Incredible Damage from Moab Mountain Bike Races

On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 14:36:46 -0800, Mike Vandeman wrote:

> This is simply horrifying.....
>
> http://www.dreamride.com/24hrrace2.html

except for the littering, which is very very bad, (and whoever did that
should pay), cool pics. I'd love to ride through there. Of course, on the
approved trails.

On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 14:36:46 -0800, Mike Vandeman wrote:

> This is simply horrifying.....
>
> http://www.dreamride.com/24hrrace2.html

except for the littering, which is very very bad, (and whoever did that
should pay), cool pics. I'd love to ride through there. Of course, on the
approved trails.

On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 14:36:46 -0800, Mike Vandeman wrote:

> This is simply horrifying.....
>
> http://www.dreamride.com/24hrrace2.html

except for the littering, which is very very bad, (and whoever did that
should pay), cool pics. I'd love to ride through there. Of course, on the
approved trails.

Horrifying to whom?

You have shown an authorized vehicle route that was established by an
authorized government authority (that sounds redundant now that I have said
it, but I'm pretty sure you missed the point the first time, so the second
time might sink in. Nah, not likely.)

You and your ilk back in the early '70s herded all offroad activity in the
California deserts into small reservations, then in the '90s complained that
the activity on those reservations was detrimental to the species that lived
there.

The fact is (or, facts are) that a trail 2 ft wide and 1 mile long consumes
about 0.004% of the square mile that it passes through. You should note that
the trail pictures you posted shows a Park Service access road. Using this
road for a bike route makes perfect sense to everybody but you and the
author of the article.

On Nov 4, 4:11 pm, "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Horrifying to whom?

Horrifying to anyone who detests profiteers like Granny Gear. The
fact that that fat pig Lard Knight makes money off of that abhorrent
race and what it does to the desert there is enough to make me sick.

Get a life strickland, you stupid piece of ****.

JD

On Nov 4, 4:11 pm, "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Horrifying to whom?

Horrifying to anyone who detests profiteers like Granny Gear. The
fact that that fat pig Lard Knight makes money off of that abhorrent
race and what it does to the desert there is enough to make me sick.

Get a life strickland, you stupid piece of ****.

JD

On Nov 4, 4:11 pm, "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Horrifying to whom?

Horrifying to anyone who detests profiteers like Granny Gear. The
fact that that fat pig Lard Knight makes money off of that abhorrent
race and what it does to the desert there is enough to make me sick.

Get a life strickland, you stupid piece of ****.

JD

> This is simply horrifying.....
>
> http://www.dreamride.com/24hrrace2.html
>
> Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you are
> fond of!
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

What's up wack job Vandy ??? If you even bothered to look at what you
post the photos of the race are from 2003. If you bothered to look at any of
the photos you would have noticed the people who took them are on mountain
bikes also. You truly are a moron!!!!

On Nov 4, 2:36 pm, Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote:
> This is simply horrifying.....
>
> http://www.dreamride.com/24hrrace2.html

Tell us something we don't know, dipshit. The author of that article
runs a mountain bike tour company and is a friend of mine. In fact, I
was with him the day the damage was surveyed right before he wrote
it. That creep Lard Knight of Granny Gear Productions almost got his
ass kicked the very same day. If he had taken one step closer to Lee,
he would have been eating sand.

JD

On Nov 4, 2:36 pm, Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote:
> This is simply horrifying.....
>
> http://www.dreamride.com/24hrrace2.html

Tell us something we don't know, dipshit. The author of that article
runs a mountain bike tour company and is a friend of mine. In fact, I
was with him the day the damage was surveyed right before he wrote
it. That creep Lard Knight of Granny Gear Productions almost got his
ass kicked the very same day. If he had taken one step closer to Lee,
he would have been eating sand.

JD

On Nov 4, 2:36 pm, Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote:
> This is simply horrifying.....
>
> http://www.dreamride.com/24hrrace2.html

Tell us something we don't know, dipshit. The author of that article
runs a mountain bike tour company and is a friend of mine. In fact, I
was with him the day the damage was surveyed right before he wrote
it. That creep Lard Knight of Granny Gear Productions almost got his
ass kicked the very same day. If he had taken one step closer to Lee,
he would have been eating sand.

JD

On Mon, 05 Nov 2007 00:11:13 GMT, "Jeff Strickland"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Horrifying to whom?
>
>You have shown an authorized vehicle route that was established by an
>authorized government authority (that sounds redundant now that I have said
>it, but I'm pretty sure you missed the point the first time, so the second
>time might sink in. Nah, not likely.)
>
>You and your ilk back in the early '70s herded all offroad activity in the
>California deserts into small reservations, then in the '90s complained that
>the activity on those reservations was detrimental to the species that lived
>there.
>
>The fact is (or, facts are) that a trail 2 ft wide and 1 mile long consumes
>about 0.004% of the square mile that it passes through. You should note that
>the trail pictures you posted shows a Park Service access road. Using this
>road for a bike route makes perfect sense to everybody but you and the
>author of the article.

Thanks you for displaying your hopeless ignorance for the entire world
to see. You are uneducable.

On Mon, 05 Nov 2007 15:18:40 GMT, "Mike" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> This is simply horrifying.....
>>
>> http://www.dreamride.com/24hrrace2.html
>> --
>> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
>> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
>> years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
>>
>> Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you are
>> fond of!
>>
>> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

> What's up wack job Vandy ??? If you even bothered to look at what you
>post the photos of the race are from 2003. If you bothered to look at any of
>the photos you would have noticed the people who took them are on mountain
>bikes also.

Right. Even mountain bikers are horrified by the destructiveness of
that event. What's your point?

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande