In the News: Italy's Basso ready to race again

Jason Spaceman

Guest
From the article:
The Associated Press

Published: October 13, 2006

ROME Giro d'Italia champion Ivan Basso is ready to race again after
the Italian Olympic Committee recommended that doping allegations
against him be dropped.

"Now my goal is to win races again," Basso said in sports daily
Gazzetta dello Sport on Friday, a day after the Olympic body's
anti-doping commission said it would ask the Italian Cycling
Federation to close the case.

"I always continued to train with the aim of returning to racing once
the situation was resolved," said the cyclist, who has been suspended
since July.

Read it at
http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2006/10/13/sports/EU_SPT_CYC_Doping_Basso.php

J. Spaceman

On Oct 13, 8:44 am, Jason Spaceman <[email protected]>
wrote:
> Here is the story in Gazzetta dello Sport, in case anybody can speak
> Italian ---> Basso: "Nessuna vergogna"http://www.gazzetta.it/Ciclismo/Primo_Piano/2006/10_Ottobre/13/basso....
>
> I think the headline translates as 'Basso: "No shame"'

Actually, it translates as "Low: No Shame"

Ivan Basso translates to Ivan Low, which sounds like Ivanhoe.
Coincidence? I don't think so.