In Need of Advice

Mattski11

Apr 15, 2014
Hey guys, i am going to be purchasing a new bike soon but I am stuck between a few bikes. Specialized Allez Comp Smartweld, Scott Cr 1 20, and Trek Domane 2.0. If you have any personal experience with any of these bikes let me know! Thanks a lot!
big-smile.png

The Scott at least uses 105 shifters and rear derailleur which is better than the Tiagra; I also am not hip on aluminum frames and the Scott isn't aluminum.

If you live in the US you could get a bit nicer bike than even the Scott if mail order doesn't bother you. Bikes Direct has all sorts of bikes like this one: http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/motobecane/sprint-cf-pro-xv.htm
But sizes are limited in a lot of their bikes so check carefully.

Originally Posted by Froze

Bikes Direct has all sorts of bikes like this one: http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/motobecane/sprint-cf-pro-xv.htm
But sizes are limited in a lot of their bikes so check carefully.
Thats a sweet deal, there are a bunch of other bikes on their site worth checking out to.

Originally Posted by Mattski11
Hey guys, i am going to be purchasing a new bike soon but I am stuck between a few bikes. Specialized Allez Comp Smartweld, Scott Cr 1 20, and Trek Domane 2.0. If you have any personal experience with any of these bikes let me know! Thanks a lot!
big-smile.png
Excellent, excellent, excellent choices. :)

IMO, these are some of the best price-performance ratio bikes on the market.

In an objective sense, the scott is a bit of an 'outlier' in the sense that it's the lone carbon bike among the 3, and the highest spec with 105. It's also backed by REI's satisfaction guarantee and 10% end of year refund.

Then again, all 3 bikes are unique with the spec. a race bike, the trek an endurance bike, and the scott a carbon race bike.

Have you test ridden any of the 3? Look forward to your impressions.

Reactions: steve
The Specialized Allez Comp Smartweld is a solid choice, known for its stiffness and power transfer efficiency. The Scott CR 1 20, on the other hand, offers a smoother ride with its vibration-dampening carbon frame. The Trek Domane 2.0 is designed for endurance rides with its adjustable IsoSpeed decoupler. If you're looking for a tandem, I'd recommend a Santana or a Co-Motion. They're the top dogs in the tandem industry, known for their superior build quality and ride characteristics. Always remember to check the fit and geometry of the bike, especially for a tandem where both riders' positions need to be in harmony. Cheers!