In the Bible, does Jesus say abortion is wrong?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by United we Stand, Feb 22, 2005.

  1. Demonstrate you're handling the Bible in the proper manner, as so far
    all you've demonstrated is that you're an immoral control freak using
    the Bible for your own ends. Where in the Bible does it state that
    abortion is sanctioned?

  2. On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 03:38:21 GMT, [email protected] (Ray
    Fischer) was understood to have stated the following:

    >David W. Poole, Jr. <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> [email protected] (Ray Fischer) was understood to have stated the following:

    >>>Since I haven't stated mine yet it's obvious that you're just
    >>>bullshitting again.

    >>You're attacking my view,

    >I am attacking your pretense that you get to speak for God.
    >
    >You do not.

    And you do? Hypocrisy noted.

    >>>That much is mostly true.

    >>Or at least it would require manipulation, or a sperm donor with 23
    >>chromosomes.

    >But a fertilized egg isn't a human.

    Yes it is. It may not be a fully developed human, but it is a human.

    >>>It won't.

    >>What will it be, then? If a human egg is put in a petri dish and
    >>fertilized with a human sperm, and implanted in an ape for gestation,
    >>what will the result be?

    >A dead embryo.

    Will it be a human embryo, or an ape embryo?

    >>>And it's good to see you say that it would RESULT in a human and not
    >>>BE a human.

    >>A human is called many things during the period of it's existence.
    >>Zygote, embryo, fetus, infant, toddler, adolescent, adult, and corpse,
    >>to name a few.

    >Don't forget sperm and egg.

    Since sperm and egg cells are germs, they aren't humans.

    >Oh, wait, you think that you're the equal of God and that YOU get to
    >decide what is or is not a human being, regardless of law, tradition,
    >or society.
    >
    >You're just a self-centered control freak with delusions of godhood.

    You differ from this how? Provide a biblical reference that says
    abortion is ok.

    >>>You're not quoting the Bible. You're making up your own rules.

    >>Huh? My first participation in this thread in support of John 1:1-4 &
    >>14. How is that making up my own rules?

    >YOU tried to claim that those passages were some justification for
    >your desire to force peopel to do as you wish.

    You really need to learn how to read better. I'm not trying to get
    "peopel" to do as I wish. I was merely reiterating what a prior poster
    said, as well as stating that there isn't anything in the bible that
    advocates abortion, although there seems to be scripture that speaks
    against it. My problem, as stated before, is with your misapplication
    of God's word. Actually, it's not my problem, but it is why I
    initially posted.

    >>>No? What kind of life is it? Canine? Equine?

    >>It's germatic until a successful fertilization occurs.

    >So now you're reduced to making up silly words. Rather than just
    >admit that you might be wrong you resort to dishonesty.

    Sorry for the coined phrase; I misjudged you and thought you might be
    intelligent enough to get the drift. Let me try some smaller words and
    see if it's clearer to you. A human sperm cell is not a human; it's a
    germ.

    >That must be that "christian" morality I hear about.

    I guess you're only capable of hearing about it since you're not
    filled with the spirit.

  3. On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 03:32:47 GMT, [email protected] (Ray
    Fischer) was understood to have stated the following:

    >David W. Poole, Jr. <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> [email protected] (Ray Fischer)

    >>>Nothing in the Bible appoints you as ANY sort of judge about the rules
    >>>other people are expected to follow. In fact Jesus said more than
    >>>once that YOU are not to make the rules nor are you to make other
    >>>people obey rules you come up with.

    >>We are expected to correctly handle the word of truth,

    >What part of "you don't make the rules" are you too stupid to
    >understand?

    What part of "the rules are already made" are you too stupid to
    understand? Why are you trying to rewrite the rules, and then pass
    blame off on me?

    >> and anyone
    >>stating the Bible condones abortion is not properly handling it.

    >"Properly" according to you.

    You're right; I'm wrong. Handle the word the way you think is right,
    and have fun.

    >You're just an immoral control freak using the Bible for your own
    >ends.

    Hypocrisy again noted. Is that the best you can do?

  4. Ray Fischer

    Ray Fischer Guest

    David W. Poole, Jr. <[email protected]> wrote:
    > [email protected] (Ray Fischer) was understood to have stated the following:

    >>>You're attacking my view,

    >>I am attacking your pretense that you get to speak for God.
    >>
    >>You do not.

    >And you do?

    I don't claim to.

    >>>Or at least it would require manipulation, or a sperm donor with 23
    >>>chromosomes.

    >>But a fertilized egg isn't a human.

    >Yes it is.

    Stop lying. According to milenia of human legal and social tradition
    across the world, the life of a human being starts at birth.

    >>>A human is called many things during the period of it's existence.
    >>>Zygote, embryo, fetus, infant, toddler, adolescent, adult, and corpse,
    >>>to name a few.

    >>Don't forget sperm and egg.

    >Since sperm and egg cells are germs, they aren't humans.

    1) They are not germs.
    2) You're an idiot.

    >>Oh, wait, you think that you're the equal of God and that YOU get to
    >>decide what is or is not a human being, regardless of law, tradition,
    >>or society.
    >>
    >>You're just a self-centered control freak with delusions of godhood.

    >You differ from this how?

    I don't make up my own rules and expect others to obey.

    > Provide a biblical reference that says
    >abortion is ok.

    Numbers 5 describes a forced abortion. And there is what Jesus said
    in Matthew 5:39-41 and there's Exodus 20:17.

    All of which deny you ANY claim over a woman's body.

    >>>It's germatic until a successful fertilization occurs.

    >>So now you're reduced to making up silly words. Rather than just
    >>admit that you might be wrong you resort to dishonesty.

    >Sorry for the coined phrase; I misjudged you and thought you might be
    >intelligent enough to get the drift.

    I'm intelligent enouogh to know that you're full of shit.

    > Let me try some smaller words and
    >see if it's clearer to you. A human sperm cell is not a human; it's a
    >germ.

    LOL!

    1) The word you're trying to think of not "germ" but "gamete" or
    perhaps "germ cell".
    2) An embryo is no more a human than is an egg. The point which you
    were too "intelligent" to notice was that YOUR opinion about what
    marks the start of a human being isn't the truth. It's just the
    opinion of an egotistical idiot.

    --
    Ray Fischer
    [email protected]

  5. Ray Fischer

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Hugiboo <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> ultimate

    >> Let's take the case of a Brazilian woman in extreme poverty, who already has
    >> 7 children, 2 of whom are living in the sewers in Rio de Janeiro because she
    >> can't afford to feed them. She finds that she's pregnant again and if she
    >> carries to term at least one of her other children will be forced out onto
    >> the streets. Were she to abort to save her existing children, would that be
    >> the 'ultimate act of selfishness'?

    >That's a good example. We are faced with a tough decision; is one
    >life worth more than another? Is it right to murder one person to
    >save another? No. Is it right to murder one person to save ten
    >people? No. Is it right to murder one person to save a million
    >people? No.

    Is it right to enslave one person and force her to suffer in order to
    save the life of one possible person?

    No.

    Is it right for YOU to commit a crime for what you think is a good?

    No.

    --
    Ray Fischer
    [email protected]

  6. Ray Fischer

    Ray Fischer Guest

    David W. Poole, Jr. <[email protected]> wrote:
    > [email protected] (Ray Fischer) was understood to have stated the following:

    >>>We are expected to correctly handle the word of truth,

    >>What part of "you don't make the rules" are you too stupid to
    >>understand?

    >What part of "the rules are already made" are you too stupid to
    >understand?

    I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall
    smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. And
    if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let
    him have thy cloak also. And whosoever shall compel thee to go a
    mile, go with him twain. Give to him that asketh thee, and from
    him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.

    "Give to him that asketh thee"

    Got it? What do you do if a woman asks for an abortion? Here's a
    hint: Jesus's answer is quoted just above.

    > Why are you trying to rewrite the rules,

    False witness is a sin the equal of murder, and yet here you are lying
    about me in order to justify your hatred of women.

    >>You're just an immoral control freak using the Bible for your own
    >>ends.

    >Hypocrisy again noted.

    I'm not arguing that anybody do as I say, you lying coward.

    You are.

    --
    Ray Fischer
    [email protected]

  7. On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 07:23:48 GMT, [email protected] (Ray
    Fischer) was understood to have stated the following:

    >Is it right for YOU to commit a crime for what you think is a good?
    >
    >No.

    Hitler obviously thought murdering numerous jews was good. Does that
    mean he did not sin?

  8. On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 07:26:57 GMT, [email protected] (Ray
    Fischer) was understood to have stated the following:

    >David W. Poole, Jr. <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> [email protected] (Ray Fischer) was understood to have stated the following:

    >>>What part of "you don't make the rules" are you too stupid to
    >>>understand?

    >>What part of "the rules are already made" are you too stupid to
    >>understand?

    > I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall
    > smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. And
    > if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let
    > him have thy cloak also. And whosoever shall compel thee to go a
    > mile, go with him twain. Give to him that asketh thee, and from
    > him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.
    >
    >"Give to him that asketh thee"
    >
    >Got it? What do you do if a woman asks for an abortion? Here's a
    >hint: Jesus's answer is quoted just above.

    Hmm. So if that woman asks tells me you're the guy that raped and
    impregnated her, and asks me to kill you, then Jesus's answer would be
    for me to grant her wish?

    >> Why are you trying to rewrite the rules,

    >False witness is a sin the equal of murder, and yet here you are lying
    >about me in order to justify your hatred of women.

    Where have I expressed a hatred of women?

    >>>You're just an immoral control freak using the Bible for your own
    >>>ends.

    >>Hypocrisy again noted.

    >I'm not arguing that anybody do as I say, you lying coward.
    >
    >You are.

    No, but you are faulting me for your traits.

  9. On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 07:22:27 GMT, [email protected] (Ray
    Fischer) was understood to have stated the following:

    >David W. Poole, Jr. <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> [email protected] (Ray Fischer) was understood to have stated the following:

    >>>I am attacking your pretense that you get to speak for God.
    >>>
    >>>You do not.

    >>And you do?

    >I don't claim to.

    Nor do I. But I read enough to know that the Bible doesn't condone
    abortion, and it appears rather obvious that it condemns it. You argue
    that it doesn't, and so far haven't presented any compelling evidence
    to support your cause. Theological discussions are as much fun as
    political ones, huh?

    >>>But a fertilized egg isn't a human.

    >>Yes it is.

    >Stop lying. According to milenia of human legal and social tradition
    >across the world, the life of a human being starts at birth.

    How long after the mother begins having contractions do you believe an
    abortion is an adequate option?

    >>>Don't forget sperm and egg.

    >>Since sperm and egg cells are germs, they aren't humans.

    >1) They are not germs.
    >2) You're an idiot.

    Main Entry: sperm
    Pronunciation: 'sp&rm Function: noun Inflected Form(s): plural sperm
    or sperms Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French esperme, from
    Late Latin spermat-, sperma, from Greek, literally, seed, from
    speirein to sow; probably akin to Armenian p'aratem I dispense
    1 a : SEMEN b : a male gamete
    2 : a product (as spermaceti or oil) of the sperm whale

    Main Entry: gam·ete
    Pronunciation: 'ga-"mEt also g&-'mEt
    Function: noun
    Etymology: New Latin gameta, from Greek gametEs husband, from gamein
    to marry
    : a mature male or female germ cell usually possessing a haploid chromosome set and capable of initiating formation of a new diploid individual by fusion with a gamete of the opposite sex
    - ga·met·ic /g&-'me-tik, -'mE-/ adjective
    - ga·met·i·cal·ly/-ti-k(&-)lE/ adverb

    >>>Oh, wait, you think that you're the equal of God and that YOU get to
    >>>decide what is or is not a human being, regardless of law, tradition,
    >>>or society.
    >>>
    >>>You're just a self-centered control freak with delusions of godhood.

    >>You differ from this how?

    >I don't make up my own rules and expect others to obey.

    Seems like you do to me.

    >> Provide a biblical reference that says
    >>abortion is ok.

    >Numbers 5 describes a forced abortion. And there is what Jesus said
    >in Matthew 5:39-41 and there's Exodus 20:17.
    >
    >All of which deny you ANY claim over a woman's body.

    So you think Exodus 20:17 supersedes Exodus 20:13? Interesting
    interpretation.

    >>>So now you're reduced to making up silly words. Rather than just
    >>>admit that you might be wrong you resort to dishonesty.

    >>Sorry for the coined phrase; I misjudged you and thought you might be
    >>intelligent enough to get the drift.

    >I'm intelligent enouogh to know that you're full of shit.

    So far you haven't demonstrated it.

    >> Let me try some smaller words and
    >>see if it's clearer to you. A human sperm cell is not a human; it's a
    >>germ.

    >LOL!

    Look it up.

    >1) The word you're trying to think of not "germ" but "gamete" or
    > perhaps "germ cell".

    The word I thought up is referenced above. Or do you have as much
    problem understanding a dictionary as you do the Bible?

    >2) An embryo is no more a human than is an egg. The point which you
    > were too "intelligent" to notice was that YOUR opinion about what
    > marks the start of a human being isn't the truth. It's just the
    > opinion of an egotistical idiot.

    Ditto, with the exception of the first sentence.

  10. Ben Kaufman

    Ben Kaufman Guest

    On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 03:32:47 GMT, [email protected] (Ray Fischer) wrote:

    Your inconsiderate cross posting speaks louder than anything else you have to
    say.

  11. Ben Kaufman

    Ben Kaufman Guest

    On 28 Feb 2005 20:31:12 -0800, [email protected]
    wrote:

    Your inconsiderate cross posting speaks louder than anything else you have to
    say.

  12. Ben Kaufman

    Ben Kaufman Guest

    On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 00:59:17 -0500, "David W. Poole, Jr."

    Your inconsiderate cross posting speaks louder than anything else you have to
    say.

  13. Ben Kaufman

    Ben Kaufman Guest

    On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 07:26:57 GMT, [email protected] (Ray Fischer) wrote:

    Your inconsiderate cross posting speaks louder than anything else you have to
    say.

  14. Ben Kaufman

    Ben Kaufman Guest

    On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 02:54:36 -0500, "David W. Poole, Jr."

    Your inconsiderate cross posting speaks louder than anything else you have to
    say.

  15. Ben Kaufman

    Ben Kaufman Guest

    On 28 Feb 2005 20:22:13 -0800, [email protected] (Hugiboo) wrote:

    Your inconsiderate cross posting speaks louder than anything else you have to
    say.

  16. Ben Kaufman

    Ben Kaufman Guest

    On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 07:23:48 GMT, [email protected] (Ray Fischer) wrote:

    Your inconsiderate cross posting speaks louder than anything else you have to
    say.

  17. Ben Kaufman

    Ben Kaufman Guest

    On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 02:38:07 -0500, "David W. Poole, Jr."

    Your inconsiderate cross posting speaks louder than anything else you have to
    say.

  18. Ben Kaufman

    Ben Kaufman Guest

    On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 02:38:07 -0500, "David W. Poole, Jr."

    Your inconsiderate cross posting speaks louder than anything else you have to
    say.

  19. Ben Kaufman

    Ben Kaufman Guest

    On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 03:38:21 GMT, [email protected] (Ray Fischer) wrote:

    Your inconsiderate cross posting speaks louder than anything else you have to
    say.

  20. Robibnikoff

    Robibnikoff Guest

    "Ben Kaufman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 00:59:17 -0500, "David W. Poole, Jr."
    >
    > Your inconsiderate cross posting speaks louder than anything else you have
    > say.

    How ironic that you had to post this over and over. Why don't you just do
    what I'm going to do? PLONK!
    --
    ---------
    Robyn