INDIAN PHOTO

datakoll aka gene daniels wrote:

> http://www.tvracer.com/

Yes, one can get in quite a crouch when there is no need to pedal.

The World's Fastest Indian was quite a nice movie.

??? http://images.allmoviephoto.com/2005_The_World's_Fastest_Indian/2005_the_worlds_fastest_indian_006.jpg

what class ?

On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 05:18:39 -0700 (PDT), "[email protected]"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Apr 12, 2:18 pm, datakoll <[email protected]> wrote:
>> touring geometry

>100mph on board tracks. No throttle. No brakes. Suitcase full of
>courage.
>
>This one had a throttle AND a kill switch:
>
>http://motorcyclemuseum.org/classics/bike.asp?id=8
>
>Having attended the Springfield Mile a couple of times, flattracking
>is something to behold, something even a lycra pants-wearing f****t
>bicycler can enjoy. --D-y

In all of motorsports there is no better show than the big bikes on the big flat
tracks. No other form of racing has that many lines around the course. It's all
rider judgment and balls. Big giant can barely sit on the bike clanking cromoly
balls.

I really can't watch motorcycle road racing. Guys crash and horrible things
happen that I really don't like to see. A guy sliding into hay bales I can take.

Anyway, if you haven't seen real flat trackers, and not the teacup speedway
version that you find in places afflicted with the metric system, go watch.

On Apr 13, 9:44 am, Hobbes@spnb&s.com wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 05:18:39 -0700 (PDT), "[email protected]"
>
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> >On Apr 12, 2:18 pm, datakoll <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> touring geometry

> >100mph on board tracks. No throttle. No brakes. Suitcase full of
> >courage.

> >This one had a throttle AND a kill switch:

> >http://motorcyclemuseum.org/classics/bike.asp?id=8

> >Having attended the Springfield Mile a couple of times, flattracking
> >is something to behold, something even a lycra pants-wearing f****t
> >bicycler can enjoy. --D-y

> In all of motorsports there is no better show than the big bikes on the big flat
> tracks. No other form of racing has that many lines around the course. It's all
> rider judgment and balls. Big giant can barely sit on the bike clanking cromoly
> balls.
>
> I really can't watch motorcycle road racing. Guys crash and horrible things
> happen that I really don't like to see. A guy sliding into hay bales I can take.
>
> Anyway, if you haven't seen real flat trackers, and not the teacup speedway
> version that you find in places afflicted with the metric system, go watch.

I raced flattrack in the late '70s and early '80s, mostly on TT tracks
- Sidewinders, Castle Rock, Boise, etc. - not so much on the big
ovals. I hung out with some guys who had national numbers (top 100
ranked AMA Experts) and rode in the Camel Pro Series, though. Got
Kenny Roberts autograph at Castle Rock one year. I even had an AMA
Pro license and got a few points in '78 and '80.

But yeah, the hot-shoes on the big ovals are (were) awesome. Sliding
sideways through the turn at 100 mph on wet clay...

"Dan O" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> On Apr 13, 9:44 am, Hobbes@spnb&s.com wrote:
>> On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 05:18:39 -0700 (PDT), "[email protected]"
>>
>> <[email protected]> wrote:

>> >100mph on board tracks. No throttle. No brakes. Suitcase full of
>> >courage.

>> >This one had a throttle AND a kill switch:

>> >http://motorcyclemuseum.org/classics/bike.asp?id=8

>> >Having attended the Springfield Mile a couple of times, flattracking
>> >is something to behold, something even a lycra pants-wearing f****t
>> >bicycler can enjoy. --D-y

>> In all of motorsports there is no better show than the big bikes on the
>> big flat
>> tracks. No other form of racing has that many lines around the course.
>> It's all
>> rider judgment and balls. Big giant can barely sit on the bike clanking
>> cromoly
>> balls.
>>
>> I really can't watch motorcycle road racing. Guys crash and horrible
>> things
>> happen that I really don't like to see. A guy sliding into hay bales I
>> can take.
>>
>> Anyway, if you haven't seen real flat trackers, and not the teacup
>> speedway
>> version that you find in places afflicted with the metric system, go
>> watch.

> I raced flattrack in the late '70s and early '80s, mostly on TT tracks
> - Sidewinders, Castle Rock, Boise, etc. - not so much on the big
> ovals. I hung out with some guys who had national numbers (top 100
> ranked AMA Experts) and rode in the Camel Pro Series, though. Got
> Kenny Roberts autograph at Castle Rock one year. I even had an AMA
> Pro license and got a few points in '78 and '80.
>
> But yeah, the hot-shoes on the big ovals are (were) awesome. Sliding
> sideways through the turn at 100 mph on wet clay...

Sidewinders near Clackamas OR? I spent some great evenings there watching
you guys ride, and watching that crazy flagman!
Kerry