In search of a left crank

J G

Guest
To be precice: (In descending order:)
A SQUARE taper black 175mm Race Face North Shore XS crank?
A square taper 175mm left Race Face crank of any model or color?
A square taper 175mm left crank of any Mfg. (that is not a total POS)

Race Face no longer makes square taper cranks and no LBS around these parts
has anything in thier parts bin that is remorely suitible for my use, so I'm
SOL getting my 29ër SS up and running without purchasing a complete new set
of cranks, which I cannot do without SWMBO removing anatomical features from
my person.

--
JG (Yes begging and groveling)

"J G" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> To be precice: (In descending order:)
> A SQUARE taper black 175mm Race Face North Shore XS crank?
> A square taper 175mm left Race Face crank of any model or color?
> A square taper 175mm left crank of any Mfg. (that is not a total POS)
>
> Race Face no longer makes square taper cranks and no LBS around these parts

Around what parts? Good chance somebody local to you has something they'd
part with. I probably do. Mine would be last one the list though, and might not
be what you want (probably 80s Deore).

> Around what parts?

Memphis.

> Good chance somebody local to you has something they'd
> part with.

I tried 8 local shops all had cheapo replacements of moderate to inferior
quality.
Tried local rider groups, ditto. I've snapped enough cranks to know not to
ride ****, but I'm in a bind......

SOMEBODY out there MUST have an old NorthShoreXS left crank collecting dust
on a shelf. I just need to find them

I have an old xtr (last iteration of the 8 speed) set that is fine except
for worn chainrings and worn anodizing/paint.

"jw" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> I have an old xtr (last iteration of the 8 speed) set that is fine except
> for worn chainrings and worn anodizing/paint.

Thanks but there is no sense in breaking up an otherwise good pair for just
a left arm.