In their shoes - would you take it?

Crankyfeet said:
This drugs issue has seemed to bring out a lot of emotion in us. Please kiss and makeup. This town is too small for *****fights....
wink.gif
No thanks. Professional cycling is officially a sport by fools, for fools. To build any sort of coherent argument on cycling is akin to engineering a skyscraper in a swamp.

It's pure farce, and the discussion surrounding it is no better.

jimmypop said:
No thanks. Professional cycling is officially a sport by fools, for fools. To build any sort of coherent argument on cycling is akin to engineering a skyscraper in a swamp.

Huh? Why do you post here? Are you a fool? Or did you think this was the "People Who Hate Cycling Forum"?

Hating doping in cycling is not the same as hating cycling.

Crankyfeet said:
Huh? Why do you post here? Are you a fool? Or did you think this was the "People Who Hate Cycling Forum"?

Hating doping in cycling is not the same as hating cycling.
He's too cool for us Crank....I guess getting kicked off DP probably only added to his disaffection. He seems like one of those guys who are soooo cool that they don't have any friends.

Chavez said:
Check your sarcasto-meter, it appears to be malfunctioning.

Like any internet forum, a certain percentage of the participants feel the need to be serious at all times. It's as if the conflict fills a void in their otherwise droll lives.

thoughtforfood said:
Sorry, missed that.

As to jimmytroll, he obviously has no mirrors in his home.
Either that, or I'm done reflecting on the goings-on in Internet forums.

jimmypop said:
Either that, or I'm done reflecting on the goings-on in Internet forums.
...and calling me an "idiot" when you didn't even bother to read the totality of my posts on the subject reflects that how?

jimmypop said:

bummer you feel that way.

I enjoyed your posts on DP in the past

plectrum said:
This is a simple yes / no leave the discussion to another thread!

You are a pro cyclist, you have high expectations and have performed well as a junior and been accepted onto a high level European team. The question that now is present to you is 'will you dope'? We all know the ins and outs of why and how and who so I won't bore everyone but .... Would you?

I'm a NO - but would probably also quit the sport.

When in Rome...
The way I see it, life's a gamble. We all have to take chances in life but more so do professional athletes. If you don't try to win you will lose for sure, right? Unfortunately, I'm not much of a gambler which is why I am neither a pro cyclist. But if I were in their shoes I'd probably do as they do.

thoughtforfood said:
...and calling me an "idiot" when you didn't even bother to read the totality of my posts on the subject reflects that how?
I disagree only with your ridiculous assertion that not vaccinating is a healthy choice. I know you qualified your statement, but it was still stupid in any context.

jimmypop said:
I disagree only with your ridiculous assertion that not vaccinating is a healthy choice. I know you qualified your statement, but it was still stupid in any context.
With herd protection, it is.

jimmypop said:
And from my observation (especially considering the fact that he is from Hawaii, and has been exposed to viruses that are completely new to his system for the past two years) the fact is that he has been sick once in the 2 years he has been here. It gives weight to my wife's beliefs. My daughter has been vaccinated, so I can compare, and there is no comparison. The two may not be linked, it is just interesting to me that there is such a difference. That combined with the fact that Big Pharma purports all of these miracle drugs that really aren't, and I give weight to the fact that vaccination may not be the be all end all of disease as you suggest.

Now, take that and combine it with the fact that there is a long history of disease adapting to survive,(hint, the evidence is called EVOLUTION) and I suggest that while vaccination may have altered the spread of disease for a time, new more virulent strains will evolve from once strains that were previously decreased by vaccination. In the long run, I question the benefit to humankind as a whole.

Now, if you would like to debate ALL of this, then fine. If you want to distort my point to say that all I am saying that vaccination is "bad" then you are the troll that you appear to be. That combined with the FACT that I can produce mounds of evidence suggesting my more complete points, and I would suggest you might be the "idiot" for weighing into a debate that appears to be a little above your head. Sorry if all that science talk is hard for you.

jimmypop said:
OH YEA, now I remember you better, you are one of those Rush dittohead types aren't you? NOW I know why you are what you are...You just act like you have the knowledge to debate things, when in reality you just fake it to appear smart. Oh, poor thing, you guys really did miss the intelligence boat didn't you?

Wanna debate the benefits of drilling in ANWR? I would love to eat you up and **** you out on that one..

thoughtforfood said:
And from my observation (especially considering the fact that he is from Hawaii, and has been exposed to viruses that are completely new to his system for the past two years) the fact is that he has been sick once in the 2 years he has been here. It gives weight to my wife's beliefs. My daughter has been vaccinated, so I can compare, and there is no comparison. The two may not be linked, it is just interesting to me that there is such a difference. That combined with the fact that Big Pharma purports all of these miracle drugs that really aren't, and I give weight to the fact that vaccination may not be the be all end all of disease as you suggest.

Now, take that and combine it with the fact that there is a long history of disease adapting to survive,(hint, the evidence is called EVOLUTION) and I suggest that while vaccination may have altered the spread of disease for a time, new more virulent strains will evolve from once strains that were previously decreased by vaccination. In the long run, I question the benefit to humankind as a whole.
Let us take two examples: small pox and polio. Are you suggesting that humankind is worse off due to the development of vaccines for these two diseases?

thoughtforfood said:
OH YEA, now I remember you <random, rambling ******** snipped> ...
I'm not going to take your bait. However, I will point out that your last two posts do a fine job illustrating your ignorance. I'll leave it to others to beat you down.

TheDarkLord said:
Let us take two examples: small pox and polio. Are you suggesting that humankind is worse off due to the development of vaccines for these two diseases?
NO, what I am suggesting is that over a period of time those organisms will mutate into forms of a disease that will once again be communicable. Now, I would suggest you read the most recent science on this subject because there is much to back what I believe is the long term outcome of the current vaccination.

What also worries me is that it COULD become a problem like we have with multi-resistant strains of Staph infections. COULD being the operative word here.

jimmypop said:
I'm not going to take your bait. However, I will point out that your last two posts do a fine job illustrating your ignorance. I'll leave it to others to beat you down.
Sweetie, I know you are scared, but really, it will only hurt for a second.

TheDarkLord said:
You do know that those diseases are alive still in small pockets, right, and that there is some evidence that Polio has infected some who were vaccinated. I will look for the reference and post.