In The Grauniad today

"wafflycat" <w*a*ff?y?cat*@?btco*nn?ect.com>
> http://www.guardian.co.uk/leaders/story/0,,1867247,00.html
>
> Article: "In praise of ... Bikeability"
>
> About cycle training.
>
> Comments to the article can be posted. The first one is all about the need
> for cycle farcilities...

I can't see comments or a way to post comments. Does it require
registration, or Internet Explorer?

--
MJR/slef

MJ Ray wrote:
> "wafflycat" <w*a*ff?y?cat*@?btco*nn?ect.com>
> > http://www.guardian.co.uk/leaders/story/0,,1867247,00.html
> >
> > Article: "In praise of ... Bikeability"
> >
> > About cycle training.
> >
> > Comments to the article can be posted. The first one is all about the need
> > for cycle farcilities...

> I can't see comments or a way to post comments. Does it require
> registration, or Internet Explorer?

The big 'post comment' button?
You do then have to register.

...d

> --
> MJR/slef

"MJ Ray" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "wafflycat" <w*a*ff?y?cat*@?btco*nn?ect.com>
>> http://www.guardian.co.uk/leaders/story/0,,1867247,00.html
>>
>> Article: "In praise of ... Bikeability"
>>
>> About cycle training.
>>
>> Comments to the article can be posted. The first one is all about the
>> need
>> for cycle farcilities...

> I can't see comments or a way to post comments. Does it require
> registration, or Internet Explorer?
>
> --
> MJR/slef

At the end of the article is a "post your comment" button

Cheers, helen s

in message <[email protected]>, MJ
Ray ('[email protected]') wrote:

> "wafflycat" <w*a*ff?y?cat*@?btco*nn?ect.com>
>> http://www.guardian.co.uk/leaders/story/0,,1867247,00.html
>>
>> Article: "In praise of ... Bikeability"
>>
>> About cycle training.
>>
>> Comments to the article can be posted. The first one is all about the
>> need for cycle farcilities...

> I can't see comments or a way to post comments. Does it require
> registration, or Internet Explorer?

Works in Konqueror - you do have to register.

Ring of great evil
Small one casts it into flame
Bringing rise of Men ;; gonzoron

"David Martin" <[email protected]>
> MJ Ray wrote:
> > "wafflycat" <w*a*ff?y?cat*@?btco*nn?ect.com>
> > > http://www.guardian.co.uk/leaders/story/0,,1867247,00.html [...]

> > I can't see comments or a way to post comments. Does it require
> > registration, or Internet Explorer?
> >

> The big 'post comment' button?
> You do then have to register.

I see no 'post comment' button. I guess it's because I'm not registered,
or some problem with their javascript. Yet Another Web Site that isn't
anybrowser-ready.
--
MJR/slef

"MJ Ray" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> I see no 'post comment' button. I guess it's because I'm not registered,
> or some problem with their javascript. Yet Another Web Site that isn't
> anybrowser-ready.
> --

Perhaps there is a lesson to be learnt?

Den 2006-09-09 16:30:09 skrev Nick <[email protected]>:

> "MJ Ray" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> I see no 'post comment' button. I guess it's because I'm not
>> registered,
>> or some problem with their javascript. Yet Another Web Site that isn't
>> anybrowser-ready.

That page as a large number of errors. Fixing them will probably help.

http://www.htmlhelp.com/cgi-bin/val...ardian.co.uk/leaders/story/0,,1867247,00.html

> Perhaps there is a lesson to be learnt?

I hope you don't mean that we should all use whatever Microsoft puts out..
That would be like saying everybody has to commute to work in a car,
because I do.

Erik Sandblom

Nick twisted the electrons to say:
> "MJ Ray" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I see no 'post comment' button. I guess it's because I'm not registered,
> > or some problem with their javascript. Yet Another Web Site that isn't
> > anybrowser-ready.

> Perhaps there is a lesson to be learnt?

<nods> Clearly whoever created the Grauniad's website needs to go back
and learn a few things ...

Alistair Gunn wrote on 09/09/2006 18:23 +0100:

> <nods> Clearly whoever created the Grauniad's website needs to go back
> and learn a few things ...

Its part of the tradition of the Gruaniad that its spelling is iffy, so
why should its HTML code be any better?

--
Tony

- Leonardo da Vinci

MJ Ray wrote:

>"David Martin" <[email protected]>
>> MJ Ray wrote:
>> > "wafflycat" <w*a*ff?y?cat*@?btco*nn?ect.com>
>> > I can't see comments or a way to post comments. Does it require
>> > registration, or Internet Explorer?
>> >

>> The big 'post comment' button?
>> You do then have to register.

>I see no 'post comment' button. I guess it's because I'm not registered,
>or some problem with their javascript. Yet Another Web Site that isn't
>anybrowser-ready.

I have that button in Firefox with Javascript enabled but it is
missing if I fire up my copy of Opera which normally has javascript
disabled.

"Erik Sandblom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:eek:[email protected]...
Den 2006-09-09 16:30:09 skrev Nick <[email protected]>:

>> Perhaps there is a lesson to be learnt?

>I hope you don't mean that we should all use whatever Microsoft puts out.
>That would be like saying everybody has to commute to work in a car,
>because I do.

I use Firefox.

I would also happily use a different email client from outlook express if I
could find one that was free and as good.

Nick wrote:

> I use Firefox.
>
> I would also happily use a different email client from outlook express if I
> could find one that was free and as good.

Thunderbird?

--
Don Whybrow

Sequi Bonum Non Time

"My God! The thought of that evil man, loose in London--with money, from
God only knows what source--fomenting riot and rebellion during a public
emergency--and in control of an Engine-driven press! It's nightmarish!"
(Gibson-Sterling, "The Difference Engine")

Nick wrote on 10/09/2006 23:49 +0100:

> I use Firefox.
>
> I would also happily use a different email client from outlook express if I
> could find one that was free and as good.

I use Firefox's stablemate, Thunderbird and IMO its much better than
Outlook Express and its free.

--
Tony

- Leonardo da Vinci

Tony Raven wrote:
> Nick wrote on 10/09/2006 23:49 +0100:
>

>> I use Firefox.
>>
>> I would also happily use a different email client from outlook express
>> if I could find one that was free and as good.
>>

> I use Firefox's stablemate, Thunderbird and IMO its much better than
> Outlook Express and its free.

Same here. Highly recommended.

tt

triddletree wrote:
> Tony Raven wrote:
>> Nick wrote on 10/09/2006 23:49 +0100:
>>

>>> I use Firefox.
>>>
>>> I would also happily use a different email client from outlook
>>> express if I could find one that was free and as good.
>>>

>> I use Firefox's stablemate, Thunderbird and IMO its much better than
>> Outlook Express and its free.

> Same here. Highly recommended.

Moi aussi

Dan Gregory wrote on 11/09/2006 10:57 +0100:

> Moi aussi

G'day mate!

--
Tony

- Leonardo da Vinci

Tony Raven wrote:
> Dan Gregory wrote on 11/09/2006 10:57 +0100:
>>
>> Moi aussi

> G'day mate!

Speaking 'strine too?
;-))

Don Whybrow twisted the electrons to say:
> Thunderbird?

Mutt? (http://www.mutt.org/) <grins> Okay, I'll concede that it's
probably not the option most people would go for! However it definitely
free and (IMHO) better than Outlook Express ...

Alistair Gunn wrote on 11/09/2006 15:33 +0100:
> Don Whybrow twisted the electrons to say:
>> Thunderbird?

> Mutt? (http://www.mutt.org/) <grins> Okay, I'll concede that it's
> probably not the option most people would go for! However it definitely
> free and (IMHO) better than Outlook Express ...

Which begs the question is there actually anything worse than OE?

--
Tony

- Leonardo da Vinci