In the event of collision....?

Mike Gayler

Guest
A random thought which crosses my mind goes something like this:

I'm cycling from Baldock to Ballykintyre (or somewhere equally unlikely), or even to work on my
'decent' bike with a fairish amount of luggage, and I'm creamed by a cager, necessitating an
ambulance trip to my local 'wait on a trolley' unit. What happens to my bike and luggage?

Does the local plod look after it for me? Is it left to the mercy of the local hoolies? Is it
chained up to a nearby lampost for when I am released (some chance)?

Of course this is never likely to happen in the real world........

Mike Leicester

Mike Gayler wrote:
> A random thought which crosses my mind goes something like this:
>
> I'm cycling from Baldock to Ballykintyre (or somewhere equally unlikely), or even to work on my
> 'decent' bike with a fairish amount of luggage, and I'm creamed by a cager, necessitating an
> ambulance trip to my local 'wait on a trolley' unit. What happens to my bike and luggage?
>
> Does the local plod look after it for me? Is it left to the mercy of the local hoolies? Is it
> chained up to a nearby lampost for when I am released (some chance)?
>
> Of course this is never likely to happen in the real world........
>
> Mike Leicester

When I was hit last August the attending officers took my bike home and left it with the
neighbours as my wife and kids were on the way to hospital to see me. I can't say if it's common
practice though.
--
Mark

"Mike Gayler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> A random thought which crosses my mind goes something like this:
>
> I'm cycling from Baldock to Ballykintyre (or somewhere equally unlikely), or even to work on my
> 'decent' bike with a fairish amount of luggage, and I'm creamed by a cager, necessitating an
> ambulance trip to my local 'wait on a trolley' unit. What happens to my bike and luggage?
>
> Does the local plod look after it for me? Is it left to the mercy of the local hoolies? Is it
> chained up to a nearby lampost for when I am released (some chance)?
>
> Of course this is never likely to happen in the real world........

The first time I was ambulanced, my bike was taken to the police station. The second time (less
serious) it accompanied me to the hospital in the ambulance.

"Mike Gayler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> A random thought which crosses my mind goes something like this:
>
> I'm cycling from Baldock to Ballykintyre (or somewhere equally unlikely), or even to work on my
> 'decent' bike with a fairish amount of luggage, and I'm creamed by a cager, necessitating an
> ambulance trip to my local 'wait on a trolley' unit. What happens to my bike and luggage?
>
> Does the local plod look after it for me? Is it left to the mercy of the local hoolies? Is it
> chained up to a nearby lampost for when I am released (some chance)?
>
> Of course this is never likely to happen in the real world........
>
> Mike Leicester

When my Dad had an accident coming off his bike, the police returned his bike back to his house in a
meatwagon. They offered me a lift as well.

elyob wrote:

> When my Dad had an accident coming off his bike, the police returned his bike back to his house in
> a meatwagon. They offered me a lift as well.

My secateurs just ceased to exist.

Jim Price

On Sun, 01 Jun 2003 18:15:40 +0100, Jim Price <[email protected]> wrote:

>My secateurs just ceased to exist.

Is that a non-secateur?

Guy
===
dynamic DNS permitting)
work. Apologies.

I phoned up my local cop shop to ask them. After the intial shock of getting an answer, I asked
your question.

The reply was "that in the event of an incident involving a cyclist the police policy is to have the
bike transported to the riders address or failing that the address is unknown it is to be taken to
the local police station, i.e closest to the hospital. The rider is then informed as to the
whereabouts of his bike."

I was told this is meant to be standard procedure. I hope this answers your question.

Gadget

"Gadget" <[email protected]> writed in
news:[email protected]:

> I phoned up my local cop shop to ask them. After the intial shock of getting an answer, I asked
> your question.
>
> The reply was "that in the event of an incident involving a cyclist the police policy is to have
> the bike transported to the riders address or failing that the address is unknown it is to be
> taken to the local police station, i.e closest to the hospital. The rider is then informed as to
> the whereabouts of his bike."
>
> I was told this is meant to be standard procedure. I hope this answers your question.
>
> Gadget

Gosh! Thank You!

Mike

On Sun, 1 Jun 2003 15:02:10 +0000 (UTC), "the Mark" <[email protected]> wrote:

>When I was hit last August the attending officers took my bike home and left it with the
>neighbours as my wife and kids were on the way to hospital to see me. I can't say if it's common
>practice though.

Same with me last September. No problem at all.

James