Incredibly awesome weekend of NFL football.

Originally Posted by jpr95 .

Giants beat the Patsies 21-17. It came down to a "Hail Mary" pass by Tom Brady in the endzone that was deflected.

There were some pretty obvious no-calls in favor of the Poutriots, too. Their corners and defensive backs were allowed to climb all over the Giants' receivers.

A Manning won in Lucas Oil Stadium. I think if you were a Colts fan cheering for the Patriots, you should have to give up your season tickets and be permanent banned from the stadium.

I thought the officiating was very good. They allowed the players to play the game. The officials dont have ten different looks from eight different angles like we do at home.

Originally Posted by davereo .

I thought the officiating was very good. They allowed the players to play the game. The officials dont have ten different looks from eight different angles like we do at home.

Well, I would agree that the lack of flags made the game better overall. I just thought the Pats' DBs and corners needed to be at least buying the Giants' receivers dinner first, though I used to wait until the 3rd date before I got that affectionate. ;) I've never seen so many arrivals at second base in a football game.

Great game, I could watch these teams play every weekend. What did you guys think of the intentional grounding call? I personally think it was pretty weak, there would be a lot of safety's and stalled drives if this was called on a regular basis.

Originally Posted by Buckeyes .

Great game, I could watch these teams play every weekend. What did you guys think of the intentional grounding call? I personally think it was pretty weak, there would be a lot of safety's and stalled drives if this was called on a regular basis.

That was a totally legit call, and the first time I recall ever seeing one called. There was nobody even remotely close to where the ball came down, and he was still between the tackles. I do see intentional grounding get called a couple times per season, but never in the end zone.

Originally Posted by jpr95 .

That was a totally legit call, and the first time I recall ever seeing one called. There was nobody even remotely close to where the ball came down, and he was still between the tackles. I do see intentional grounding get called a couple times per season, but never in the end zone.

Thats one Gieselle forgot /img/vbsmilies/smilies/ROTF.gif

Originally Posted by davereo .

Thats one Gieselle forgot /img/vbsmilies/smilies/ROTF.gif

Now that's funny right there, I don't care who y'are.

Officiating was good. Missed that P.I. against the Pats though. If the teams were reversed and the receiver was Welker or Gronkowski, the Giants would've been flagged - without question.
Officiating judgement being what it is (based initially on perception, and then rule interpretation), frankly IMO and IME, 'holding' could be called on every play.
As long as the officials call the glaring offenses (that 'intentional grounding' was glaring), let the team's play to some degree, and even-out the calls somewhat, no one will complain and the officials will disappear - pretty much as they did on Sunday.

Originally Posted by tonyzackery .

...including another David Tyee-esque, miraculous, late-in-the-game catch.
Bill Barnwell on Grantland used Manning to Tyree vs Manning to Manningham as an example of how Eli Manning has really stepped up his game...

...the pass to Tyree was a desperation heave that should really NEVER have been thrown, and came after Manning almost tossed the game away on the play right before. The pass to Manningham was equally amazing, but it was more just a GREAT pass - he had a small window for the completion and dropped it right in there.

I'm not personally sold on Eli as elite quite yet (elite being "top 3 in the league") but Barnwell's article has me convinced he's knocking on the door.