Individual v12 Campy cogs?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Gary Jacobson, May 13, 2003.

  1. Want to put together a 12-29 10 V to use with 46/34 front.

    Can I get a single 12 cog?

    The two cassettes I already own are Ti/steel 13-26 and 13-29.

    Any thoughts as to how to use what I already have along with a 12 to come up with a good
    shifting pattern.

    Thanks, as usual.

    Gary J.

    Tags:

  2. Ronald

    Ronald Guest

    You'll propably need another 13 cog also because the step from 12 to 14 is kind of big, better to
    get rid of one of the bigger cogs
    (16). I've never seen seperate Campagnolo cogs yet, i've seen some Miche 10 speed Campagnolo
    compatible cogs but from what i've heard these don't shift as well as original Campagnolo (no
    experience myself). Maybe your better of getting a sligthly bigger chainring.

    "Gary Jacobson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Want to put together a 12-29 10 V to use with 46/34 front.
    >
    > Can I get a single 12 cog?
    >
    > The two cassettes I already own are Ti/steel 13-26 and 13-29.
    >
    > Any thoughts as to how to use what I already have along with a 12 to come up with a good shifting
    > pattern.
    >
    > Thanks, as usual.
    >
    > Gary J.

  3. Geoff Raynak

    Geoff Raynak Guest

    are you talking 10-speed cassette?

    go here: http://www.branfordbike.com/cassette/cog16.html

    i, too, would ditch the 16 ... but that means you'd need to buy a 13 that would go into the
    second position.

    cheers g

    "Ronald" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > You'll propably need another 13 cog also because the step from 12 to 14 is
    kind of big, better to get rid of one of the bigger cogs
    > (16). I've never seen seperate Campagnolo cogs yet, i've seen some Miche
    10 speed Campagnolo compatible cogs but from what i've
    > heard these don't shift as well as original Campagnolo (no experience
    myself). Maybe your better of getting a sligthly bigger
    > chainring.
    >
    > "Gary Jacobson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > > Want to put together a 12-29 10 V to use with 46/34 front.
    > >
    > > Can I get a single 12 cog?
    > >
    > > The two cassettes I already own are Ti/steel 13-26 and 13-29.
    > >
    > > Any thoughts as to how to use what I already have along with a 12 to
    come up
    > > with a good shifting pattern.
    > >
    > > Thanks, as usual.
    > >
    > > Gary J.

  4. << Can I get a single 12 cog?

    Yep, and we have one but the shifting on a new 13-29 with a 12t inserted wasn't great, so the
    customer went back to the 13t.

    $18 for the cog-