In praise of Park Home repair stands

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Cletus D . Lee, Jan 22, 2003.

  1. In hindsight, I can believe I waited this long for a real repair stand. I got a little Christmas
    cash that was burning a hole in my pocket so I treated my self to a Park _DeeLuxe_ Home Mechanic
    Repair Stand (PCS-4) and special ordered with an extreme range Repair Stand Clamp (100-5X)

    Life is good.

    - Bellaire, TX USA -

    Tags:

  2. Shwackman

    Shwackman Guest

    >In hindsight, I can believe I waited this >long for a real repair stand.
    AMEN to that Cletus. I had actually built an SWB without one before I saw the light. Now the only
    thing I don't use it for, is airing up the tires! A bike mechanic friend loaned me his for a week
    while goin' outta town, "try this, you'll never go w/out again". That was two years ago,I bought
    one,and I have used it almost daily since. Mark C.

  3. Schodges

    Schodges Guest

    "Cletus D. Lee" <[email protected]> > In hindsight, I can believe I waited this long for a real
    repair stand.
    > I got a little Christmas cash that was burning a hole in my pocket so I treated my self to a Park
    > _DeeLuxe_ Home Mechanic Repair Stand (PCS-4) and special ordered with an extreme range Repair
    > Stand Clamp (100-5X)
    >
    > Life is good.
    After wrestling with hooks and ropes, a homemade wooden stand and leaning the bike against the
    car or flipping it over with bars and seat top on the garage floor, I gave up and bit the bullet
    as well. A bit pricy at $400 for the pair but with my Ti Pursuit maintube at 2.1" and Aeros at
    3" it is the only way to go. Have to use the clamp upside down though as my control cables are
    on the bottom. Unless you work a deal with a shop, you end up with a "spare" DF clamp also. In
    theory you can buy the stand sans clamp and in theory you can buy the oversize clamp from Park
    but they don't make it easy. The LBS can order it; Nashbar, Colorado Cyclist and Performance
    wouldn't.. It doesn't solve the remaining problem of need for orangutan arms to rotate the
    cranks and adjust the rear cluster at the same time. Steve

  4. Tom Thompson

    Tom Thompson Guest

    "Cletus D. Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > In hindsight, I can believe I waited this long for a real repair stand. I got a little Christmas
    > cash that was burning a hole in my pocket so I treated my self to a Park _DeeLuxe_ Home Mechanic
    > Repair Stand (PCS-4) and special ordered with an extreme range Repair Stand Clamp (100-5X)
    >
    > Life is good.

    I have the same stand, left over from the upright days. It will hold my TE, however not as securely
    as I'd like. Still fooling around with ways to stabilize the bike. Biggest oproblem is that the COG
    is very close to clamp height.

    Tom Thompson

  5. Don

    Don Guest

    Cletus D. Lee wrote:

    > In hindsight, I can believe I waited this long for a real repair stand. I got a little Christmas
    > cash that was burning a hole in my pocket so I treated my self to a Park _DeeLuxe_ Home Mechanic
    > Repair Stand (PCS-4) and special ordered with an extreme range Repair Stand Clamp (100-5X)
    >
    > Life is good.

    I have been using a self made wooden clamp system that tips down from my basement ceiling for
    conventional bikes. Not always the most convenient. The Park Repair Stand does look like a
    great tool.

    Has anyone found a convenient way to hold a Bacchetta Giro using this stand?

    Don Carden New Bacchetta Giro owner Newton, KS

  6. Ben Fox

    Ben Fox Guest

    I bought a blackburn folding stand from Pricepoint for about $100. It hangs on the wall when no
    needed ,clamps up to a 2" tube and came with a tool tray. I've had every kind of bent you can
    imagine on it,even my Troika trike was built mounted to this stand. This trike is about 10' long and
    the stand held it ,no problem. ben fox "Tom Thompson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Cletus D. Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > In hindsight, I can believe I waited this long for a real repair stand. I got a little Christmas
    > > cash that was burning a hole in my pocket so I treated my self to a Park _DeeLuxe_ Home Mechanic
    > > Repair Stand (PCS-4) and special ordered with an extreme range Repair Stand Clamp (100-5X)
    > >
    > > Life is good.
    > >
    > I have the same stand, left over from the upright days. It will hold my
    TE,
    > however not as securely as I'd like. Still fooling around with ways to stabilize the bike. Biggest
    > oproblem is that the COG is very close to
    clamp
    > height.
    >
    > Tom Thompson

  7. Dave Is Here

    Dave Is Here Guest

    Not sure if will work in your case but I have hung a couple of straps from hooks in the ceiling and
    suspend bikes from them.

    Seems to hold things pretty steady for many repairs and tuneups. Let gravity do the work, instead of
    clamping nice paint finishes. Dave

    "Tom Thompson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > "Cletus D. Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    snip
    > > I treated my self to a Park _DeeLuxe_ Home Mechanic Repair Stand (PCS-4)
    > > and special ordered with an extreme range Repair Stand Clamp (100-5X)
    > >
    > > Life is good.
    > >
    > I have the same stand, left over from the upright days. It will hold my TE, however not as
    > securely as I'd like. Still fooling around with ways to stabilize the bike. Biggest oproblem is
    > that the COG is very close to clamp height.
    >
    > Tom Thompson

  8. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
    > The Park Repair Stand does look like a great tool.
    >
    > Has anyone found a convenient way to hold a Bacchetta Giro using this stand?

    The Park Repair Stand Clamp (100-5X)

    - Bellaire, TX USA -