In the Buff

Fraggle

Guest
"Fraggle" <[email protected]> wrote

> So my buff arrived, bit underwelmed by 1st impression. Though head packaging is good! :)
>
> Rode in with it "pirate" style under my helmet. Certainly stopped sweat getting in my eyes, and my
> head did not overheat. However, I would not say my head was cooler than usual.

Yes my gran used to have a selection. Headscarves I think she used to call them.

Andy P wrote:
> Yes my gran used to have a selection. Headscarves I think she used to call them.

Oh yes, I've got one of those, in silk. It was part of a motorcyclists' gift set that I was given
one Christmas. It's nearly as useful as a Buff, but it bears very little resemblance to one.

If choosing one or the other, I'd recommend the Buff every time.

Thomas Paine

Originally posted by Tenex
Simonb wrote:
> Fraggle wrote:
>
>> mine is http://www.buffwear.co.uk/display_prod.php?id=131&catg=original I regret not going for
>> http://www.buffwear.co.uk/display_prod.php?id=367&catg=looneybuff which I had not noticed
>> before :(
>>
>> Fragg - Thought of the subject line 1st :)
>
> Erm. What are they for, exactly? Nasty colours.

Run the demo - it's very instructive ... http://tinyurl.com/mdk8

These guys will be millionaires by the new year ;-)

yup they certainly will be millionaires, after hearing so much about em ive just ordered mine- mainly to keep sweat out of the eyes than to keep warm

I nce rode a borrowed mountain bike in the Cheviots in the buff and there's an unsubstantiated rumour (i'd had so much to dink i'm not a reliable witness so it may actually be true) that I rode my Peer Gynt in the buff at Spokesfest a year or two ago.

Oh! Buff! You mean the printed lycra thingy that makes a too tight scarf or despearte hat when it suddenly turns cold and you've nowt better.

A bloke in Newcastle always has one on his head and is known as the Pirate. (best film I saw thi year was,"Pirates of the Caribbean," laughed all the way through it though I'd had several beers on The Pride of Rotterdam ferry at the time.

Marvellous bit of kit.

Handy as a bandage too and takes up barely any room and weighs nowt.