indicating on my bike

Vick Raithatha

Oct 25, 2011
hey guys always was a keen cyclist but now using too commute my way too work.. I go through a few unlit roads and country lanes so i found these a great help on ebay;- http://tiny.cc/sx7r1 helps me keep full of the bike and gives drivers no excuses for running me over!

I'm always a bit suspicious when a person's first post is about some "great product" they just had to tell us about. Too often it is a marketing ploy by a person with an interest in the company selling the product.

It's the kind of spam that the mods, on the rare occasion they look for spam, will let pass.

Originally Posted by Vick Raithatha .

hey guys always was a keen cyclist but now using too commute my way too work.. I go through a few unlit roads and country lanes so i found these a great help on ebay;- http://tiny.cc/sx7r1 helps me keep full of the bike and gives drivers no excuses for running me over!
Before spamming about a product that will "give drivers no excuses for running you over" ask yourself first if you'll look like spam if drivers do run you over...

The only spam I care for either comes in a can or via song courtesy of Monty Python.

Reactions: jpr95
That looks really good; real men don't need lights, of course, nor do they like Spam, but the rest of us who don't really care to be run down at night and would like to make it home to our families will appreciate this tip. I do.

That's right. Real men don't need bicycle bells, either.
We just yell to get "eye contact" from cell phone drivers,

HEY! WATCH IT!

I get much better results from a well-timed shout,
than from hand signals. The immortal thumb is good, sure,
but so is your voice, guys. It needs no batteries, and no pumping, unlike a Zound (tm).

A blinkin' signal is a great idea. I really hope that the item atop this thread gets adopted.

For girls and many guys, a blinking little light is great.

For those who have a free hand when riding, a waving arm remains a great tool.

And if you can anticipate, and imagine that someone is about to turn into your path,
or door you, a shout, if you have a big voice, sure beats a bell or bike horn.

I like to say, when on the bike path, coming up behind walkers or joggers,
"beep beep, coming up from behind, pardon me?" and then repeat that, louder,
if they don't hear me because many people have on headphones. Some are walking dogs,
and so, I try to stay off the bike path here, because it is not really suitable for bicyclists.