In the event of collision....?

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Mike Gayler, Jun 1, 2003.

  1. Mike Gayler

    Mike Gayler Guest

    A random thought which crosses my mind goes something like this:

    I'm cycling from Baldock to Ballykintyre (or somewhere equally unlikely), or even to work on my
    'decent' bike with a fairish amount of luggage, and I'm creamed by a cager, necessitating an
    ambulance trip to my local 'wait on a trolley' unit. What happens to my bike and luggage?

    Does the local plod look after it for me? Is it left to the mercy of the local hoolies? Is it
    chained up to a nearby lampost for when I am released (some chance)?

    Of course this is never likely to happen in the real world........

    Mike Leicester

    Tags:

  2. The Mark

    The Mark Guest

    Mike Gayler wrote:
    > A random thought which crosses my mind goes something like this:
    >
    > I'm cycling from Baldock to Ballykintyre (or somewhere equally unlikely), or even to work on my
    > 'decent' bike with a fairish amount of luggage, and I'm creamed by a cager, necessitating an
    > ambulance trip to my local 'wait on a trolley' unit. What happens to my bike and luggage?
    >
    > Does the local plod look after it for me? Is it left to the mercy of the local hoolies? Is it
    > chained up to a nearby lampost for when I am released (some chance)?
    >
    > Of course this is never likely to happen in the real world........
    >
    > Mike Leicester

    When I was hit last August the attending officers took my bike home and left it with the
    neighbours as my wife and kids were on the way to hospital to see me. I can't say if it's common
    practice though.
    --
    Mark

  3. Frank

    Frank Guest

    "Mike Gayler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > A random thought which crosses my mind goes something like this:
    >
    > I'm cycling from Baldock to Ballykintyre (or somewhere equally unlikely), or even to work on my
    > 'decent' bike with a fairish amount of luggage, and I'm creamed by a cager, necessitating an
    > ambulance trip to my local 'wait on a trolley' unit. What happens to my bike and luggage?
    >
    > Does the local plod look after it for me? Is it left to the mercy of the local hoolies? Is it
    > chained up to a nearby lampost for when I am released (some chance)?
    >
    > Of course this is never likely to happen in the real world........

    The first time I was ambulanced, my bike was taken to the police station. The second time (less
    serious) it accompanied me to the hospital in the ambulance.

  4. Elyob

    Elyob Guest

    "Mike Gayler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > A random thought which crosses my mind goes something like this:
    >
    > I'm cycling from Baldock to Ballykintyre (or somewhere equally unlikely), or even to work on my
    > 'decent' bike with a fairish amount of luggage, and I'm creamed by a cager, necessitating an
    > ambulance trip to my local 'wait on a trolley' unit. What happens to my bike and luggage?
    >
    > Does the local plod look after it for me? Is it left to the mercy of the local hoolies? Is it
    > chained up to a nearby lampost for when I am released (some chance)?
    >
    > Of course this is never likely to happen in the real world........
    >
    > Mike Leicester

    When my Dad had an accident coming off his bike, the police returned his bike back to his house in a
    meatwagon. They offered me a lift as well.

  5. Jim Price

    Jim Price Guest

    elyob wrote:

    > When my Dad had an accident coming off his bike, the police returned his bike back to his house in
    > a meatwagon. They offered me a lift as well.

    My secateurs just ceased to exist.

    Jim Price

  6. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Sun, 01 Jun 2003 18:15:40 +0100, Jim Price <[email protected]> wrote:

    >My secateurs just ceased to exist.

    Is that a non-secateur?

    Guy
    ===
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    work. Apologies.

  7. Gadget

    Gadget Guest

    I phoned up my local cop shop to ask them. After the intial shock of getting an answer, I asked
    your question.

    The reply was "that in the event of an incident involving a cyclist the police policy is to have the
    bike transported to the riders address or failing that the address is unknown it is to be taken to
    the local police station, i.e closest to the hospital. The rider is then informed as to the
    whereabouts of his bike."

    I was told this is meant to be standard procedure. I hope this answers your question.

    Gadget

  8. Mike Gayler

    Mike Gayler Guest

    "Gadget" <[email protected]> writed in
    news:[email protected]:

    > I phoned up my local cop shop to ask them. After the intial shock of getting an answer, I asked
    > your question.
    >
    > The reply was "that in the event of an incident involving a cyclist the police policy is to have
    > the bike transported to the riders address or failing that the address is unknown it is to be
    > taken to the local police station, i.e closest to the hospital. The rider is then informed as to
    > the whereabouts of his bike."
    >
    > I was told this is meant to be standard procedure. I hope this answers your question.
    >
    > Gadget

    Gosh! Thank You!

    Mike

  9. James Hodson

    James Hodson Guest

    On Sun, 1 Jun 2003 15:02:10 +0000 (UTC), "the Mark" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >When I was hit last August the attending officers took my bike home and left it with the
    >neighbours as my wife and kids were on the way to hospital to see me. I can't say if it's common
    >practice though.

    Same with me last September. No problem at all.

    James