"In Defense of Sandra Lee"

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by me, Jan 15, 2006.

  1. Nancy Young

    Nancy Young Guest

    "axlq" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > modom <somebody> wrote:
    >>
    >>I rarely watch her, but I must admit she has two obvious talents.

    >
    > Rachel Ray's are obviouser.
    >
    > -A


    I'm just going to have to assume you two are not talking
    about the same talents.

    nancy
     


  2. Scott

    Scott Guest

  3. Mark D

    Mark D Guest

    I don't know who "Mr. Mencken" is, but I'll take a Big Mac and a Twinkie
    any day before I'd eat some of the crap Sandy whips up. Using tomato
    soup for spaghetti sauce and putting ice cream in beer is simply absurd.
    There's no doubt in my mind she does a lot of it just to create
    controversy and get attention. Anyone can make a salami milkshake, but
    why would they?
    nb
    ======================================

    Sure, Sandra Lee ain't no Julia Child, but I'll tell you what, I
    certainly wouldn't throw her out of bed if she put Ice Cream in my Beer!
    ;-)
    Mark
     
  4. notbob

    notbob Guest


    > Sure, Sandra Lee ain't no Julia Child, but I'll tell you what, I
    > certainly wouldn't throw her out of bed if she put Ice Cream in my Beer!


    I would. That's cruelty to comestibles.

    nb
     
  5. modom

    modom Guest

    On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 21:43:00 -0500, "Nancy Young"
    <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >"axlq" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >> In article <[email protected]>,
    >> modom <somebody> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>I rarely watch her, but I must admit she has two obvious talents.

    >>
    >> Rachel Ray's are obviouser.


    >I'm just going to have to assume you two are not talking
    >about the same talents.
    >

    Don't know what axlq's talking about. I'm talking about what Joe Bob
    Briggs ( http://www.joebobbriggs.com/index2.asp ) has been talking
    about since Geraldine Ferraro was a vice-presidential candidate and
    quoting his observations about her talents got Molly Ivins bleeped on
    the PBS New Hour.


    modom
     
  6. King's Crown

    King's Crown Guest

  7. Chloe

    Chloe Guest

    "notbob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On 2006-01-16, Blair P. Houghton <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Mr. Mencken says you're wrong.
    >>
    >> So do Mr. McDonald's, Mr. Frozen Pizza, and Mr. Twinkie...

    >
    > I don't know who "Mr. Mencken" is...


    "No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public."
     
  8. notbob

    notbob Guest

    On 2006-01-24, Chloe <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > "No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public."


    .....or assuming it has none! Thnx, Chloe.

    nb
     
  9. No, it's just her skinny ass and blonde hair.

    I watched her show tonight, all the way through.

    Lowest point: she's caramelizing some orange slices, and she says "if
    you don't have orange juice, you can use water and orange extract."

    Huh? Wha?

    If I have oranges, I have orange juice; and if I'm a slacker cook, I'm
    way less likely to have orange extract than OJ...

    --Blair
     
  10. Blair P. Houghton wrote:
    > No, it's just her skinny ass and blonde hair.
    >
    > I watched her show tonight, all the way through.
    >
    > Lowest point: she's caramelizing some orange slices, and she says "if
    > you don't have orange juice, you can use water and orange extract."
    >
    > Huh? Wha?
    >
    > If I have oranges, I have orange juice; and if I'm a slacker cook, I'm
    > way less likely to have orange extract than OJ...
    >
    > --Blair
    >


    yes, but this is snadra we are talking about. she rarely makes sense.

    --

    saerah

    http://anisaerah.blogspot.com/

    "Peace is not an absence of war, it is a virtue, a state of mind, a
    disposition for benevolence, confidence, justice."
    -Baruch Spinoza

    "There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly
    what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear
    and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There
    is another theory which states that this has already happened."
    -Douglas Adams
     
Loading...