In the storm's path.

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Freewheeling, Sep 18, 2003.

  1. Freewheeling

    Freewheeling Guest

    Hi:

    Just sitting here drinking my morning yerba mate' and waiting for the big blow. Fortunately all the
    paranoia about a terrorist attack in or around DC means that many people in the area already have
    extra food and water, flashlights, batteried radios, etc. Maybe even the duct tape will come in
    handy. Well, duct tape is always handy, even if you're not handsome.

    I haven't been riding much this year, as some may have noticed. Part of it has to do with a bone
    spur that developed on my foot after I broke it this past winter. I may have it removed at some
    point, but the foot also fatiques easily and the hotfoot is much worse. Hope everyone in the
    Midatlantic region stays safe during Isabel's visit. That's one angry lady.

    See you on the roads, eventually.

    --
    --Scott [email protected] Cut the "tail" to send email. Blog:
    http://demosophia.typepad.com/demosophia "When the statues of Daedalus come to life no men will have

    Tags:

  2. John Riley

    John Riley Guest

    If I look at the satelite imagery - or out the window - I can see that we (in Toronto) are _already_
    getting some high clouds from this system even though it is hundreds of miles away. Clouds and
    breeziness have been building all day. (Had a nice ride anyway.) It will just be a serious rainstorm
    by the time it gets here, but we do seem to be right on the path.

    johnriley1 (at) rogers.com

  3. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    Freewheeling wrote:

    > Hi:
    >
    > Just sitting here drinking my morning yerba mate' and waiting for the big blow. Fortunately all
    > the paranoia about a terrorist attack in or around DC means that many people in the area already
    > have extra food and water, flashlights, batteried radios, etc. Maybe even the duct tape will come
    > in handy. Well, duct tape is always handy, even if you're not handsome.
    >
    > I haven't been riding much this year, as some may have noticed. Part of it has to do with a bone
    > spur that developed on my foot after I broke it this past winter. I may have it removed at some
    > point, but the foot also fatiques easily and the hotfoot is much worse. Hope everyone in the
    > Midatlantic region stays safe during Isabel's visit. That's one angry lady.
    >
    > See you on the roads, eventually.

    Scott,

    How is the quest for the optimum chainline on a Rohloff hub equipped V-Rex progressing?

    Tom Sherman - Near the confluence of the Mississippi and Rock Rivers

    Use soft words and hard arguments. - English Proverb

  4. Maybe I will get the balance of my 15 minutes of Fame on Friday...I am planning on going for a
    bike ride to Urbane Cyclist and hope to time out the return trip as the Hurricane arrives. I rode
    into a Tornado once and that was oodles of fun ducking the flying debris and downed hydro
    lines......Bring it On.
    ******************
    "john riley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > If I look at the satelite imagery - or out the window - I can see that we (in Toronto) are
    > _already_ getting some high clouds from this system even though it is hundreds of miles away.
    > Clouds and breeziness have been building all day. (Had a nice ride anyway.) It will just be a
    > serious rainstorm by the time it gets here, but we do seem to be right on the path.
    >
    > johnriley1 (at) rogers.com

  5. Fraser

    Fraser Guest

    On 18 Sep 2003 13:23:55 -0700, [email protected] (john riley) wrote:

    >If I look at the satelite imagery - or out the window - I can see that we (in Toronto) are
    >_already_ getting some high clouds from this system even though it is hundreds of miles away.
    >Clouds and breeziness have been building all day. (Had a nice ride anyway.)

    Over here in Oshawa, I've been going out for night rides all week, after the 11pm news.
    Thought I;d be smart tonight and headed out at 9;30, got about 8k away from home and the sky
    opened up. Made tracks home, put everything away, had a shower, looked out the window and
    the dang roads had dried up! Midnight now and still dry.

    We won't complain though, I'm sure there's people to the south of us having a hell of a
    time . . .

  6. Rorschandt

    Rorschandt Guest

    "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > Maybe I will get the balance of my 15 minutes of Fame on Friday...I am planning on going for a
    > bike ride to Urbane Cyclist and hope to time out the return trip as the Hurricane arrives. I rode
    > into a Tornado once and that was oodles of fun ducking the flying debris and downed hydro
    > lines......Bring it On.

    Did you see Dorothy and Toto? I like Toto. Or did you mean a "Toronado"? I was hit by a Jaguar
    once. XKE.

    rorschandt Ah,there's no place like home <click, click, click>.

    --
    May all beings be happy. May they be joyous and live in safety. All living beings, whether weak or
    strong, in high or middle or low realms of existence, small or great, visible or invisible, near or

  7. Fraser

    Fraser Guest

    On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 17:38:23 -0400, "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Maybe I will get the balance of my 15 minutes of Fame on Friday...I am planning on going for a
    >bike ride to Urbane Cyclist and hope to time out the return trip as the Hurricane arrives. I rode
    >into a Tornado once and that was oodles of fun ducking the flying debris and downed hydro
    >lines......Bring it On.

    Grin, and here I am pouting, because I had to dry off this brand new bike after getting wet
    tonight. But it does seem to keep it's footing in the rain pretty good.

  8. Geob

    Geob Guest

    > I rode into a Tornado once and that was oodles of fun ducking the flying debris

    I'd like to hear about that! Can you post the story? I am facinated by tornados. Used to chase em
    once in a while with my camera. Never caught one, since I live in central California.

  9. Ian

    Ian Guest

    My thoughts to those of you getting hit by this big storm, I expect to hear of at least one of you
    achieving 300mph with a tail wind.

    --
    Ian

    http://www.catrike.co.uk

  10. So how does one clip in with "Ruby Slippers"??

    William Higley, Sr. Vision R-50 RANS Rocket "rorschandt" <[email protected]> wrote in