In praise of the new narrow Campy 10 chain

D'ohBoy

Guest
I had been riding Wipperman 10s chains for a while and when asked what
I wanted for Xmas last year I said 'Campy Record 10s narrow chain and
a Superlink III'.

Put it on the other day. OMG! Silence. Utter silence from the
drivetrain. Have done a shorter ride and a Century with it so far and
yowza!

Glorious to someone who's borderline clinical OCD.

D'ohBoy

On 7 May 2007 07:07:50 -0700, D'ohBoy <[email protected]> wrote:

> had been riding Wipperman 10s chains for a while and when asked what
>I wanted for Xmas last year I said 'Campy Record 10s narrow chain and
>a Superlink III'.
>
>Put it on the other day. OMG! Silence. Utter silence from the
>drivetrain. Have done a shorter ride and a Century with it so far and
>yowza!

You would also be surprised how quiet a KMC DX10S will work and it
comes with a removable link.

On May 7, 10:36 am, Paul Kopit <[email protected]> wrote:
> On 7 May 2007 07:07:50 -0700, D'ohBoy <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > had been riding Wipperman 10s chains for a while and when asked what
> >I wanted for Xmas last year I said 'Campy Record 10s narrow chain and
> >a Superlink III'.

> >Put it on the other day. OMG! Silence. Utter silence from the
> >drivetrain. Have done a shorter ride and a Century with it so far and
> >yowza!

> You would also be surprised how quiet a KMC DX10S will work and it
> comes with a removable link.

Rode the KMC and didn't like it. Noisy as hell (for me, on my
bikes). YMMV and obviously does.

D'ohBoy