free "alternative weekly" that may help explain
>how SL keeps a show on Food Network...
>
>http://www.citypages.com/databank/27/1310/article14025.asp
>
>Not that I happen to agree ...

Wow: " In another, she took cultural awareness to a new level by
pouring Corn Nuts (yes, the preferred convenience store snack of
Heathers everywhere) on a Kwanzaa cake. (Don't believe me? Run a
search on the Food Network website.)"

serene

me <[email protected]> looking for trouble wrote in news:sd55117-
[email protected]:

> Article in the local free "alternative weekly" that may help explain
> how SL keeps a show on Food Network...
>
> http://www.citypages.com/databank/27/1310/article14025.asp
>
> Not that I happen to agree ...
>
> sd

Bwwwwwwwaaaaaahhhhhhaaaa... Cody sounds like a complete idiot. She needs
to mimic the unpretentious <smirk> style of Sandra Lee. IMO her style is
not unpretentious but kitchen ignorant.

Michael

--
Pics aren't great but here are 2 of my 4 brats.
Hoot about to ****** the snack out of my mouth:

Ramsey ever curious about electronics breaking into the TMobile bag:
http://tinypic.com/jtrwgn.jpg

On 2006-01-15, me <[email protected]> wrote:
> Article in the local free "alternative weekly" that may help explain
> how SL keeps a show on Food Network...

Another wordsmith with nothing to say.

Food network has her on because much of their lineup is **** and she
fits right in. Her cooking is *not* "how most of America actually
cooks". Most of America is not that stupid.

nb

serene wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 13:01:06 -0600, me <[email protected]> wrote:
> Wow: " In another, she took cultural awareness to a new level by
> pouring Corn Nuts (yes, the preferred convenience store snack of
> Heathers everywhere) on a Kwanzaa cake. (Don't believe me? Run a
> search on the Food Network website.)"

I'm remembering now why I don't have cable... ;)

Karen MacInerney
Kitchen experimenter, family chauffeur, and culinary mystery author
www.karenmacinerney.com

On 15 Jan 2006 15:14:49 -0800, "Karen MacInerney"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>serene wrote:
>> On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 13:01:06 -0600, me <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Wow: " In another, she took cultural awareness to a new level by
>> pouring Corn Nuts (yes, the preferred convenience store snack of
>> Heathers everywhere) on a Kwanzaa cake. (Don't believe me? Run a
>> search on the Food Network website.)"
>>

>I'm remembering now why I don't have cable... ;)

Heh. Yep. I'm pretty clueless about all things TV (except for the
handful of shows I watch with my partner on DVD at his house -- The
West Wing, Lost, Alias, Buffy...)

serene

notbob wrote:
> Food network has her on because much of their lineup is **** and she
> fits right in. Her cooking is *not* "how most of America actually
> cooks". Most of America is not that stupid.

Um...

Mr. Mencken says you're wrong.

So do Mr. McDonald's, Mr. Frozen Pizza, and Mr. Twinkie...

--Blair
"The 'good food' aisle at the supermarket is not very long..."

"Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan" <[email protected]> writes:

>Bwwwwwwwaaaaaahhhhhhaaaa... Cody sounds like a complete idiot. She needs
>to mimic the unpretentious <smirk> style of Sandra Lee. IMO her style is
>not unpretentious but kitchen ignorant.

Yeah, what was that "unpretentious" about? The woman is one of the
most pretentious hosts on television, and I'm including Emeril and Bobby
Flay in that assessment. She won't even use a blender unless it's the
same color as her decor.
As for the article, it sounds like the author has been researching the
subject right here on RFC. Some of what was in the article was almost
verbatim from our discussions of the show.

Stacia

On 2006-01-16, Blair P. Houghton <[email protected]> wrote:

> Mr. Mencken says you're wrong.
>
> So do Mr. McDonald's, Mr. Frozen Pizza, and Mr. Twinkie...

I don't know who "Mr. Mencken" is, but I'll take a Big Mac and a
Twinkie any day before I'd eat some of the **** Sandy whips up.
Using tomato soup for spaghetti sauce and putting ice cream in beer is
simply absurd. There's no doubt in my mind she does a lot of it just
to create controversy and get attention. Anyone can make a salami
milkshake, but why would they?

nb

notbob wrote:
> On 2006-01-16, Blair P. Houghton <[email protected]> wrote:
> Using tomato soup for spaghetti sauce and putting ice cream in beer is
> simply absurd.

I've had beer milkshake. It's not bad, if you use the right beer.

> There's no doubt in my mind she does a lot of it just
> to create controversy and get attention.

That's what being 6 feet tall, skinny, and blonde does for her. The
cooking thing
is just so you won't think it's a still picture.

--Blair

Blair P. Houghton sez:

> I've had beer milkshake. It's not bad, if you use the right beer.

In Steinbeck's "Cannery Row," Doc drinks a beer milkshake near the end of
the novel; if I recall, he didn't much care for it.

I like good beer. I like milkshakes. But not, I think, together.

Spitz
--
"Home, James, and don't spare the horses!"

On 2006-01-16, Blair P. Houghton <[email protected]> wrote:

> I've had beer milkshake. It's not bad, if you use the right beer.

Nonsense. How many have you had since? My two favorite foods are
beer and ice cream and I'd no more put them together than I'd put
ketchup on a banana cream pie. Sand-for-brains has to do this stuff
on purpose. No one with an ounce of good taste would mix the stuff
she does.

For example, the spaghetti sauce she did. She starts out sauteing
onions and garlic and adds mushrooms and ground beef and herbs. This
is dead on for the foundation of a good spaghetti sauce. All she had
to do is add canned spaghetti sauce or just plain ol' canned tomato
sauce or paste or puree. But, no. She adds a can of tomato soup!
What a load of ****. Who do you know that would go through all that
effort only to ruin it up with canned soup? She's ridiculous.

nb

notbob wrote:
> On 2006-01-15, me <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Article in the local free "alternative weekly" that may help explain
> > how SL keeps a show on Food Network...

> Another wordsmith with nothing to say.
>
> Food network has her on because much of their lineup is **** and she
> fits right in. Her cooking is *not* "how most of America actually
> cooks". Most of America is not that stupid.
>
> nb

Actually, I am convinced she is satire.
-L.

notbob wrote:
> On 2006-01-16, Blair P. Houghton <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Mr. Mencken says you're wrong.
> >
> > So do Mr. McDonald's, Mr. Frozen Pizza, and Mr. Twinkie...

> I don't know who "Mr. Mencken" is, but I'll take a Big Mac and a
> Twinkie any day before I'd eat some of the **** Sandy whips up.
> Using tomato soup for spaghetti sauce and putting ice cream in beer is
> simply absurd. There's no doubt in my mind she does a lot of it just
> to create controversy and get attention. Anyone can make a salami
> milkshake, but why would they?
>
> nb

I've seen where she makes a root-beer float on her beer show, but when
did she ever put ice-cream in regular beer?

On 2006-01-16, tsr3 <[email protected]> wrote:

> I've seen where she makes a root-beer float on her beer show, but when
> did she ever put ice-cream in regular beer?

Well, don't I feel stupid! I didn't see the beer show and obviously
mis-read the thread bashing her for her root beer float. I've seen
a couple other shows, though, and she's still ridiculous. I quit
watching.

nb

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 19:13:21 -0600, notbob <[email protected]> wrote:

>On 2006-01-16, tsr3 <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> I've seen where she makes a root-beer float on her beer show, but when
>> did she ever put ice-cream in regular beer?

>Well, don't I feel stupid! I didn't see the beer show and obviously
>mis-read the thread bashing her for her root beer float. I've seen
>a couple other shows, though, and she's still ridiculous. I quit
>watching.
>
>nb

I rarely watch her, but I must admit she has two obvious talents.

modom

In article <[email protected]>,
modom <somebody> wrote:

>I rarely watch her, but I must admit she has two obvious talents.

Rachel Ray's are obviouser.

-A