In your opinion, who is the most dominant athlete you have ever seen play?

zaadee

Feb 3, 2008
For me it comes down to Tiger Woods, Roger Federer, Barry Bonds and of course his airness Michael Jordan. I actully only seen MJ play in his final 3 years in Chicago and his 2 years in Washington, so I can't make much of an arguement for him. Federer has dominated tennis like no other in recent memory, but is still quite young and has only time to get even better. Barry Bonds was always great, but to me everything he has done since '99 is kind of suspect and I believe he took performance enhancing drugs, as well as Clemens. I'll have to give my vote to Tiger Woods, I have follwed his entire historic career, and no man has dominated their sport with a clean slate as much as Tiger has done in golf since the mid 90's.

I agree with your choices. I'd add the Williams sisters in tennis. They aren't unbeatable but they are such physically strong women, they're pretty impressive to watch. Lance Armstrong has to be up there. I don't know if you follow the UFC, but Nick Diaz is a really impressive MMA fighter.

John R said:
I agree with your choices. I'd add the Williams sisters in tennis. They aren't unbeatable but they are such physically strong women, they're pretty impressive to watch. Lance Armstrong has to be up there. I don't know if you follow the UFC, but Nick Diaz is a really impressive MMA fighter.
Nick Diaz is impressive but he is not the most dominating. The only three fighters you can consider truly dominating at Anderson Silva, Fedor Emelianenko, and BJ Penn. Although Fedor has never lost other than by a doctor stoppage due to a cut he has not beat everyone in hsi weight class that could be considered a contender. Anderson Silva has truly dominated anyone in his weight class even more tha Fedor. BJ Penn has dominated in different weight classes and most of his losses are to much bigger fighters.