In search of a left crank

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by J G, Sep 29, 2004.

  1. J G

    J G Guest

    To be precice: (In descending order:)
    A SQUARE taper black 175mm Race Face North Shore XS crank?
    A square taper 175mm left Race Face crank of any model or color?
    A square taper 175mm left crank of any Mfg. (that is not a total POS)

    Race Face no longer makes square taper cranks and no LBS around these parts
    has anything in thier parts bin that is remorely suitible for my use, so I'm
    SOL getting my 29ër SS up and running without purchasing a complete new set
    of cranks, which I cannot do without SWMBO removing anatomical features from
    my person.

    --
    JG (Yes begging and groveling)

    Tags:

  2. David

    David Guest

    "J G" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > To be precice: (In descending order:)
    > A SQUARE taper black 175mm Race Face North Shore XS crank?
    > A square taper 175mm left Race Face crank of any model or color?
    > A square taper 175mm left crank of any Mfg. (that is not a total POS)
    >
    > Race Face no longer makes square taper cranks and no LBS around these parts

    Around what parts? Good chance somebody local to you has something they'd
    part with. I probably do. Mine would be last one the list though, and might not
    be what you want (probably 80s Deore).

  3. J G

    J G Guest

    > Around what parts?

    Memphis.

    > Good chance somebody local to you has something they'd
    > part with.

    I tried 8 local shops all had cheapo replacements of moderate to inferior
    quality.
    Tried local rider groups, ditto. I've snapped enough cranks to know not to
    ride crap, but I'm in a bind......

    SOMEBODY out there MUST have an old NorthShoreXS left crank collecting dust
    on a shelf. I just need to find them

  4. jw

    jw Guest

    I have an old xtr (last iteration of the 8 speed) set that is fine except
    for worn chainrings and worn anodizing/paint.

    "J G" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > To be precice: (In descending order:)
    > A SQUARE taper black 175mm Race Face North Shore XS crank?
    > A square taper 175mm left Race Face crank of any model or color?
    > A square taper 175mm left crank of any Mfg. (that is not a total POS)
    >
    > Race Face no longer makes square taper cranks and no LBS around these

    parts
    > has anything in thier parts bin that is remorely suitible for my use, so

    I'm
    > SOL getting my 29ër SS up and running without purchasing a complete new

    set
    > of cranks, which I cannot do without SWMBO removing anatomical features

    from
    > my person.
    >

    > --
    > JG (Yes begging and groveling)

  5. J G

    J G Guest

    "jw" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I have an old xtr (last iteration of the 8 speed) set that is fine except
    > for worn chainrings and worn anodizing/paint.

    Thanks but there is no sense in breaking up an otherwise good pair for just
    a left arm.