indoor trainer for a strada

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Jac, Jun 30, 2003.

  1. Jac

    Jac Guest

    i'm looking for suggestions for an indoor trainer for a strada. thanks

    jc

    Tags:

  2. Seth Jayson

    Seth Jayson Guest

    > i'm looking for suggestions for an indoor trainer for a strada. thanks

    Cycle-Ops fluid 2 is a great trainer. Want more resistance? Just upshift and you've got it. Need to
    spin faster, downshift and you're there.

  3. Rick Moll

    Rick Moll Guest

    I would check out the Kurt Kinetic:

    http://www.kurtkinetic.com/

    I really like mine, very smooth; and uses a magnetic coupling so there is no seal to worry about
    leaking on your floor. It consistently gets great reviews, probably the best, non electronic,
    trainer out there.

    Rick Moll waiting for my Volae Team training on my RANS V-Rex

    JAC wrote:
    > i'm looking for suggestions for an indoor trainer for a strada. thanks
    >
    > jc

  4. Mike

    Mike Guest

    JC, I have a CycleOps Fluid II that I'm selling. I bought it last fall and used it about 10 times so
    it's practically new. It also has the adapter for a 20 inch wheel. I'm asking $225 for it. A brand
    new one would cost about $275 to $300. If your interested email me.

    Thanks, Mike

    "JAC" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > i'm looking for suggestions for an indoor trainer for a strada. thanks
    >
    > jc

  5. Pj

    Pj Guest

    "JAC" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > i'm looking for suggestions for an indoor trainer for a strada. thanks
    >
    > jc

    I purchased a set of Kreitler Challenger rollers which will just fit the Stada if they are set for
    the longest wheelbase. I found rollers to be a much better (for me) route to go than a stationary
    trainer. With rollers you perfect your spin, along with really enhancing your bike handling skills
    and because you have more of a sense of actually riding it is more interesting experience than a
    stationary trainer, although it still can get a bit boring as will any indoor exercise. While I
    purchased them for off-sesaon training, I still use them from time to time during the riding
    season...actually just spent an hour on them last night.

    There is a learning curve to them as opposed to a stationary trainer but well worth the time spent
    learning how to ride them.

    Pat Mc

  6. Clark Werner

    Clark Werner Guest

  7. Jim C

    Jim C Guest

    Second that. Have been using mine for over 2 years several times a week and nary a problem. If you
    ask if they had a return on hand when you order they will knock off $100.