Indiana Republicans gone berserk...

Bikerman2004

Jul 24, 2004

Can anyone from Indiana explain this???

"Republican lawmakers are drafting new legislation that will make marriage a requirement for motherhood in the state of Indiana, including specific criminal penalties for unmarried women who do become pregnant "by means other than sexual intercourse."

"Only women who are married will be considered for the "gestational certificate" that must be presented to any doctor who facilitates the pregnancy. Further, the "gestational certificate" will only be given to married couples that successfully complete the same screening process currently required by law of adoptive parents."

"...and said pregnancy must have occured from the 'missionary' sex position only..."

:rolleyes:

Didn't some other State controlled by the Republicans try to ban the wearing of thongs by young girls as well ?

Quite easily. If a married man who gets divorced can be forced to pay child support, why is the government forced into the same when it didn't have any responsibilty in creating the life?

Furthermore, if one decides to breed dogs, they must apply for a breeding permit. But not so with humans. Why a breeding permit? Because of welfare of the dogs.

Thomas Jefferson said it perfectly when he wrote "..a government large enough to provide its citizens with everything is large enough to take all away..."

what will happen to all those babies that will be born without a certificate? does that mean that they are not entitled to the same benefits as other children..

insane...

Wiesse got it right, you need a permit to breed in Indiana,

now, i can see the merit of this in slack jaw county...where the parents are required to undertake genetic screening and finger counting to make sure they are not closely related...

Bikerman2004 said:

Can anyone from Indiana explain this???

"Republican lawmakers are drafting new legislation that will make marriage a requirement for motherhood in the state of Indiana, including specific criminal penalties for unmarried women who do become pregnant "by means other than sexual intercourse."

"Only women who are married will be considered for the "gestational certificate" that must be presented to any doctor who facilitates the pregnancy. Further, the "gestational certificate" will only be given to married couples that successfully complete the same screening process currently required by law of adoptive parents."

MountainPro said:
now, i can see the merit of this in slack jaw county...where the parents are required to undertake genetic screening and finger counting to make sure they are not closely related...
There are places in Indiana where 'slack jaw' is a step up on the evolutionary scale. But, name a state that doesn't have a few 'hill-folk.' Look at the Kennedy's of Mass. Tell me there wasn't some inbreeding involved in that clan.

So far as this story goes, no one has been able to come with names or dates.

Chance3290 said:
There are places in Indiana where 'slack jaw' is a step up on the evolutionary scale. But, name a state that doesn't have a few 'hill-folk.' Look at the Kennedy's of Mass. Tell me there wasn't some inbreeding involved in that clan.

So far as this story goes, no one has been able to come with names or dates.
Follow this link...You find more information.. Bikerman I can't explain it only to say that it is absurd...

http://sf.indymedia.org/news/2005/10/1720587.php

I might be reading something different, but this looks like lawyer/politician speak for a law concerning invertro type births and, in short, "Who's your daddy."

This stems from cases such as one woman carries another's eggs. It was meant to address who the legal parent of the child would be is there was ever any dispute.

What page, paragraph has the 'license to give birth' or 'only married women can have babies' clause?

limerickman said:
Didn't some other State controlled by the Republicans try to ban the wearing of thongs by young girls as well ?
There needs to be laws and restrictions on thongs and those 'belly shirts.' Over 18 and under 200 pounds. And that's being generous.

There most certainly should be a law outlawing Two-ton Tessie from having her belly poking out of her t-shirt or having her tatooed, extra-wide backside erupting from all sides of her thong.

Chance3290 said:
I might be reading something different, but this looks like lawyer/politician speak for a law concerning invertro type births and, in short, "Who's your daddy."

This stems from cases such as one woman carries another's eggs. It was meant to address who the legal parent of the child would be is there was ever any dispute.

What page, paragraph has the 'license to give birth' or 'only married women can have babies' clause?
Not quite...

An intended parent "who knowingly or willingly participates in an artificial reproduction procedure" without court approval, "commits unauthorized
reproduction, a Class B misdemeanor." The criminal charges will be
the same for physicians who commit "unauthorized practice of
artificial reproduction."
Criminal charges for "unauthorized reproduction"????

2FAST4U said:
An intended parent "who knowingly or willingly participates in an artificial reproduction procedure" without court approval, "commits unauthorized
artificial reproduction."
Criminal charges for "unauthorized reproduction"????
What a bunch of sorry-assed Neanderthal's. :rolleyes: Why not let's get out the racks and the thumb screws and do this 21st-century Inquisition proper-like?

Wurm said:
What a bunch of sorry-assed Neanderthal's. :rolleyes: Why not let's get out the racks and the thumb screws and do this 21st-century Inquisition proper-like?
I am sure it will never fly but just the thought that it has been drafted is the real story here...

2FAST4U said:
I am sure it will never fly but just the thought that it has been drafted is the real story here...
Right. It makes you wonder what these extremist weirdos will try next.

Maybe the Chimpster-in-Chief will give them their latest instructions from God next week?

2FAST4U said:
Not quite...

artificial reproduction." Criminal charges for "unauthorized reproduction"????
Again, I can't find anything about 'only married woman being allowed to have babies.' Where is that? I can't find it.

All this is is the same legal **** that you'll find in most laws and contracts.