General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Individual Cream Cheese Danish

Started by Terry Pogue · · Last activity · 1 post · 110 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
14 July 2007
Last activity
14 July 2007
Original author
Terry Pogue
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
110
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. These are very tasty. I made just one roll and baked them in a round
    cake pan. Because they all touched it keep the filling inside the roll.
    terry

    Individual Cream Cheese Danish Recipe

    (Makes 40)
    Recipe By: gretl

    2cancrescent roll dough (10 ounce each)
    1packagescream cheese -- softened (8 ounce)
    1/2 cups white sugar
    1 teaspoons lemon juice
    3/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
    1 teaspoons sour cream
    Glaze:
    1 cups confectioners' sugar
    1 tablespoons milk
    1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract (or almond, or lemon -- depending on
    filling)

    Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Slice (unrolled) crescent roll dough into
    1/4 inch slices (as if making slice-and-bake cookie dough). Note: Freezing
    dough in can for an hour makes slicing easier. In a bowl, mix (with hand
    mixer) cream cheese, white sugar, lemon juice, vanilla extract and sour
    cream together until smooth. Place slices of dough on cookie sheet and
    make an indention in the middle. Add a tablespoon of filling to each
    roll. Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes. In a small bowl, stir
    together confectioners' sugar, milk and extract. If it's too thick, thin
    it with a little more milk. After Danish has cooled, drizzle with icing.

    My note: I made this recipe once, using only half (one can of dough.)
    They were very good, and very easy to make. On some, I added a dab of
    apricot preserves. Some of the preserves slid off the cream cheese as the
    dough rose in the oven, and didn't look so pretty but tasted delicious. So
    this time, I'll make the indentations deeper, kind of pinching up the
    edges like little pies, and I think the fillings will stay in better. I
    have the apricot preserves, and some nice prune butter for prune Danishes.
    I guess I could leave out the cream cheese and just put the preserves by
    themselves, but the cream cheese is so nice as a complement to the
    tartness of the jam. I'll put the glaze in a squeeze bottle and drizzle
    little zigzags on them before serving.

    40 min 20 min prep

    Recipe Notes

    I'm making these little dudes. Okay, it uses refrigerated crescent dough
    as a shortcut and I'm not proud of it but DAMN, they're good! Here's the
    recipe: Small Danishes that make a great addition to a brunch buffet. You
    can also make fruit and cream cheese Danishes by adding a spoonful of
    your favorite pie filling or jam prior to baking. There are never any
    leftovers when I make these.

    http://www.terrypogue.com

    --
    Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia Hill at [email hidden].
    Only recipes and recipe requests are accepted for posting.
    Please allow several days for your submission to appear.
    Archives: http://www.cdkitchen.com/rfr/ http://recipes.alastra.com/

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.