In the Bible, does Jesus say abortion is wrong?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by United we Stand, Feb 22, 2005.

  1. In the Bible, does Jesus say abortion is wrong?

    Tags:

  2. If we believe you religious fruitcakes, then abortion is MURDER, which means
    it must be allright, because the bible is the word of the WORST MASS
    MURDERER of all time, god.

    "United we Stand" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > In the Bible, does Jesus say abortion is wrong?

  3. BanditManDan

    BanditManDan New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 1, 2004
    Take this conversation to a religous forum!

  4. On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 03:48:06 -0800, United we Stand
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >In the Bible, does Jesus say abortion is wrong?

    No. He said that the anti-abortionists are wrong.

  5. Zadok

    Zadok Guest

    "United we Stand" <> wrote in message ...

    > In the Bible, does Jesus say abortion is wrong?

    After saying:

    why do atheists give themselves numbers like

    > AA #2104
    > Apatriot #22
    > Atheist #3

    do these totalitarian commie red lib bastards feel insecure without a
    number?

    Of course a smart guy, like United, could go to bible gateway, pop in
    abortion, and see for ones self, if Jesus ever mentioned abortion.

    But as his atheist post shows, United is not the brightest spoke in the
    wheel.

    Smile.

  6. "United we Stand" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > In the Bible, does Jesus say abortion is wrong?

    More semantics, I see. After being verbally bitch-slapped for your
    stupidity, one would think you'd learn your lesson.

    --
    -Donald in Austin
    AA #2104

  7. Maggie

    Maggie Guest

    BanditManDan wrote:
    > United we Stand Wrote:
    > > In the Bible, does Jesus say abortion is wrong?

    > Take this conversation to a religous forum!
    >

    > --
    > BanditManDan

    How does this religious stuff get on here. Not that I am ever on
    topic, but at least I try. I start off on topic, it just winds around
    to something totally off topic. I have no control over that. ;-)
    All Good Things,
    Maggie

  8. Lazarus

    Lazarus Guest

    "United we Stand" <[email protected]> wrote...

    > In the Bible, does Jesus say abortion is wrong?

    Please do not feed the trolls.

  9. kathryn

    kathryn Guest

    "Zadok" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "United we Stand" <> wrote in message ...
    >
    >> In the Bible, does Jesus say abortion is wrong?

    > After saying:
    >
    > why do atheists give themselves numbers like
    >
    >> AA #2104
    >> Apatriot #22
    >> Atheist #3

    > do these totalitarian commie red lib bastards feel insecure without a
    > number?
    >

    > Of course a smart guy, like United, could go to bible gateway, pop in
    > abortion, and see for ones self, if Jesus ever mentioned abortion.
    >
    > But as his atheist post shows, United is not the brightest spoke in the
    > wheel.
    >
    > Smile.

    Got a social security number?

  10. Cartlon Shew

    Cartlon Shew Guest

    On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 13:13:40 GMT, "Zadok" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >"United we Stand" <> wrote in message ...
    >
    >> In the Bible, does Jesus say abortion is wrong?

    >After saying:
    >
    >why do atheists give themselves numbers like
    >
    >> AA #2104
    >> Apatriot #22
    >> Atheist #3

    >do these totalitarian commie red lib bastards feel insecure without a
    >number?
    >

    >Of course a smart guy, like United, could go to bible gateway, pop in
    >abortion, and see for ones self, if Jesus ever mentioned abortion.
    >
    >But as his atheist post shows, United is not the brightest spoke in the
    >wheel.

    Brightest spoke?

    >Smile.

    I am.

  11. doktorf

    doktorf Guest

    I don't think Jesus himself ever makes any reference to it.
    In the old testement, God hands Moses a rule book that commands that
    humans "not kill" and Jesus being a follower of Moses probably
    subscribed to that notion. "Not kill" is generally interpreted as "not
    commit murder". Murder is a very narrow, specific type of killing that
    is proscribed by law. Under current law in the United States, legal
    execution, killing in war, police shooting a criminal threatening the
    public safety, in some states euthanasia and , of course, abortion are
    not so defined. Now, I don't want to be accused by a theist of putting
    words in the mouth of the almighty, so I will try not to attach false
    interpretations to it. The commandment simply says "thou shalt not
    kill." That's as simple as it gets. It coveres everything right there.
    It is so general that it probably covers animals and plants (who also
    possess lives) as well as humans, so one is moved to wonder how God
    expects the humans to obtain nourishment. Obviously there is a
    contradiction between that and God's promise to Adam and Eve that they
    shall have dominion over all the other plants and animals, but perhaps
    his commandments to Moses were intended to over ride that. Christians
    say that the word of Jesus over rides the word of Moses, which brings
    us back to the fact that he never really went on the record on the
    issue one way or the other.

  12. Old Wolf

    Old Wolf Guest

    doktorf wrote:
    > I don't think Jesus himself ever makes any reference to it.
    > In the old testement, God hands Moses a rule book that commands

    that
    > humans "not kill" and Jesus being a follower of Moses probably
    > subscribed to that notion. "Not kill" is generally interpreted as

    "not
    > commit murder".
    >
    > Now, I don't want to be accused by a theist of putting
    > words in the mouth of the almighty, so I will try not to attach false
    > interpretations to it. The commandment simply says "thou shalt not
    > kill." That's as simple as it gets. It coveres everything right

    there.

    In today's bible, which has been translated umpteen times. Even if
    we had the original tablets God handed Moses, I doubt we will ever
    know the exact connotations of what is written on them.

    In conclusion -- it's all propaganda really, we cannot know if the
    commandment was "don't murder", or "don't kill", or anything else.

  13. duke

    duke Guest

    On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 03:48:06 -0800, United we Stand <[email protected]> wrote:

    >In the Bible, does Jesus say abortion is wrong?

    Yep - He said when you do to the least of mine, you do to me.

    duke
    *****
    Matthew 22
    14"For many are invited, but few are chosen."
    *****

  14. duke

    duke Guest

    On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 12:13:25 GMT, "SheBlewHimDidYouBlowHim"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >If we believe you religious fruitcakes, then abortion is MURDER, which means
    >it must be allright, because the bible is the word of the WORST MASS
    >MURDERER of all time, god.

    Of course not. God doesn't pull the trigger, man does.

    duke
    *****
    Matthew 22
    14"For many are invited, but few are chosen."
    *****

  15. In article <[email protected]>, duke
    said...

    > >If we believe you religious fruitcakes, then abortion is MURDER, which means
    > >it must be allright, because the bible is the word of the WORST MASS
    > >MURDERER of all time, god.

    > Of course not. God doesn't pull the trigger, man does.

    Fellow readers, won't you please donate to the "Save the Duke"
    foundation?

    Duke has a rare, disabling disorder which causes every single
    comment to fly straight over his head.

    --
    -----------
    Brian E. Clark

  16. doktorf

    doktorf Guest

    Well, that makes it even easier. If you can apply any meaning you want
    to what's in there, then you don't even need the book anymore. It's
    possible to be self-rightious without a reference text and easier to
    modify the stance on an ad hoc basis.

  17. junegill

    junegill Guest

  18. No. He doesn't mention the subject. The earliest explicit Christian
    condemnation of abortion, so far as I know, is in the Didache, in the early
    2nd century.

    He also didn't explicitly tell me to ride my bicycle regularly to a
    Milwaukee abortion clinic to pray.

    "United we Stand" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > In the Bible, does Jesus say abortion is wrong?

  19. duke

    duke Guest

    On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 19:38:01 -0500, Brian E. Clark <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >> >If we believe you religious fruitcakes, then abortion is MURDER, which means
    >> >it must be allright, because the bible is the word of the WORST MASS
    >> >MURDERER of all time, god.

    >> Of course not. God doesn't pull the trigger, man does.

    >Fellow readers, won't you please donate to the "Save the Duke"
    >foundation?

    I'd be glad to accept your donations.

    >Duke has a rare, disabling disorder which causes every single
    >comment to fly straight over his head.

    Well, I'm waiting with baited breath. Abortion is the most disgusting ultimate
    act of selfishness - butchering the unborn for the comfort and convenience of
    the mother.

    duke
    *****
    Matthew 22
    14"For many are invited, but few are chosen."
    *****

  20. duke

    duke Guest

    On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 02:54:08 +0000 (UTC), "junegill" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >So when you force an unwilling woman to go through the agony of childbirth,
    >you're forcing Jesus to go through that agony too?

    That was, and still is, a woman's choice.

    duke
    *****